Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW & Mists is boring...unsubbed, going back to GW2...

cesmode8cesmode8 Member UncommonPosts: 431

As the title reads, the game hasnt changed one bit aside from a talent overhaul, which they do every expansion(get ready for another one in two years), increased level cap, new race and class(like they havent done this before), and a poor attempt at adding some subpar endgame systems such as scenarios(rift does this better) and pokemon. 

Unsubbed, heading back to GW2.  By far a superior game in most facets.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • cesmode8cesmode8 Member UncommonPosts: 431

Eh, there really is no need to game hop right now (not like I really was a fan of gamehopping anyways).  I might stick around the MMO genre long enough for Titan, but seeing how Blizzard's reputation for "We know better than you" is spreading like a sickness, I might play GW2 for a year or two(maybe more) and then call it quits with the MMO genre. 

As of right now, the only developer that impresses me is Trion.  Arenanet is slowly making a statement, the game is still new but does everything better than most MMOs.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by cesmode8

As the title reads, the game hasnt changed one bit aside from a talent overhaul, which they do every expansion(get ready for another one in two years), increased level cap, new race and class(like they havent done this before), and a poor attempt at adding some subpar endgame systems such as scenarios(rift does this better) and pokemon. 

What facets would those be?

GW2 ended my quest to find a better mmorpg. I'm currently subbed to WoW after a year and a half away. Things like Wpvp, large battle grounds, lots of abilities, and lore/story delivery made the choice an obvious one for me.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Eh, there really is no need to game hop right now (not like I really was a fan of gamehopping anyways).  I might stick around the MMO genre long enough for Titan, but seeing how Blizzard's reputation for "We know better than you" is spreading like a sickness, I might play GW2 for a year or two(maybe more) and then call it quits with the MMO genre. 

As of right now, the only developer that impresses me is Trion.  Arenanet is slowly making a statement, the game is still new but does everything better than most MMOs.

Hmm, think Smedley coughed on Morhaime? It do sound contagious.

Trion is indeed impressing with updates but they could be better in the new idea department. I am waiting for Undead labs to make their move and for CCP to finally put a gear on WoDO.

Until then I will play GW2.

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850
    I see what you did there....you saw the I left GW2 for WoW posts so made a very simple and clearly trollish post here to try and redeem GW2 because of the other posts.  Tricky boy.

@Ausere, you got me!  No..

No, the game is just completely behind the curve.  How does WoW tell a story better than a game like SWTOR, or even GW2?  Its graphics engine is woefully outdated, so I think we all can agree that they fall way behind the curve.  The combat is stand still button mashing...on my rogue I would hardly ever see my character executing abilities such as mutilate.  Things like autoattack just blurred everything together.  At least in any other MMO, namely Tera and GW2, you see your abilities and efforts being executed.  Not to mention, both games require you to not only move out of bad floor, which WoW does as well, but to dodge/roll through mechanics, read a mob's behavior and react.  Something that WoW does not do.

No, not a troll post. 

• roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402

I suspect a lot of people that returned / stayed for MoP will play the content for a few months then leave . WoW doesn't really offer much in terms of long term interesting gameplay these days as its more a casual game where most things can be achieved within a month or two . The nice thing about GW2 is that its lack of a subscription means you can just play it when you feel like it . Its perfect to play along side an subscription mmo . For me that mmo is RIft which is a bit of a WoW clone but it offers the fun elements that are missing so badly from WoW now . I love being able to mess around with my talent trees . WoWs ok for extemly casual or novice gamers but outside the pvp battlegrounds and arenas its challenges are very limited now days .

I always think of WoW like a Zombie . It just wont die but the life it once had is gone forever .

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

So out of the 2000 threads about people leaving WoW because they are going to gw2 and the other 2000 threads about people leaving GW2 and going back to WoW shows people have different tastes and opinion wich is what makes us all human.

Thank you for opening thread number 4001  Thank you for telling us you dislike WoW and thank you so much!! for telling us you will be playing gw2! We all care so much!

Originally posted by Ausare
    I see what you did there....you saw the I left GW2 for WoW posts so made a very simple and clearly trollish post here to try and redeem GW2 because of the other posts.  Tricky boy.

If his post is trollish then so is yours...

With GW2 you can leave and come back when you want......to an empty game because everyone is leaving and maybe one day will come back...you know when they are done with the next latest game.
  • OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

I am so happy to hear this... now I can sleep tonight! We, over in WoW were just waiting for you to leave. You should have seen the party!

Seriously, I'm playing both right now. I don't understand why some of you have to pick a side and be so damn gung ho. 

Originally posted by Praetalus

I am so happy to hear this... now I can sleep tonight! We, over in WoW were just waiting for you to leave. You should have seen the party!

Seriously, I'm playing both right now. I don't understand why some of you have to pick a side and be so damn gung ho. 

It is because in the WoW world, when you merely mention another game in any of the wow-fanboi sites, like mmochamp, people jump all over you and troll you.  How dare someone say that another game is going to be good, or is good.  WoW must be the end all be all, according to the 10 million nostalgic players.

Originally posted by Loke666

I just think it is funny that you, who has stated you will never play WoW again, loves to post in the WoW forum.  You can come back he will not hold it against you.  image

Originally posted by Praetalus

It is because in the WoW world, when you merely mention another game in any of the wow-fanboi sites, like mmochamp, people jump all over you and troll you.  How dare someone say that another game is going to be good, or is good.  WoW must be the end all be all, according to the 10 million nostalgic players.

Maybe when you post this in the WOW FORUM you get people that actually llke the game will come to denounce the posts.  Why not put this in the GW2 forum?

With GW2 you can leave and come back when you want......to an empty game because everyone is leaving and maybe one day will come back...you know when they are done with the next latest game.

Really, my server seems pretty stable after the 2 first weeks, lots of people online most of the time and it is not one of the topservers population wise. We were about 80-100 people who took down the dragon in Frostgorge yesterday.

Besides, you can just move to a server with better population for free otherwise. Adding cross realm zones and cross server dungeon /raid finders really isnt any better.

There are plenty of empty Wow servers and there it cost you 20 Euro for each character you want to move.

I just think it is funny that you, who has stated you will never play WoW again, loves to post in the WoW forum.  You can come back he will not hold it against you.  image

I think you're a stalker...are you going around reading other people's post histories?

Im feeling on edge now.

Really, my server seems pretty stable after the 2 first weeks, lots of people online most of the time and it is not one of the topservers population wise. We were about 80-100 people who took down the dragon in Frostgorge yesterday.

Besides, you can just move to a server with better population for free otherwise. Adding cross realm zones and cross server dungeon /raid finders really isnt any better.

There are plenty of empty Wow servers and there it cost you 20 Euro for each character you want to move.

Having about 300 hours of playtime, 100+ of it at 80, I canhonestly say I havent touched frostgorge and did not know of a dragon there.  I will check it out tonight!

Also, the free server transfers are limited time.  I suspect they will end that in the next week or two.

Have to say Wow servers seem to be doing fine.  When GW2 reach say 5 million subs in the west we will talk.

Having about 300 hours of playtime, 100+ of it at 80, I canhonestly say I havent touched frostgorge and did not know of a dragon there.  I will check it out tonight!

Also, the free server transfers are limited time.  I suspect they will end that in the next week or two.

You will not have time.  You will be here reading the WoW forums longing for your days in Azeroth.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627

I been playing MoP because I don't see much point doing the same thing in a new game that is like the one I have been playing off and on for 8 years.  Might as well invest my time in the one that is better and not as boring.  I found GW2 very blah and repetative.  This is my personal opinon, I just have many more things to do in the world of Azeroth than I do in GW2.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,373
    Seems more like a debate between bad vs evil over which is worse. The answer is clearly yes.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Have to say Wow servers seem to be doing fine.  When GW2 reach say 5 million subs in the west we will talk.

This is the kind of wow-fanboism that people love!  First, GW2 sold 2 million copies in the first week or two, forcing them to shut down sales of the game.  Their servers could not handle in influx of players.  Ironically, WoW was the last MMO that had to do this at launch.  I think that says something.  And no, I dont think Arenanet purposefully engineered such an infrastructure or purposefully shut down sales to make their game seem like its booming, especially since game sales is the #1 source of income for them right now, with there being no subscription.

Second, GW1 had 5million(or 7 mill, cant remember) players, a large amount of it in Europe and overseas.  Id say thats a fair competitor for the almighty WoW.  Even if the game garners 3 million sales total, that is immensely successful. 

And look for WoW subs to drop after Q1 2013 when the annual pass, and MoP hype dies down.  They'll come back to the sub-less GW2 :)

Originally posted by cinos

Ever think that he might just have seen the thread in 'Current forum activity'.

No need to browse specific forums when you have that. :p

The fact that people that seem to hate WoW feel the need to post in every WoW related thread is rather interesting.  I have little interest in DF you will hardly ever see me post in a thread over there or give my opinion of the game.  To actually take the time to post about a game they hate is rather telling.  The old adage "He doth protest too much" seems fitting.

Originally posted by Betaguy

I been playing MoP because I don't see much point doing the same thing in a new game that is like the one I have been playing off and on for 8 years.  Might as well invest my time in the one that is better and not as boring.  I found GW2 very blah and repetative.  This is my personal opinon, I just have many more things to do in the world of Azeroth than I do in GW2.

Just curious, and not trying to upset you or anything.. What is "many more things to do in azeroth than Gw2"..what is available in MoP that is not available in GW2?

This discussion has been closed.