Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Arenanet really needs to stop thinking they the law

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892
    Originally posted by aligada87

Moderator Notes:

Hi,
    Posts/threads of this nature are against our forum Code of Conduct. Please refrain from making threads of this type in the future.
    Thank you for your understanding.

If you believe you have received this infraction in error or wish to make an appeal, please send an e-mail to [email protected].

so basically i can't even ask a simple question now towards the dev without violating code of conduct?

Was it a violation of the forum ruies? If not then they gave you a way to get that overturned.

If it was then "you violated the forum rules". Don't do that and "you'll be good."

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • miguksarammiguksaram Member UncommonPosts: 835
    Originally posted by RefMinor
    Originally posted by BTrayaL

In regard to the thread title, well.... they ARE the law, in their game.

The thread was not entirely malicious, but if you do know that this problem was debated in another thread, why did you start your own? I hate users that create threads just because they can.

You could have just reported the bug, right?

sometimes if you want to get heard you have to directly do something that will be noticable. reason why i created this thread and it was directly a question towards john peters. it's not a matter of you can or not. that is how life is dude. if you ever want to be heard you don't sit behind someone else to talk for you. that is why they have debates in countries :)

I meant why did you start another thread and not debate the problem in the existing one? Was that not the most logical choice?

Do we really need to start each of us a thread about the same problem/question? Can't we all join in on a single thread and discuss it there, like we do here?

P.S. Aww, I see, you're one of the guys that adresses the devs directly, and demands a reply, because they have nothing to do but watch the forums for that special user. Get over it, and use existing threads!

because it's simple the question wasn't being asked here is one of my proof. chrome://newtabhttps//forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/necromancer/Necromancer-minions/first#post372977 read how little it was discussed. and also see how  little it was talked about. that is why i went for a more direct approach but apparently you cant do that with anet because it violates code of conduct. listen i don't know where you're from but here in united states we have rights lol. guess just not used to it with anet limiting me on that. sorry if i sound piss just anet pissed me off.

Lol, I love these free speech dudes, so naive, try going to your local mall and preaching your topic of the day, see how your free speech works for you there.

Free speech is a good thing, it allows you to say things in public places without fear of arrest, however it does not give you the right to come into my house and say what you like, I can throw you out for the slightest of reasons. Simply, you went into ANets house and didn't respect their rules.

next time they should put it under code of conduct not to ask questions directly towards their dev because we simply don't like it. cause i did not see anything in their code of conduct that was similar to that lol. oh and i read all the code of conducts of mmos i play. also you can't make that analogy about that situation because i bought the game. thats like saying you bought a property and they still have a say in it and you cant practice your right. lol you just made me rofl with this comment

I don't normally involve myself in these type of threads because the concerned party has already made up their mind about the topic at hand but your last comment "moved" me to point out something you might not be aware of.  You can in fact own property and yet are VERY limited in what you can or cannot do with it.  In fact this is the NORM with all property you buy in the U.S.A.  Ultimately the State or in some cases (usually condo's or various gated communities) other parties you "purchase"  from will require you to ask permission if you want to do something to it or at the very least require you to get an exception to policy to proceed PRIOR to doing said action.  If you should move forward without getting permission you are at the whim of the "true" owner of the property.  Just in case you weren't aware this is how ALL MMORPG's operate today, like it not.

• XtenXten Member Posts: 119

Forum Moderator

This is an automated message. Your post in @ john peters was infracted.

Your original post in @ john peters:

I know there was just a post just made about this matter, but when are we necromancers actually going to start seeing the fix in the ai system of our minions. or do you guys have even any plans of fixing the ai of minions at all?

Moderator Notes:

Hi,
    Posts/threads of this nature are against our forum Code of Conduct. Please refrain from making threads of this type in the future.

• The message was deleted.
    • The topic was moved.

If you believe you have received this infraction in error or wish to make an appeal, please send an e-mail to [email protected].

so basically i can't even ask a simple question now towards the dev without violating code of conduct? i mean i didn't even ask in a vulgar way. a simple yes or no would've been fine or a simple reply from john saying we have plans in the future blablabla. but to even say i violated code of conduct over 1 simple question? arena net are some corrupted mofos

The answer is in the post for which it got deleted in the first place. Happens all the time. you see topics on the first page about still make your own thread. chances are it will be removed.

But i do think they are being a bit to strict with their moderation over there. I have gotten infractions points for things like being too sarcastic in a post for instance but in no way did i attack anyone or anything and the sarcasm could be taken with a grain of salt since that is often hard to discern in text.

I had more of those mssg's that made go ????? and i still have no clue what i did wrong in those posts. some i agree with and i did wrong sure but they do have some strange reasons to infract you over there.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

People wanted A.Net to have their own forums and complained that they didn't. NOW that they have their own forum, people are complaining. It is their forum, their rules - period. If they are harsh on everyone equally, then it is not a problem - it is how they are running their forums.

I have been a forum mod and it is tough and thankless job.

• XtenXten Member Posts: 119
    Originally posted by botrytis

People wanted A.Net to have their own forums and complained that they didn't. NOW that they have their own forum, people are complaining. It is their forum, their rules - period. If they are harsh on everyone equally, then it is not a problem - it is how they are running their forums.

I have been a forum mod and it is tough and thankless job.

As far as i have been able to tell they are being as strict with everyone so far. They do not delete topics just becasue they do not like them , in fact they let them run but duplicates especially on the more vocal (shouty) topics are being closed down and merged ,logical, cant blame them really.

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136

The thread was not entirely malicious, but if you do know that this problem was debated in another thread, why did you start your own? I hate users that create threads just because they can.

sometimes if you want to get heard you have to directly do something that will be noticable. reason why i created this thread and it was directly a question towards john peters. it's not a matter of you can or not. that is how life is dude. if you ever want to be heard you don't sit behind someone else to talk for you. that is why they have debates in countries :)

I meant why did you start another thread and not debate the problem in the existing one? Was that not the most logical choice?

Do we really need to start each of us a thread about the same problem/question? Can't we all join in on a single thread and discuss it there, like we do here?

P.S. Aww, I see, you're one of the guys that adresses the devs directly, and demands a reply, because they have nothing to do but watch the forums for that special user. Get over it, and use existing threads!

because it's simple the question wasn't being asked here is one of my proof. chrome://newtabhttps//forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/necromancer/Necromancer-minions/first#post372977 read how little it was discussed. and also see how  little it was talked about. that is why i went for a more direct approach but apparently you cant do that with anet because it violates code of conduct. listen i don't know where you're from but here in united states we have rights lol. guess just not used to it with anet limiting me on that. sorry if i sound piss just anet pissed me off.

Yes we have rights in the United States, unfortunately you do not know them at all. You might want to look up those rights so you can discuss them like an educated adult. There is nothing more pathetic than a person talking about their rights as an American when they have not actually learned what those rights are and where they apply. Free speech being the right you seem to be talking about is not promised to you on website that is privately owned. Please learn your rights.

Originally posted by RefMinor

Lol, I love these free speech dudes, so naive, try going to your local mall and preaching your topic of the day, see how your free speech works for you there.

Free speech is a good thing, it allows you to say things in public places without fear of arrest, however it does not give you the right to come into my house and say what you like, I can throw you out for the slightest of reasons. Simply, you went into ANets house and didn't respect their rules.

next time they should put it under code of conduct not to ask questions directly towards their dev because we simply don't like it. cause i did not see anything in their code of conduct that was similar to that lol. oh and i read all the code of conducts of mmos i play. also you can't make that analogy about that situation because i bought the game. thats like saying you bought a property and they still have a say in it and you cant practice your right. lol you just made me rofl with this comment

You might read the code of conduct for every game you play but after reading your posts its understanding what you read that seems to give you a hard time. Its not too late to educate yourself and stop looking foolish.

Originally posted by evolver1972
    Originally posted by Scalpless

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/rules

• Do not engage in staff call-outs. Using the words “ArenaNet” or any staff member’s name will not expedite the answer to your query.

so where does it say the infraction part if you decide to do so? i mean to recieve that type of punishment over my first offence lol. you just proved my point ty

"Forum moderators have full discretion to address any behavior that they feel is inappropriate. Your membership and participation in these forums is a privilege and not a right. ArenaNet reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access to these forums and/or to the game itself at any time for reasons that include, but are not necessarily limited to, your failure to abide by this Code of Conduct."

A few paragraphs above his quote.  It's all there if you take the time to read it.

you just proved my point that they think they are the law. they will practice their power whenever they feel like. and if someone speaks up dun dun dun banned. look at the title of the thread :) aka anets are mofos

You are amazingly obtuse. Your ability to not understand anything is stunning. This entire thread has been truly enlightening.

• Do not engage in staff call-outs. Using the words “ArenaNet” or any staff member’s name will not expedite the answer to your query.

so where does it say the infraction part if you decide to do so? i mean to recieve that type of punishment over my first offence lol. you just proved my point ty

"Forum moderators have full discretion to address any behavior that they feel is inappropriate. Your membership and participation in these forums is a privilege and not a right. ArenaNet reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access to these forums and/or to the game itself at any time for reasons that include, but are not necessarily limited to, your failure to abide by this Code of Conduct."

A few paragraphs above his quote.  It's all there if you take the time to read it.

you just proved my point that they think they are the law. they will practice their power whenever they feel like. and if someone speaks up dun dun dun banned. look at the title of the thread :) aka anets are mofos

They are the law in THEIR FORUMS!  What is so hard to understand about that?

Also, the issue you have with the minions is already listed in the necro thread.  So much for the banned for speaking up thing.

Besides, were you banned?  According to your OP here, you were just moderated.

meh i uninstalled the game just now anyways. got nothing to do at lvl 80. just going back to eve and scam people and blow ships up. best part is people can't hide from anyone there because ccp is greatest company ever. anet should take lessons from ccp

You scam people in Eve? I find that hard to believe. Scamming takes intelligence.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    The questions was already covered. . you wanted more exposure and to make sure you were heard.  Next time instead of creating a new thread in a forum on an already existing topic to a specific person. . try a PM or email.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

Originally posted by Wizardry

If youi have a pile of protesters,do you then say well,that guy over there is already protesting and has a sign,the rest of you should go home?Also if a protest is taking place,this does not mean nobody else is allowed to start up a protest.Sure there is a big difference,the forum is not a public place,it is a private place.However when you try to take away rights just becuase you have your own personal agenda to HIDE,it is not one that should be accepted.

I wonder has Anet responded in the original thread?I bet they have not,as often  people who make mistakes do NOT stand up and account for themeselves MUCh easier to HIDE the truth.

What makes this even worse is the fact you are not just protesting ,you are protesting agaisnt something you PAID for and expected a  satisfactory product.

My opinion is that if a developer is AFRAID to admit fault or afraid to have their mistakes go public,they are not worth supporting.Imagine how many OTHER problems have been hidden from the paying customers?It  is VERY easy to have a problem hidden in a forum because after a few days that thread gets dissolved by all the other threads and nobody will see it.

Get a refund on your CC on basis of an unsatisfacxtory product and send them an email telling them how you feel about the way they treat PAYING customers.

Here is an idea for you, go to GW2 forums and actually see if they answer. Instead you made a post full of false statements and guesses that are wrong. I know a bit of research is asking too much of the average forum person but if you did then you might actually know something about the subject at hand instead of making comments like yours.

Who is taking away rights? Are you another one who slept through that day in history class?

• eggy08eggy08 Member Posts: 525

Forum Moderator

I know there was just a post just made about this matter, but when are we necromancers actually going to start seeing the fix in the ai system of our minions. or do you guys have even any plans of fixing the ai of minions at all?

Moderator Notes:

Hi,

• The topic was moved.

so basically i can't even ask a simple question now towards the dev without violating code of conduct? i mean i didn't even ask in a vulgar way. a simple yes or no would've been fine or a simple reply from john saying we have plans in the future blablabla. but to even say i violated code of conduct over 1 simple question? arena net are some corrupted mofos

So... you made a completely new thread to be heard? You do realize they lock threads in this forum for the exact same reason right? Yet you continue to use these forums without calling them out on it.

Also your question is vague, your tone could use some work (when are we necromancers ACTUALLY..) honestly I'd just ignore your thread with that wording if I were the devs it's no wonder it got deleted. The whole post was by far the most condescending piece of crap I've ever read. If you want answers, get off your high horse and talk to people with some respect. Love to see you walk up to your boss and go: "When am I actually going to get a promotion, or do you even have plans to even give me it at all?" Probably won't have a job for much longer.

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

A bit off topic... but anyone else heard Judge Dredd in their minds when reading the title?.. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itmNiTwHOsM#t=0m20s

:)

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707
    But they are within their game.
  • just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

+1

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    the above
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630

I just have to say, "the law" LOL!

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,373
    Originally posted by L0C0Man

A bit off topic... but anyone else heard Judge Dredd in their minds when reading the title?.. :)

Absolutely...... "I am the law!" 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Kyleran

"I am the lawgivah!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHNdcjglhsc

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650

Forum Moderator

Moderator Notes:

Hi,

• The topic was moved.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/necromancer/Necromancers-feel-useless-in-WVW

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/necromancer/Necromancer-bugs-compilation-NB62-NT15-NP7

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/necromancer/Minion-AI-is-extremely-bad

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/necromancer/Necromancer-minions

Maybe they deleted yours because within 20 seconds of looking at the Necromancer forum, they had seen that there were enough threads on this topic. If you want to express your feelings, do it in one of the ALREADY created discusions. Seriously I don't understand why people feel the need to create a new topic for each thought they have. 

It's not a matter of asking devs a question, it's a matter of not even TRYING to look for an answer, that has already been given.

I have a level 70 Necro, I know what it's like, I watch the official forum for bugs and stuffs. Doesn't mean I go and create a topic for each question or bug.

Plus they've already done work on the minion AI, it's much better then it was at launch, still wierd with certain weapons, someitmes they won't attack, but it's far better than launch.

If they didn't lock down repeat threads, they'd have a zillion one post threads. MMORPG closes down multiple threads that talk about the same thing. Does that mean the mods here are corrupt mofos?

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650
    Originally posted by bcbully

"I am the lawgivah!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHNdcjglhsc

That, is pure win.

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

"Drokk it!"

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

The mods are on a tear blocking/locking and deleting forum threads over in the game GW2 discussion forums.

I got infracted for posting to a person that thier post would get deleted/infracted (thier post was on bots when 2 or 3 had just been closed/locked/deleted). Sad really.

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

What he proved is you were LYING and did not indeed read the code of conduct, or if you did you were unable to understand what it ment.

You seem to want attention so here have a cookie. Word of advice Arenet really has more important things to do then stop everything to answer your questions personally .  Tough luck the world doesn't actually revolve around you, get over it.

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

Forum Moderator

Moderator Notes:

Hi,

• The topic was moved.

How about they did it because you failed to follow the rules:

• Read the forum before asking a question. There’s a good chance your question has already been answered.
    • Use the search function before posting. This will focus the discussion and facilitate a response.
    • Avoid frivolous and duplicate postings.

In short, there was a whole lot wrong in your little "i'm a special snowflake, appease me" post.

And yet you rage at the devs and rage at the people who point out you failed to obey multiple rules.  

This discussion has been closed.