Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need tandardized response to these stupid posts:

VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

Skip to TL;DR to get to what I need from you.

I'm relatively new to this MMORPG.com community. However, from what I've seen, 90% of posts fall into these 3 categories:

1. Quit X game (going back to game Y)

2. X game sucks/overhyped/is dying

3. X game is amazing/lives up to hype/is growing

What I've found is that while some of these topics are well thought out and actually have a point, others tend to focus on a negative or positive point in a game and overexagerrate it.

If it is in favor of the game, they will ignore the negatives (no matter how many) or call them negligible..

If the post is critical of the game, they will ignore the positives(no matter how many)  or call them negligible.

All this stuff is fairly obvious and I'm sure you all realize that this can not be stopped, primarily because if someone likes a game, especially an MMO, that game must be the best game in the genre and all other games must suck. People also have trouble enjoying multiple games for some reason...

TL;DR

ANYWAY, I just need standardized responses to the following types of topics. Creativity is appreciated :) :

1. Quit X game (going back to game Y)

2. X game sucks/overhyped/is dying

3. X game is amazing/lives up to hype/is growing

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

Comments

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757

Well, the standard answer to "I Quit game X" is...

"Can I have your stuff?"

I know it's zero creativity, but there you go.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    Find posts of types 2 and 3 for the same game and give each a link to the other.  Better yet, declare them duplicate threads and call for one of them to be locked while all conversation from it is moved to the other.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    "Ok. Thank you for sharing."

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    1. "Taking responsibility for your freetime is great, good job".

2. "And your just standing there? Get to chest compressions stat!".

3. "You're here posting, it's shrinking again!".
  • OmiragOmirag Member UncommonPosts: 276

1. Go back to WoW

2. Go Back to WoW

3. Go Back to WoW

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697
    Your join date is over a year ago I wouldn't call that relatively new.
  • Kaijin2k3Kaijin2k3 Member Posts: 558

Or we can ignore them completely so the posters get to sit there in an empty thread wondering "wtf?"

Until they finally get bored and go "Screw you gaiz, I'm goin' home."

But 'tis the internet. I vote, join the fun with: "Go back to WoW"

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

1. Cool
    2. Story
    3. Bro

• worldalphaworldalpha Member Posts: 403
    I'm still trying to figure out how I can tandardized my response! :)

Thanks,
    Mike
    Working on Social Strategy MMORTS (now Launched!) http://www.worldalpha.com