Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Arenanet really needs to stop thinking they the law

Comments

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118
    Originally posted by aligada87
    Originally posted by Scalpless

next time they should put it under code of conduct not to ask questions directly towards their dev because we simply don't like it. cause i did not see anything in their code of conduct that was similar to that lol. oh and i read all the code of conducts of mmos i play. also you can't make that analogy about that situation because i bought the game. thats like saying you bought a property and they still have a say in it and you cant practice your right. lol you just made me rofl with this comment

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/rules

<div rules"="">
    • Do not engage in staff call-outs. Using the words “ArenaNet” or any staff member’s name will not expedite the answer to your query.

so where does it say the infraction part if you decide to do so? i mean to recieve that type of punishment over my first offence lol. you just proved my point ty

"Forum moderators have full discretion to address any behavior that they feel is inappropriate. Your membership and participation in these forums is a privilege and not a right. ArenaNet reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access to these forums and/or to the game itself at any time for reasons that include, but are not necessarily limited to, your failure to abide by this Code of Conduct."

A few paragraphs above his quote.  It's all there if you take the time to read it.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• aligada87aligada87 Member UncommonPosts: 234
    Originally posted by evolver1972
    Originally posted by tawess

aligada87.. most games have a rule against "calling out" a dev for an answer... I am pretty sure they are aware of the issue and will give an answer as soon as they can.

So in essence you broke three rules

1: You called out a dev

2: You made a new thread about a pinned topic

3:  You topic did not contribute to the issue at hand. Rather it just restated that it was an issue, something that was very clear as it where.

You misstake is to think that YOU would get an answer just because you asked, and that ANet simply forgot to tell everybody or did not understand that the HAD to answer the question that they did not have an answer to. That being said i agree the wording is a bit harsh.

Enjoy your infraction with the warm glow of knowledge well earned.

so my question is. why was the other post deleted? answer that

Maybe because there is already a thread about that?

In fact, there is a sticky on the forums about all necro bugs, including minions here.

So, really, it seems you're just angry that you broke the rules on their forums and they busted you for it.

lol once again you don't see my point to this whole arguement and why the title is called what it is. you sir are a fanboy of gw2 or work for them lol

Right, I'm a fanboy because I point out the flaws in your arguments.

And, yes, Anet thinks they are the law in their forums and their games.  It's theirs, they are the law.  Don't like it?  Don't play.

lol i bet you have like 5 lvl 80s huh and like maxed crafting on all :)

next time they should put it under code of conduct not to ask questions directly towards their dev because we simply don't like it. cause i did not see anything in their code of conduct that was similar to that lol. oh and i read all the code of conducts of mmos i play. also you can't make that analogy about that situation because i bought the game. thats like saying you bought a property and they still have a say in it and you cant practice your right. lol you just made me rofl with this comment

<div rules"="">
    • Do not engage in staff call-outs. Using the words “ArenaNet” or any staff member’s name will not expedite the answer to your query.

so where does it say the infraction part if you decide to do so? i mean to recieve that type of punishment over my first offence lol. you just proved my point ty

"Forum moderators have full discretion to address any behavior that they feel is inappropriate. Your membership and participation in these forums is a privilege and not a right. ArenaNet reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access to these forums and/or to the game itself at any time for reasons that include, but are not necessarily limited to, your failure to abide by this Code of Conduct."

A few paragraphs above his quote.  It's all there if you take the time to read it.

you just proved my point that they think they are the law. they will practice their power whenever they feel like. and if someone speaks up dun dun dun banned. look at the title of the thread :) aka anets are mofos

• BlessingsBlessings Member Posts: 66

I feel my brain cells dying just for actually clicking on this crap. I normally don't comment on garbage like this, but this was extra special garbage, the kind you find sitting on the side of the road, that's been rotting for a few days under 100 degree weather.

Get over it. Buy a box of Kleenex's, a gallon of Chunky Monkey, and go stare at your account status screen until you pass out from exhaustion.

Originally posted by tawess

aligada87.. most games have a rule against "calling out" a dev for an answer... I am pretty sure they are aware of the issue and will give an answer as soon as they can.

So in essence you broke three rules

1: You called out a dev

2: You made a new thread about a pinned topic

3:  You topic did not contribute to the issue at hand. Rather it just restated that it was an issue, something that was very clear as it where.

You misstake is to think that YOU would get an answer just because you asked, and that ANet simply forgot to tell everybody or did not understand that the HAD to answer the question that they did not have an answer to. That being said i agree the wording is a bit harsh.

Enjoy your infraction with the warm glow of knowledge well earned.

so my question is. why was the other post deleted? answer that

Maybe because there is already a thread about that?

In fact, there is a sticky on the forums about all necro bugs, including minions here.

So, really, it seems you're just angry that you broke the rules on their forums and they busted you for it.

lol once again you don't see my point to this whole arguement and why the title is called what it is. you sir are a fanboy of gw2 or work for them lol

Right, I'm a fanboy because I point out the flaws in your arguments.

And, yes, Anet thinks they are the law in their forums and their games.  It's theirs, they are the law.  Don't like it?  Don't play.

lol i bet you have like 5 lvl 80s huh and like maxed crafting on all :)

Umm...not that it has any bearing whatsoever:

1 lvl 56 Norn Necro, 40% map completion, Tailor level 100, Artificer level 74.

1 lvl 4 Asura Warrior, 3% map completion, no crafting.

But, hey, why not just change subjects when losing an argument.

• NeferaNefera Member Posts: 426
    In their forums, ArenaNet IS the law. I see nothing wrong with that. Don't like it? Don't use the forums.

<div rules"="">

you just proved my point that they think they are the law. they will practice their power whenever they feel like. and if someone speaks up dun dun dun banned. look at the title of the thread :) aka anets are mofos

They are the law in THEIR FORUMS!  What is so hard to understand about that?

Also, the issue you have with the minions is already listed in the necro thread.  So much for the banned for speaking up thing.

Besides, were you banned?  According to your OP here, you were just moderated.

Originally posted by Blessings

I feel my brain cells dying just for actually clicking on this crap. I normally don't comment on garbage like this, but this was extra special garbage, the kind you find sitting on the side of the road, that's been rotting for a few days under 100 degree weather.

Get over it. Buy a box of Kleenex's, a gallon of Chunky Monkey, and go stare at your account status screen until you pass out from exhaustion.

lol well for you to take your time and read all 1-6 pages and reply with just an insult means you really have lots of time on your hands lol. the idea of you even commenting on the subject means you got interested because you decided to read the whole 1-6 pages. and even if you didn't read it all you still took your time to reply which sir is good garbage lol

• TheIronLegionTheIronLegion Member Posts: 269
    Originally posted by observer
    I've had several topics and posts deleted too.  The mods over there are over-zealous, compared to these forums and others.  So i understand where the OP is coming from.

Not necessarily. It is their forum and as such they more stringient rules than an open forum like this one. On this forum several games are discussed across a few different genres and sub-genres and a small force of mods moderate them all. They have to use a fairly loose(and strict on certain subjects) set of rules to help keep their boards clean. Arenanet has every right to remove a thread that negatively adresses someone within the company or the company itself. It's like if someone goes into Walmart or Best Buy and starts shouting non-sense about the company or even spouting internal secrets they can easily ask you to leave or have you removed. It is their place of business. While the forums aren't a tangible space they are part of arenanet's place of business as well as their game.

Originally posted by TheIronLegion
    Originally posted by observer
    I've had several topics and posts deleted too.  The mods over there are over-zealous, compared to these forums and others.  So i understand where the OP is coming from.

Not necessarily. It is their forum and as such they more stringient rules than an open forum like this one. On this forum several games are discussed across a few different genres and sub-genres and a small force of mods moderate them all. They have to use a fairly loose(and strict on certain subjects) set of rules to help keep their boards clean. Arenanet has every right to remove a thread that negatively adresses someone within the company or the company itself. It's like if someone goes into Walmart or Best Buy and starts shouting non-sense about the company or even spouting internal secrets they can easily ask you to leave or have you removed. It is their place of business. While the forums aren't a tangible space they are part of arenanet's place of business as well as their game.

but mine was asked as a question because they haven't answerd the issue not from these past 4 patches they had. i wasnt insulting anyone. i was asking a straight up question. where there is 3 answers you can give. a yes b. no and c. i dont give a fuck. but they gave me that infraction shit lol. . 

<div rules"="">

They are the law in THEIR FORUMS!  What is so hard to understand about that?

Also, the issue you have with the minions is already listed in the necro thread.  So much for the banned for speaking up thing.

Besides, were you banned?  According to your OP here, you were just moderated.

meh i uninstalled the game just now anyways. got nothing to do at lvl 80. just going back to eve and scam people and blow ships up. best part is people can't hide from anyone there because ccp is greatest company ever. anet should take lessons from ccp

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793
    It's just part of the necro cover up conspiracy theory. But seriously, you want to talk about screwed up AI, just watch a Flesh Golem for 5 minutes. It's pretty hilarious once you get over the disappointment part of it...

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155

<div rules"="">

so where does it say the infraction part if you decide to do so? 

"You agree that ArenaNet may take whatever steps it deems necessary to maintain a suitable forum environment at its sole discretion and without notice to you."

Really, it's common sense. If you break their code of conduct, they mod you.

That's a bullshit line you are quoting and it probably invalidates the whole "agreement" because there is no chance in hell that Arenanet could charge you 2000 dollars without notifying the user just because Arenanet deems it to be necessary to maintain a suitable forum environment. 

Isn't there a law against attempting to create contracts that break the law?

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

I know there was just a post just made about this matter, but when are we necromancers actually going to start seeing the fix in the ai system of our minions. or do you guys have even any plans of fixing the ai of minions at all?

That is pretty much asking for trouble right off the bat. If there's already a discussion on it, then post in that thread, end of story. No need to start calling people names. It's common sense really.

imageimage
  • Redhawk2006Redhawk2006 Member Posts: 105

The whole "there is already a thread on this" has always been a way for moderators to censor uncomfortable subjects. At best it amounts to forcing everyone to discuss the issue in a topic that is buried hundreds of pages back and will never be seen by anyone. If there is another running discussion on the issue tthey should close the thread and provide a link to that thread, not delete the thread. Somehow I doubt  if he was singing Anet's praises and gloating over how  the Precious was the most amazing thing to ever exist they wouldn't have told him to take his fawning to an existing thread.

"Use the search function" is also a good one for anyone who has ever tried to actually use the search function on a web site. The odds that you will get anything less than  5000 entries that have nothing to do with the search terms are nil. Okay, someone will now run off to Anet forums to prove me wrong using search terms that match an existing thread identically. The point is your ability to find relevant info is only as good as your search terms and the site's search function, and most of the time, using the search function on a web site is useless. I use Google to search for stuff here, for example, and even then it's hit or miss.

I find snotty, obsequious fanboi defenses of game companies and their self-serving, authoritarian approaches to dealing with their customers revolting. The fact so many defend every bogus thing these companies do is the reason the industry is so broken and dysfunctional. No one holds their feet over the fire for their failures and stupidity.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,373
    Originally posted by JoeyMMO

I know there was just a post just made about this matter, but when are we necromancers actually going to start seeing the fix in the ai system of our minions. or do you guys have even any plans of fixing the ai of minions at all?

That is pretty much asking for trouble right off the bat. If there's already a discussion on it, then post in that thread, end of story. No need to start calling people names. It's common sense really.

Yeah, as I see it, OP shot himself in the foot with that opening, odds are the moderator just took him at his word and decided to lock/delete the thread and issue the warning.  (they don't always put a lot of thought into these things, after all, they've got hundreds of tickets to go through)

And the OP forgets, company forums, company rules, they are in fact, "the law", so what they say goes.  You the consumer are free to cancel your sub and move on. Oh wait, you don't even have that little bit of consumer power, they already got all the money from you up front. 

People running Perfect World must be slapping themselves in the heads, thinking ANET's scheme is pure genius, convince western players to play a F2P/cash shop game by charging them an up front cost first and call it B2P, brilliant.   But I digress.

OP accused others in EVE of being naive and falling for scams, but did he really expect a direct answer to a question about bug fixing in a company game forum? Has anyone ever seen this in a major companies game?  Only in a few rare instances, generally Dev replies are aimed at a broad audiance and more of an annoucement about a specific issue, but not a reply to a specific poster/question.

I'm quite sure they are aware of Necromancer pet pathing issues, and I'm equally sure that's a bit further down the list compared to some of the other issues they are facing.  Will they get around to fixing it one day, probably.  Will they ever tell you in advance, maybe not.

If anyones really that upset, consider rolling a different class and set your necromancer aside for now, after all, you aren't paying a sub, you can always return once they get the issue resolved.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ThebigbopperThebigbopper Member Posts: 114
     This sounds like a dead issue to me.
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

Forum Moderator

This is an automated message. Your post in @ john peters was infracted.

Your original post in @ john peters:

Moderator Notes:

Hi,
    Posts/threads of this nature are against our forum Code of Conduct. Please refrain from making threads of this type in the future.
    Thank you for your understanding.

• The message was deleted.
    • The topic was moved.

If you believe you have received this infraction in error or wish to make an appeal, please send an e-mail to [email protected].

so basically i can't even ask a simple question now towards the dev without violating code of conduct? i mean i didn't even ask in a vulgar way. a simple yes or no would've been fine or a simple reply from john saying we have plans in the future blablabla. but to even say i violated code of conduct over 1 simple question? arena net are some corrupted mofos

their game, their forum, their rights. live with is.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    Originally posted by Redhawk2006

The whole "there is already a thread on this" has always been a way for moderators to censor uncomfortable subjects. At best it amounts to forcing everyone to discuss the issue in a topic that is buried hundreds of pages back and will never be seen by anyone.

Like the stickied thread on top of the necro forum?

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

If youi have a pile of protesters,do you then say well,that guy over there is already protesting and has a sign,the rest of you should go home?Also if a protest is taking place,this does not mean nobody else is allowed to start up a protest.Sure there is a big difference,the forum is not a public place,it is a private place.However when you try to take away rights just becuase you have your own personal agenda to HIDE,it is not one that should be accepted.

I wonder has Anet responded in the original thread?I bet they have not,as often  people who make mistakes do NOT stand up and account for themeselves MUCh easier to HIDE the truth.

What makes this even worse is the fact you are not just protesting ,you are protesting agaisnt something you PAID for and expected a  satisfactory product.

My opinion is that if a developer is AFRAID to admit fault or afraid to have their mistakes go public,they are not worth supporting.Imagine how many OTHER problems have been hidden from the paying customers?It  is VERY easy to have a problem hidden in a forum because after a few days that thread gets dissolved by all the other threads and nobody will see it.

Get a refund on your CC on basis of an unsatisfacxtory product and send them an email telling them how you feel about the way they treat PAYING customers.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    Originally posted by Wizardry

I wonder has Anet responded in the original thread?I bet they have not,as often  people who make mistakes do NOT stand up and account for themeselves MUCh easier to HIDE the truth.

This is the original thread:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/necromancer/Necromancer-bugs-compilation-NB64-NT15-NP6

This is how Jon Peters responded to it:

"This is a phenomenal thread. There are so many moving pieces in this game that this is a great way for you help us track issues. I will sticky this thread and get working on fixes for these right away. It might be a week or so before you see these changes in game. I would encourage other profession forums to do the same thing so that we can iron out all of the kinks in skills & traits so that we can more easily figure out which aspects require balance updates and which are just a matter of bugs.

Thanks,

Jon"

It's in red. On top of their forum. Stickied. If this is how they hide threads, they must suck at it. This freedom of speech BS is so old and pops on every forum, usually when TC has blatantly violated that forum's Code of Conduct (in this case, twice in the same topic) and comes to another forum to whine about it. Necromancer is a class full of bugs. ANet knows it. Their forum shows it. There's a lot of good topics there, discussing how the class is broken and what should be done.
  • RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607
    Originally posted by BTrayaL
    Originally posted by BTrayaL

In regard to the thread title, well.... they ARE the law, in their game.

The thread was not entirely malicious, but if you do know that this problem was debated in another thread, why did you start your own? I hate users that create threads just because they can.

You could have just reported the bug, right?

sometimes if you want to get heard you have to directly do something that will be noticable. reason why i created this thread and it was directly a question towards john peters. it's not a matter of you can or not. that is how life is dude. if you ever want to be heard you don't sit behind someone else to talk for you. that is why they have debates in countries :)

I meant why did you start another thread and not debate the problem in the existing one? Was that not the most logical choice?

Do we really need to start each of us a thread about the same problem/question? Can't we all join in on a single thread and discuss it there, like we do here?

P.S. Aww, I see, you're one of the guys that adresses the devs directly, and demands a reply, because they have nothing to do but watch the forums for that special user. Get over it, and use existing threads!

This.

It's their game.  Their forums.  They are the law.

Normally, Anet would have removed the thread or just copied it to the original.  But in the OP's post, the OP openly admitted to starting a new thread despite the fact that a thread had already been created on the subject.  That in itself violates the CoC.

In the OP's comments here, they noted that they made their post with the idea of nagging Anet until they provide an answer that he/she would accept.  Hopefully they understand that badgering others is also against the CoC.

• teotiusteotius Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Anet is not the law? Who then? Your neighbour billy?
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,373
    Originally posted by Wizardry

This is the original thread:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/necromancer/Necromancer-bugs-compilation-NB64-NT15-NP6

This is how Jon Peters responded to it:

"This is a phenomenal thread. There are so many moving pieces in this game that this is a great way for you help us track issues. I will sticky this thread and get working on fixes for these right away. It might be a week or so before you see these changes in game. I would encourage other profession forums to do the same thing so that we can iron out all of the kinks in skills & traits so that we can more easily figure out which aspects require balance updates and which are just a matter of bugs.

Thanks,

Jon"

It's in red. On top of their forum. Stickied. If this is how they hide threads, they must suck at it. This freedom of speech BS is so old and pops on every forum, usually when TC has blatantly violated that forum's Code of Conduct (in this case, twice in the same topic) and comes to another forum to whine about it. Necromancer is a class full of bugs. ANet knows it. Their forum shows it. There's a lot of good topics there, discussing how the class is broken and what should be done.

Priceless, thanks for posting this.  /end thread. image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ZecktorinZecktorin Member Posts: 231

Enjoy

This discussion has been closed.