Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The Ruiner" - ESO Matt Firor meme

EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868

Thought it'd be fun to try the meme thing with Matt Firor.  I have dubbed him "The Ruiner" for a laugh.

Here are two I like so far, see if you guys can come up with any.  If anyone makes one I particularly like, I'll PM them a Planetside 2 key, since I have two spare ones.

http://memegenerator.net/The-Ruiner

Comments

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Firor is probably the only one on the team salvaging the game. He's the one pushing things like public dungeons and RvR. Zenimax are pushing instances and phasing and quest based leveling and all that WoW BS.
  • EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by DavisFlight
    Firor is probably the only one on the team salvaging the game. He's the one pushing things like public dungeons and RvR. Zenimax are pushing instances and phasing and quest based leveling and all that WoW BS.

Source?

Public dungeons and RvR will do nothing to salvage this game.  He is just using his DAOC 2 design doc and changing the name to Elder Scrolls Online.  Look at his resume (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Firor), he is the source of the problem.

He is in it for a steady paycheck and the path of least resistance.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

Can we not just give this game a chance before we bash the game into oblivion (no pun intended)?  I'm starting to believe that like another game released not long ago, it won't matter how good it actually is, people have already decided that TSO will suck.  Lets wait until we can play it before we start the doom and gloom.  

Even if TSO isn't quite the Elder Scrolls MMO we all want, it may still turn out to be a decent alternative for players who have grown bored with WoW and GW2.

Originally posted by Entinerint

Source?

Public dungeons and RvR will do nothing to salvage this game.  He is just using his DAOC 2 design doc and changing the name to Elder Scrolls Online.  Look at his resume (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Firor), he is the source of the problem.

Nothing wrong with making DAoC 2 considering DAoC 1 was one of the best MMOs ever made.

It's already a forgone conclusion that it won't be like Elderscrolls. An MMO can NEVER be like Elderscrolls. At least Frior is fighting to make it a damn good MMO, while the publishers are pushing the features that kill MMOs (phasing, instancing, scripted quests).

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

For the good of your health (mental, physical and emotional), I think you need to move away from gaming and find a new hobby. Quickly.

• GhostshadowsGhostshadows Member UncommonPosts: 70

If anything thing this guy is the SAVING GRACE to this game. Without the DAOC influence this game would be utter trash.

Cheers to Pub dungeons and 3 faction open world pvp

People take the internet too serious...go out get some sun and cool off

Wow kids, relax, this was just for a little fun.  You guys are way too wound up.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Source?

That still is not as bad as thing could be, he could be using the Wow 2.0 design instead.

I am not exactly a fan and think that the IP deserves more but there are worse things than copying DaoC.

Originally posted by Ghostshadows

If anything thing this guy is the SAVING GRACE to this game. Without the DAOC influence this game would be utter trash.

Cheers to Pub dungeons and 3 faction open world pvp

Now if only they got rid of instances altogether. Instances are a big part of what ruined DAoC.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    Wow kids, relax, this was just for a little fun.  You guys are way too wound up.

kids?  You seem to be the one out of your element and ignorant of mmo history.  You won't get anyone to go along with bashing Firor.  Find another target.

Originally posted by adam_nox

kids?  You seem to be the one out of your element and ignorant of mmo history.  You won't get anyone to go along with bashing Firor.  Find another target.

How about "children" then?

Children, children, have you ever read his resume?  Have you ever played any other game he has been involved in except for the mediocre success of DAOC?

DAOC was a fluke of success, the man is terrible, and is ruining the potential for what The Elder Scrolls mmo could have been.

If he was a baseball player he'd be batting 50.  That's not good, btw.

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363

Woah! That is new!

Bashing a game before we have even seen anything definitive... not bad! Haters are getting quicker with every game.

Could we at least wait until TESO gets it´s expected 8.5-9.5 review ratings every cookie cutter MMO gets, and then go destroy it on metacritic by rating it ZERO ?

/facepalm

Originally posted by Yakamomoto

Woah! That is new!

Bashing a game before we have even seen anything definitive... not bad! Haters are getting quicker with every game.

Could we at least wait until TESO gets it´s expected 8.5-9.5 review ratings every cookie cutter MMO gets, and then go destroy it on metacritic by rating it ZERO ?

/facepalm

Nothing definitive?

http://tamrielfoundry.com/development-faq/

/facepalm

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

Children, children, have you ever read his resume?  Have you ever played any other game he has been involved in except for the mediocre success of DAOC?

DAOC was a fluke of success, the man is terrible, and is ruining the potential for what The Elder Scrolls mmo could have been.

I don't understand why you continue to post.  My point was that only a younger mmo player would think these things, younger in mind or body, don't care which.  DAoC was not a fluke.  Firor was not involved in design of ToA, but only in DAoC vanilla and first xpac, which was awesome.  He left Mythic before Warhammer came out.  What else was he even involved heavily in that supposedly failed?

• Radar11xRadar11x Member UncommonPosts: 118
    At the end of the day if you dont like it don't buy it, and most definitly not pay a sub for it.

I don't understand why you continue to post.  My point was that only a younger mmo player would think these things, younger in mind or body, don't care which.  DAoC was not a fluke.  Firor was not involved in design of ToA, but only in DAoC vanilla and first xpac, which was awesome.  He left Mythic before Warhammer came out.  What else was he even involved heavily in that supposedly failed?

You don't get executive producer credit on a project if you left the company.  Executive producers are overseers of a game's development.  He may not have been directly involved in the creative aspects any more but he had to approve everything.  Also, read the biography.  He left Mythic in 2006, 2 years after DAOC's last expansion was released.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Firor

Your lack of research and backiing up of your assertions is what shows a younger mind. 

I'll say it again, in terms of Matt Firor's track record, DAOC was a fluke, his ONLY mild success.  And the success was mild.  DAOC didn't rival the largest MMOs of its time, because it just wasn't as good in many ways.  RVR was an interesting new feature, but it wasn't the be-all end-all and certainly wasn't for everyone.

My first MMO was Meridian 59.  I've played most of them since, most not for more than a few minutes, but I've been around kiddo.  I did play Neverwinter on AOL, but I'm not sure I consider that a true MMO, more of a glorified MUD.

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,077
    this game is gonna be a cross between daoc, gw2 and swtor, tbh...
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Daoc was the 2nd biggest mmo after EQ in its prime.
    He quit just before EA got onboard. That tells me the guy has some smarts.

Also the second image is wrong - YOU CAN CLIMB THAT MOUNTAIN - its an open world game, they've stated that many times.
  • YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363
    Originally posted by Yakamomoto

Woah! That is new!

/facepalm

Nothing definitive?

http://tamrielfoundry.com/development-faq/

/facepalm

Doesn´t sound too bad, watched some videos.

Too bad there is no housing on release but the rest sounds pretty cool

Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Daoc was the 2nd biggest mmo after EQ in its prime.

You forgot SWG and Ultima Online.

DAOC's sub peak was at about 250k

EQ was 450k

SWG was 350k

UO was 250k

He quit just before EA got onboard. That tells me the guy has some smarts.

Also the second image is wrong - YOU CAN CLIMB THAT MOUNTAIN - its an open world game, they've stated that many times.

No.  If you are in High Rock and you see Throat of the World in the distance, guess what, you CAN'T climb that.

Read up on it, it's not open-world.  It is instanced, like GW2.  Also, you can't go into enemy faction territory.

Wouldn't be so sure on the enemy territory thing, wouldn't be suprised if they had some full pvp servers and coop servers along with the main rvr servers.
    Wouldn't be so sure on the enemy territory thing, wouldn't be suprised if they had some full pvp servers and coop servers along with the main rvr servers.

Confirmed via twitter.  No indication whether there will be different server types, but these days it's not too common.  Still that's speculative, we know for a fact that factions are relegated to their territory.

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

Nothing definitive?http://tamrielfoundry.com/development-faq//facepalm

No comment on the game, but damn, that's an excellent FAQ. I wish every upcoming game had such a good FAQ so early in its development. Clear, well laid out, well referenced - love it!

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

This discussion has been closed.