Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bots Bots Bots Bots.....

13»

Comments

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by Xten

May I remind you that while critic is permitted, one of the rules of these forums is also that excessive bashing of the same game by the same is not authorized. An account with 25+ posts all bashing GW2 and all repeating basically the same stuff over and over is obviously on an agenda, and breaking that rule. And some here are way beyond the 25+ posts of repetitive GW2 bashing.

How does it apply to this thread? There are already several threads about bots, one on  first page with a lot of posts in it already. Getting old for those who try to communicate about the game, and not against it.

^this

Pointing out someones posting history is one of the most valid responses there is simply it is a actaull record of ones behaviour and when this history shows a new acount with 25 posts and all 25 do nothing but bash then it becomes quite obvious and anyone can acces this history. It is right there for everyone to see.

If he posts "gw2 is a asian grinder!!11"  25 times exclusivly in a gw2 forum on a new account then what do you think he is doing ? 

Not everything has to be all happy and positive of course but a troll = a troll and should be allowed to be pointed out and what better way to point it out then to view and point at their own public record on the matter?!

I disagree.

First of all, given how loosely the term "bashing" is used around here to basically mean "any and all criticism of a game I like", saying a poster has 25, 50 or even 100 posts of "bashing the game" or "posting excessively negative comments" is dubious at best, as it comes from an already biased and heavily skewed perspective.

Further, I'm pretty sure it's the moderators' place to make that determination, not self-appointed forum police trying to protect "their game" from criticism.

As long as the poster remains within the forum TOS as decided by the mods, they're doing nothing wrong in posting critical or even negative opinions of the game - forum member assertions to the contrary notwithstanding.

If the OP is guilty of anything, it's posting a new thread on a topic that already has threads dedicated to it. They're not guilty of pointing out the botting problem in GW2, regardless of their post history.

Maybe it'd be easier to just accept that some people are as likely to post negative opinions on a game they're not crazy about as others are to post all positive comments

• IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707
    Obviously "hackers", botters and gold sellers mostly use accounts they don't own. Players should stop trading on the black market and all the above (except pvp botting) will magically disappear.
  • UnshraUnshra Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by Loke666
    Originally posted by Xasapis

Well, it's kind of hilarious to watch the double standards. Anything good and it's all Anet and NCsoft has zero say or can get any credit for. Anything bad and it's all NCsoft's fault and Anet is powerless and not at fault.

Sorry, can't have it both ways.

What is NC softs fault is that they use email adresses as usernames, it is their standard which their partners just have to live with,

The rest is of course ANETs fault, but the bot problem is a storm in a waterglass. Account hacking is a real problem, and ANET really should restore hacked accounts items and characters at least, complain on that instead if you want to complain instead.

That is ArenaNet's fault not NCSoft, NCSoft was originally a unique username while Guild Wars opted for e-mail addresses as their usernames and carried it over to Guild Wars 2. NCSoft recently adopted the same style of login for their games with NC Account, however they don't share the same database, this is why the Guild Wars games can't be migrated over to the new NC Account system (only AION and Lineage 2.)

So no it's not NCSoft fault that Guild Wars 2 uses your e-mail address as your username, it's just business as usual for ArenaNet and if anything it would be more accurate to say ArenaNet influenced NCSoft's new NC Account management though I doubt it.

Because flying a Minmatar ship is like going down a flight of stairs on an office chair while firing an Uzi.

• XtenXten Member Posts: 119
    Originally posted by TangentPoint
    Originally posted by Xten

May I remind you that while critic is permitted, one of the rules of these forums is also that excessive bashing of the same game by the same is not authorized. An account with 25+ posts all bashing GW2 and all repeating basically the same stuff over and over is obviously on an agenda, and breaking that rule. And some here are way beyond the 25+ posts of repetitive GW2 bashing.

How does it apply to this thread? There are already several threads about bots, one on  first page with a lot of posts in it already. Getting old for those who try to communicate about the game, and not against it.

^this

Pointing out someones posting history is one of the most valid responses there is simply it is a actaull record of ones behaviour and when this history shows a new acount with 25 posts and all 25 do nothing but bash then it becomes quite obvious and anyone can acces this history. It is right there for everyone to see.

If he posts "gw2 is a asian grinder!!11"  25 times exclusivly in a gw2 forum on a new account then what do you think he is doing ? 

Not everything has to be all happy and positive of course but a troll = a troll and should be allowed to be pointed out and what better way to point it out then to view and point at their own public record on the matter?!

I disagree.

First of all, given how loosely the term "bashing" is used around here to basically mean "any and all criticism of a game I like", saying a poster has 25, 50 or even 100 posts of "bashing the game" or "posting excessively negative comments" is dubious at best, as it comes from an already biased and heavily skewed perspective.

Further, I'm pretty sure it's the moderators' place to make that determination, not self-appointed forum police trying to protect "their game" from criticism.

As long as the poster remains within the forum TOS as decided by the mods, they're doing nothing wrong in posting critical or even negative opinions of the game - forum member assertions to the contrary notwithstanding.

If the OP is guilty of anything, it's posting a new thread on a topic that already has threads dedicated to it. They're not guilty of pointing out the botting problem in GW2, regardless of their post history.

Maybe it'd be easier to just accept that some people are as likely to post negative opinions on a game they're not crazy about as others are to post all positive comments

Easier yes but better ? no.

easy does not equal better.

If someone decides to join a forum like this and do nothing but post negative comments on the subject then his motives will be questioned, you should not be surprised by this or try to deny anyone the right to do so since you do seem to push for his right to do so at the same time, a bit odd that.

It is like the example posted in this thread about the guy who at some point admitted that he hates funcom and how he would like to see them go bankrupt. What sort of worthwhile addition do you suppose his "opinion" on the matter will be ? None, would be my awnser since it would not matter to him to have a oppinion on any funcom game since he hates funcom to start with. So he has no need for a opinion but he may spread BS and lies and should not be pointed out for it according to you because it is his right  and it is so much easier not to do this.

Why go easy on them ? Why do people like that have all the right to do so and others not the right to point it out according to you.

That is a bit ridiculous really.

Trolls do not spread oppinions.

• tordurbartordurbar Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Originally posted by Loke666
    Originally posted by PsyMike3d

Oh yeah, i forgot to mention, BOTS everywhere!

BotWars2

After checking the your last 35 posts or so (which are 2/3rds about DF, and a few complaining about GW2): What do you base this on?

Do you actually play? Have you seen plenty of bots?

I never seen an obvious bot and I been playing for over 200 hours. In Linegae they were everywhere, but here no.

You have not been playing in the 30-40 level areas. Lornar's pass had two bots running all morning (ET) Saturday and Sunday around the cave in the middle with the skill point and the Norn (?) camp to the south east of the skill point. In the zone to the west of it there is a big camp and there were at least 3-4 bots doing endless loops around the right side of the camp. Those are just two of the several that I met. I reported the Lornar Pass bots  but nothing has been done (though it was a weekend so I will cut ANet some slack).

These are not multi-boxers - these are bots. They run the same pattern ALL the time. I watched the skill cave bot for almost an hour as I moved around the area - they never deviated.

It is not quite as bad as Lineage 2 but it is discouraging.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Edit: After a second thought, I am removing my post so as not to hijack.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    Well, I'll give a 10/10 for thread hijacking.
  • AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    The original post in the thread offers nothing to actually discuss. It's a bit of a bait and this is yet another thread discussing bots when there were already others.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.