Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Wartune: Over 1M Registered Users

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,595MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

Reality Squared is reporting that WarTune has already scored over one million registered users since opening its doors for open beta just over a month ago. In addition, over sixteen servers have been opened to accommodate players.

In Wartune, players take on the role of a knight, mage, or archer to progress through a fantasy-based RPG plotline, while constructing and maintaining a thriving city and participating in dozens of daily quests and events. With thousand-person boss battles, city-building, PvP battle grounds and arenas, stunning graphics, a fascinating storyline, angels, demons, monsters, and farming, Wartune is bound to entertain both the casual and hardcore gamer alike.

Find out how to get involved on the WarTune site.

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 1,930Member Common
    Companies are quick to run to the "registered users" line, I will be interested in "actual players".  One well know game has an estimated 57% of accounts never being played.
  • stygianapothstygianapoth Oakwood, GAPosts: 183Member Common
    it's definitely a better browser game but still the same old.
  • teotiusteotius RovaniemiPosts: 100Member
    "stunning graphics", yeah right.
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Sioux City, IAPosts: 3,828Member

I guess I am one of those 1 million registered users, but am not playing. I gave it a shot and never went back. Just did not "click" with me. I wonder how many of the other 1 million have done the same.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• OzmodanOzmodan Hilliard, OHPosts: 7,183Member Uncommon
    Right 1000 person boss battles. Even Eve with their state of the art servers can't do that.  Have to love press releases by marketing idiots.
  • GriffihnGriffihn BacauPosts: 19Member Uncommon
    there can be over 1k players in a boss battle but considering the lag passes 400ms once u hit 300 players, imagine what 1k feel like. as for the active base, i doubt it's anywhere near 50k...