Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ultima Forever!

Ultima Online is arguably the father of the whole MMO scene.  There were other mmos at the time (Neverwinter Nights online was on AOL starting in the 90s) but none which showed us the potential of this as a gaming platform until Richard Garriot gave us Ultima Online.

I remember the launch; I spent most of the night trying to log in, server problems, lag problems, login issues.  You name the problem; they had it.  But those few minutes of play time just made the down-time worth it.

Anywhere PVP, portal runes, dyes, player housing, etc.  Great stuff.  Back when dying meant quite likely losing your equipped gear.

I'm just hoping Ultima Forever polishes up what we all loved about the title; without changing the game too much.  Give us a world worth exploring and exploiting!  Give survival meaning!

Comments

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Sadly, this won't be a sequel to UO, it's a remake of Ultima 4, a singleplayer game. And all signs point to EA mucking it up. :/
  • aryabaaryaba Member Posts: 22

Well, Ultima IV is pretty good; a whole world to explore.

So, any slated multiplayer for this?  Or just single player?

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by aryaba

I think there is supposed to be some COOP, which could be quite fantastic. I am cautiously hopeful for this. Maybe, if there's enough interest, we could get a proper UO2.

• aryabaaryaba Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by DavisFlight
    Originally posted by aryaba

I think there is supposed to be some COOP, which could be quite fantastic. I am cautiously hopeful for this. Maybe, if there's enough interest, we could get a proper UO2.

A proper UO2 would be nice.  A solid mix of themepark/sand box with heavy emphasis on the sand box portion of the game.