Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bots Bots Bots Bots.....

Comments

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Originally posted by PsyMike3d

Oh yeah, i forgot to mention, BOTS everywhere!

BotWars2

Honestly, i am more concerned with bugs. Its been over a month and GW2 has more bugs than Starship Troopers. The bugs from release are still here and personal stories are still broken for over a month for many players.

Its really embarrassing for a AAA title.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan
    Originally posted by jacklo
    If you're posting about bots, could you name the servers because I've yet to see any - Gandara EU.

To be honest, I'm on Gandara and I've seen some, notably in Queensdale - a couple of hunters with gibberish names running in circles killing random stuff over and over.

But it's nowhere near the invasion some posters here try to make us believe.

Personally I haven't noticed a single one of those bots, perhaps because I spend most of my time inside WvW. What worries me is not the amount, but rather their abilities and what that means in PvP.

• Running a bit faster (or constantly on max speed) and you can reach your target or get away easier.
    • Jumping a bit higher and you can reach points that would be considered unreacheable, so you can either flank or place siege.
    • I won't even comment what teleporting anywhere in a WvW map means for the balance of this map.
    • Other weird stuff like getting one shotted from max health or thieves never leaving stealth while attacking and so on.
    So while some people think that bots only affect the economy, the lack of failsafes that allowed the presence of said bots can have a bigger impact on the actual player gameplay if left unchecked.
  • KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    Originally posted by Loke666
    Originally posted by Xasapis

Well, it's kind of hilarious to watch the double standards. Anything good and it's all Anet and NCsoft has zero say or can get any credit for. Anything bad and it's all NCsoft's fault and Anet is powerless and not at fault.

Sorry, can't have it both ways.

What is NC softs fault is that they use email adresses as usernames, it is their standard which their partners just have to live with,

The rest is of course ANETs fault, but the bot problem is a storm in a waterglass. Account hacking is a real problem, and ANET really should restore hacked accounts items and characters at least, complain on that instead if you want to complain instead.

this

• Medicated03Medicated03 Member UncommonPosts: 40
    Originally posted by JeroKane

BotWars2

After checking the your last 35 posts or so (which are 2/3rds about DF, and a few complaining about GW2): What do you base this on?

Do you actually play? Have you seen plenty of bots?

I never seen an obvious bot and I been playing for over 200 hours. In Linegae they were everywhere, but here no.

My main is a lvl70 thief.. i play every day not too much though as the first weeks. And yes i see bots in every area... a group of hunters running around farming, even events. I dont know why my last 35post has something to do with this... its a fact i've seen every day and its getting worse

It was the same crap back with Aion.

There armies of bots were constantly clearing entire quest areas of mobs. It was disgusting.

We reported every single bot, but when we still saw the exact same bots on the exact same spot farming over a week later, we all hit the Cancel button and left that craptastic game.

NCSoft has never really cared about bots and never will.

I totally remember that, only in Aion thye made it redicuimagelous to try and do your quests xD at least in GW2 they donnt affect you that way as much..... but yeah NCsoft dont care about bots much or gold sellers sad truth.

• GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907
    Originally posted by halflife25

BotWars2

Honestly, i am more concerned with bugs. Its been over a month and GW2 has more bugs than Starship Troopers. The bugs from release are still here and personal stories are still broken for over a month for many players.

Its really embarrassing for a AAA title.

This.

I agree. Even though the bots annoy me the bugs need fixing more so. For me... I think the mechanisms are in place for the players to police the bots so to speak, now on to the bugs. Quickly.

• UtukuUtuku Member Posts: 30
    Originally posted by jacklo
    If you're posting about bots, could you name the servers because I've yet to see any - Gandara EU.

If you head down to the woods today your in for a big supprise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDdpvV5mh_A&feature=player_embedded

• jondifooljondifool Member UncommonPosts: 1,143

I think its time to remember that ArenaNet usual have collect bans together in big packages to hit an criminal activity hard and efficent. As of now we are 6 weeks into the game. And alot of other stuff have had bigger priority, and with good reason. Like the 30.000+ hacked accounts.

In around a month i will expect to see a big ban wave again. This time hitting bots. Properly just around halloween as part of the festival.

And remember that bots in most cases are directly costing ArenaNet money as they found illegal goldselling. The more they can stop botters the more money they will make. But for now they can trace and track the transaction from botting accounts, and hopefully get the to hit the whole gang, and not just the bot being repported.

• mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988
    bot, bot , bot..  bok... bok boooooook boooooook BOOOOOK COT KA DAWWW
  • halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    [mod edit]
  • ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by Utuku

Here's a first,a GW2 faithful checking a forum members post history because they dare to start a thread complaining about the rampant bots and hacks in they're favorite semi Asian grinder.

We could look at your post history then... account created 4 days ago, 23 posts, all GW2 bashing, repeating "asian cash shop grind" at least 5 times.

The agenda of some people are pretty obvious. Reading post histories is always entertaining and helps filling your block list efficiently.

+1

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by Utuku
    An semi Asian cash shop grinder and people are supprised it's infested with hacks and bots.

semi asian cash shop grinder??

PFFFFF.... just lol

• XtenXten Member Posts: 119

BotWars2

After checking the your last 35 posts or so (which are 2/3rds about DF, and a few complaining about GW2): What do you base this on?

I never seen an obvious bot and I been playing for over 200 hours. In Linegae they were everywhere, but here no.

My main is a lvl70 thief.. i play every day not too much though as the first weeks. And yes i see bots in every area... a group of hunters running around farming, even events. I dont know why my last 35post has something to do with this... its a fact i've seen every day and its getting worse

There armies of bots were constantly clearing entire quest areas of mobs. It was disgusting.

We reported every single bot, but when we still saw the exact same bots on the exact same spot farming over a week later, we all hit the Cancel button and left that craptastic game.

I played Aion from 2009 until 2012 i ran a fully loaded legion and a second one to accomodate alts.

That bot infestation that you mention took some time to deal with at the beginning of the game !! It takes time to collect all these bots and learn how they work and then keep uptodate with. But the way you put it all those bots showed up and were never dealt with. This is a blatant lie on your part. All bots were taken care of and no it did not take a year or years but it also did not happen in 1 day (obviously). After the big bot invasion was solved there were still bots that showed up here and there but it was so few and they got cleaned up so regularly (weekly) that it became a non issue and we ended up with 3 to 4 spammers a week which was totally negligible.

"NCsoft never cared and never will" is what you claim but the reality of it is far from it. Go dramahype some more will you, maybe soap series would make for better entertainment for you since it seems to fit your style.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

What are those GW2 bashers trying to achieve ?
    Any mmo i played has bots, GW2 no exception.

But you bashers try way to hard.

Played wow lately ? Played Battlegrounds lately ? thats much worse then a few bots reaoming in a pve setting.

At least you can double team with a bot and make easier kills to farm some stuff, unlike in other games where they steal your mobs.

1/10 for the effort, but next time dont make 20 posts about bashing GW as post history can be viewed by any1.

• KniknaxKniknax Member UncommonPosts: 576

I play on an EU server since beta, and havent seen any bots.

Although, as GW2 is designed to be "groupless" and gives you the ability to "just join in the fight" - how do bots cause you problems? Cant you just go along and join in? They cant steal your kills or anything here, and Anet sell the gold themselves - so I cant see how bots can stop anyone from playing.

"When people don't know much about something, they tend to fill in the blanks the way they want them to be filled in. They are almost always disappointed." - Will Wright

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

I'm on Far Shiverpeaks and I haven't seen any bots, then again I haven't been looking for them or took noticed.

My next drunk gaming session I will go on bot hunt and see how many I can spot.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788
    People mention this 'bot' thingy, but I have yet to see one bot. I guess my server is blessed. I got 350+ hours.
  • NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748

I have seen a lot of bots on Tarnished Coast, but don't really care that much. I am such a casual player, and independent of the economy (really just me, my wife and a few rl friends playing together) that their impact, while kind of annoying, does not do much to me one way or the other.

I do miss games where you could kill them or lead them off cliffs and things, those were the days. =)

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

BotWars2

My main is a lvl70 thief.. i play every day not too much though as the first weeks. And yes i see bots in every area... a group of hunters running around farming, even events. I dont know why my last 35post has something to do with this... its a fact i see every day and its getting worse

It's a common "debate" tactic around here, and on gaming forums in general, to try and use someone's posting history (whether quantity or content) as a way to dismiss their arguments without actually ever addressing them.

Basically, "I don't like your arguments, but I can't effectively refute them.  I'm still compelled to tell you you're wrong, so I'll just use something arbitrary and irrelevant against you instead. Let's see what your posting history is..."

If you're not used to it yet, you will be.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by TangentPoint

It's a common "debate" tactic around here, and on gaming forums in general, to try and use someone's posting history (whether quantity or content) as a way to dismiss their arguments without actually ever addressing them.

Basically, "I don't like your arguments, but I can't effectively refute them.  I'm still compelled to tell you you're wrong, so I'll just use something arbitrary and irrelevant against you instead. Let's see what your posting history is..."

Fallacy of origin.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,455

BotWars2

My main is a lvl70 thief.. i play every day not too much though as the first weeks. And yes i see bots in every area... a group of hunters running around farming, even events. I dont know why my last 35post has something to do with this... its a fact i see every day and its getting worse

May I remind you that while critic is permitted, one of the rules of these forums is also that excessive bashing of the same game by the same is not authorized. An account with 25+ posts all bashing GW2 and all repeating basically the same stuff over and over is obviously on an agenda, and breaking that rule. And some here are way beyond the 25+ posts of repetitive GW2 bashing.

How does it apply to this thread? There are already several threads about bots, one on  first page with a lot of posts in it already. Getting old for those who try to communicate about the game, and not against it.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

BotWars2

Yeah that's most infuriating and saddening-disappointing feeling when you report botter or gold spammer and you know that multiple other people have reported it as well - because you asked them to personally + by chance someone had to and you still see exactly same bot and exactly same gold spammer farmer (or /and same cheater in some games) still existing for WEEKS and sometimes MONTHS.

I've kinda stopped being so tolerant for game devs.  If I report bot and I know that at leat 10 other people reported it also and days and weeks later I still see same bot doing it (frequently in exactly same spot) then there is no forgiving from me - jsut stop playing is only good solution imo.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

May I remind you that while critic is permitted, one of the rules of these forums is also that excessive bashing of the same game by the same is not authorized. An account with 25+ posts all bashing GW2 and all repeating basically the same stuff over and over is obviously on an agenda, and breaking that rule. And some here are way beyond the 25+ posts of repetitive GW2 bashing.

How does it apply to this thread? There are already several threads about bots, one on  first page with a lot of posts in it already. Getting old for those who try to communicate about the game, and not against it.

I'm pretty sure I saw another guy in a thread admitting that was bashing TSW just because he hated Funcom and wanted to see the company go bankrupt. So it's not solely a GW2 phenomenon, for good or bad. Also consolidating the posts here and on the official forums won't solve the issues. And the issues (botting, hacking etc.) is what will drive people away from the game, not some forum whining. I like to believe that the majority reading these forums, are at least somewhat fire-proof and nonsense-repelant by now.

The problem is not merely the bots, it's the lack of safe checks. You may have bots in every game out there, but it's absurd that said bots (or players) can teleport around, run at max speed etc.

The issues start to infest WvW. Here's a thread about actual players flying around or porting and destroying orb altar from a fully fortified keep.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/HACKING

BotWars2

^this

Pointing out someones posting history is one of the most valid responses there is simply it is a actuall record of ones behaviour and when this history shows a new acount with 25 posts and all 25 do nothing but bash then it becomes quite obvious and anyone can acces this history. It is right there for everyone to see.

If he posts "gw2 is a asian grinder!!11"  25 times exclusivly in a gw2 forum on a new account then what do you think he is doing ? 

Not everything has to be all happy and positive of course but a troll = a troll and should be allowed to be pointed out and what better way to point it out then to view and point at their own public record on the matter?!

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by bcbully

Fallacy of origin.

Not at all. A poster's post history was called into question in order to diminish the value of their point-of-view. There's no fallacy here at all.

Originally posted by bcbully

Fallacy of origin.

Not at all. A poster's post history was called into question in order to diminish the value of their point-of-view. There's no fallacy here at all.

If it is his own posting history that has this effect then that all by itself says enough.

This discussion has been closed.