Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Arenanet really needs to stop thinking they the law

Comments

• aligada87aligada87 Member UncommonPosts: 234
    Originally posted by evolver1972
    Originally posted by aligada87
    Originally posted by Purutzil

Its fine with the duplicate point but the way its defined...

Posts/threads of this nature are against our forum Code of Conduct. Please refrain from making threads of this type in the future.
    Thank you for your understanding.

That doesn't sound like its a post about something already there, but actually staying they don't accept the post he made making point about something he felt was true... which to me isn't a good sign. Its basically censorship of negative details should they actually be closing down threads making any complaints about game mechanics or things of that nature. That being said, I can't see the forum to judge if thats just a 'auto reply' deal that isn't very specific and just generally includes mentioning about being against Code of Conduct (even if its to delete duplicate topics)

THANKYOU finally someone who was intelengent enough to see that. rofl i guess some people will catch on it late

As in directed toward a specific employee of ArenaNet?  Not sure if that's kosher.

Also, that's probably a stock Autoreply, so it's just going to say that regardless of why your post was deleted.  To me, this is much ado about nothing.

i guess they have specific responses already built it to questions they don't like or if it's being asked towards them :/ 

• BoldynBoldyn Member Posts: 265

this is to break it down for your small brain since your an eve player. 

I find that extremly smart comment funny, since in almost every other whiny thread/reply you post on these forums, you make sure to let people know that you play EVE

Originally posted by Boldyn

this is to break it down for your small brain since your an eve player. 

I find that extremly smart comment funny, since in almost every other whiny thread/reply you post on these forums, you make sure to let people know that you play EVE

not everyone in eve are smart lol. thats why i have lots of isk from scamming lol

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

Posts/threads of this nature are against our forum Code of Conduct. Please refrain from making threads of this type in the future.

That doesn't sound like its a post about something already there, but actually staying they don't accept the post he made making point about something he felt was true... which to me isn't a good sign. Its basically censorship of negative details should they actually be closing down threads making any complaints about game mechanics or things of that nature. That being said, I can't see the forum to judge if thats just a 'auto reply' deal that isn't very specific and just generally includes mentioning about being against Code of Conduct (even if its to delete duplicate topics)

THANKYOU finally someone who was intelengent enough to see that. rofl i guess some people will catch on it late

As in directed toward a specific employee of ArenaNet?  Not sure if that's kosher.

Also, that's probably a stock Autoreply, so it's just going to say that regardless of why your post was deleted.  To me, this is much ado about nothing.

i guess they have specific responses already built it to questions they don't like or if it's being asked towards them :/ 

You said that your question had been asked already.  Was that other post deleted?  I have yet to see posts on their forums deleted or locked only because they don't want to have the question asked.  Your post seems to have been deleted because you directed it to a specific employee.  Or that you duplicated.  NOT because you asked a question they didn't like.

If you don't like the company, stop playing the game then.  If the customer service isn't to your liking, stop using the service and don't give them any more money.  Simple as that.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

You said that your question had been asked already.  Was that other post deleted?  I have yet to see posts on their forums deleted or locked only because they don't want to have the question asked.  Your post seems to have been deleted because you directed it to a specific employee.  Or that you duplicated.  NOT because you asked a question they didn't like.

If you don't like the company, stop playing the game then.  If the customer service isn't to your liking, stop using the service and don't give them any more money.  Simple as that.

it was also deleted. i didn't say i didn't like the game where in my comment says this lol. now you're just putting words in my mouth. i brought this up because this is how i felt. they don't like you asking questions that is directly towards them. tell me what happens when u ask in support about this issue. do you get a response? not even close lol. i can go through a whole debate with youa bout this and i have many proof because i have endless messages asking them about other issues that hasn't gotten much reply. same with other members from my guild. i have 500 members in my guild from jade quarry lol. my point is as the title says :0 

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

aligada87.. most games have a rule against "calling out" a dev for an answer... I am pretty sure they are aware of the issue and will give an answer as soon as they can.

So in essence you broke three rules

1: You called out a dev

2: You made a new thread about a pinned topic

3:  You topic did not contribute to the issue at hand. Rather it just restated that it was an issue, something that was very clear as it where.

You misstake is to think that YOU would get an answer just because you asked, and that ANet simply forgot to tell everybody or did not understand that the HAD to answer the question that they did not have an answer to. That being said i agree the wording is a bit harsh.

Enjoy your infraction with the warm glow of knowledge well earned.

This have been a good conversation

• JackFrostyJackFrosty Member Posts: 103
    This is a F2P game, you can't honestly be expecting quality service.

When I wake up, the real nightmare begins

Originally posted by JackFrosty
    This is a F2P game, you can't honestly be expecting quality service.

Someone is incredibly misinformed.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by BTrayaL

In regard to the thread title, well.... they ARE the law, in their game.

The thread was not entirely malicious, but if you do know that this problem was debated in another thread, why did you start your own? I hate users that create threads just because they can.

You could have just reported the bug, right?

sometimes if you want to get heard you have to directly do something that will be noticable. reason why i created this thread and it was directly a question towards john peters. it's not a matter of you can or not. that is how life is dude. if you ever want to be heard you don't sit behind someone else to talk for you. that is why they have debates in countries :)

I meant why did you start another thread and not debate the problem in the existing one? Was that not the most logical choice?

Do we really need to start each of us a thread about the same problem/question? Can't we all join in on a single thread and discuss it there, like we do here?

P.S. Aww, I see, you're one of the guys that adresses the devs directly, and demands a reply, because they have nothing to do but watch the forums for that special user. Get over it, and use existing threads!

because it's simple the question wasn't being asked here is one of my proof. chrome://newtabhttps//forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/necromancer/Necromancer-minions/first#post372977 read how little it was discussed. and also see how  little it was talked about. that is why i went for a more direct approach but apparently you cant do that with anet because it violates code of conduct. listen i don't know where you're from but here in united states we have rights lol. guess just not used to it with anet limiting me on that. sorry if i sound piss just anet pissed me off.

Lol, I love these free speech dudes, so naive, try going to your local mall and preaching your topic of the day, see how your free speech works for you there.

Free speech is a good thing, it allows you to say things in public places without fear of arrest, however it does not give you the right to come into my house and say what you like, I can throw you out for the slightest of reasons. Simply, you went into ANets house and didn't respect their rules.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Not particularly a fan of the game at all, but your probably right, and the OP just being a little overly sensitive about it, especially if as was indicated, this subject is already 'over threaded' on the GW2 forums. I could imagine that he might well want to highlight the AI pathing issue etc here on the forums, or perhaps discuss it with others to see if there is a workaround. Rather than Arenanet 'censoring' i think its just keeping the subject from 'fragmenting' thats the OP's real problem, unless of course, all the threads discussing the Necro AI's etc have been 'deleted'  which i find unlikely. image

Originally posted by tawess

aligada87.. most games have a rule against "calling out" a dev for an answer... I am pretty sure they are aware of the issue and will give an answer as soon as they can.

3:  You topic did not contribute to the issue at hand. Rather it just restated that it was an issue, something that was very clear as it where.

You misstake is to think that YOU would get an answer just because you asked, and that ANet simply forgot to tell everybody or did not understand that the HAD to answer the question that they did not have an answer to. That being said i agree the wording is a bit harsh.

so my question is. why was the other post deleted? answer that

• CallsignVegaCallsignVega Member UncommonPosts: 288

ANet have become a bunch of forum Nazi's. I posted that they should get their act together and fix this invisinble army player culling in WvW and they suspended my forum account.

I guess the truth hurts..

Originally posted by RefMinor

The thread was not entirely malicious, but if you do know that this problem was debated in another thread, why did you start your own? I hate users that create threads just because they can.

sometimes if you want to get heard you have to directly do something that will be noticable. reason why i created this thread and it was directly a question towards john peters. it's not a matter of you can or not. that is how life is dude. if you ever want to be heard you don't sit behind someone else to talk for you. that is why they have debates in countries :)

I meant why did you start another thread and not debate the problem in the existing one? Was that not the most logical choice?

Do we really need to start each of us a thread about the same problem/question? Can't we all join in on a single thread and discuss it there, like we do here?

P.S. Aww, I see, you're one of the guys that adresses the devs directly, and demands a reply, because they have nothing to do but watch the forums for that special user. Get over it, and use existing threads!

because it's simple the question wasn't being asked here is one of my proof. chrome://newtabhttps//forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/necromancer/Necromancer-minions/first#post372977 read how little it was discussed. and also see how  little it was talked about. that is why i went for a more direct approach but apparently you cant do that with anet because it violates code of conduct. listen i don't know where you're from but here in united states we have rights lol. guess just not used to it with anet limiting me on that. sorry if i sound piss just anet pissed me off.

Lol, I love these free speech dudes, so naive, try going to your local mall and preaching your topic of the day, see how your free speech works for you there.

Free speech is a good thing, it allows you to say things in public places without fear of arrest, however it does not give you the right to come into my house and say what you like, I can throw you out for the slightest of reasons. Simply, you went into ANets house and didn't respect their rules.

next time they should put it under code of conduct not to ask questions directly towards their dev because we simply don't like it. cause i did not see anything in their code of conduct that was similar to that lol. oh and i read all the code of conducts of mmos i play. also you can't make that analogy about that situation because i bought the game. thats like saying you bought a property and they still have a say in it and you cant practice your right. lol you just made me rofl with this comment

Originally posted by CallsignVega

ANet have become a bunch of forum Nazi's. I posted that they should get their act together and fix this invisinble army player culling in WvW and they suspended my forum account.

why did they even suspend your account for that?

Maybe because there is already a thread about that?

In fact, there is a sticky on the forums about all necro bugs, including minions here.

So, really, it seems you're just angry that you broke the rules on their forums and they busted you for it.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

my post bla bla

Well how in the flying circus would i know...
    But i will give you a few examples

A: It had derailed

B: They felt that all that could be said about the issue had been said and the thread was compiled and send to the devs for evaluation

C: It was going toward flamebait/trolling

D: ANet orderd it closed as it no longer served a purpoes (issue might be resolved in the internal testbuild)

E: They might be in the works of opening a official response

As i said i have not a flying fat f*bleeep* of an idea why it was closed but you can pick any of the above and it would most likley be correct.

This have been a good conversation

In fact, there is a sticky on the forums about all necro bugs, including minions here.

So, really, it seems you're just angry that you broke the rules on their forums and they busted you for it.

lol once again you don't see my point to this whole arguement and why the title is called what it is. you sir are a fanboy of gw2 or work for them lol

Originally posted by CallsignVega

Hopefully you did actually file a bug report on that issue, rather than just complaining about things on their forums. Your forum account getting suspended though, might be more due to your 'rhetoric' than the nature of the complaint. image

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

next time they should put it under code of conduct not to ask questions directly towards their dev because we simply don't like it. cause i did not see anything in their code of conduct that was similar to that lol. oh and i read all the code of conducts of mmos i play. also you can't make that analogy about that situation because i bought the game. thats like saying you bought a property and they still have a say in it and you cant practice your right. lol you just made me rofl with this comment

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/rules

<div rules"="">
    • Do not engage in staff call-outs. Using the words “ArenaNet” or any staff member’s name will not expedite the answer to your query.

Originally posted by RefMinor

Do not engage in staff call-outs. Using the words “ArenaNet” or any staff member’s name will not expedite the answer to your query.

You may contact staff directly at [email protected] if you wish to discuss a staff member’s decision.

Those quotes are copied directly from the Forum Code of Conduct.

Also, the EULA specifically says that the game is the property of Anet, not you.  You are basically leasing the right to use it, and said right may be revoked at any time.  Besides that, buying the game doesn't automatically give you the right to post on the forums, they are bound by other rules.

Of course, if you'd actually read the EULA and Code Of Conduct, you'd probably know that.

Originally posted by Scalpless

<div rules"="">
    • Do not engage in staff call-outs. Using the words “ArenaNet” or any staff member’s name will not expedite the answer to your query.

so where does it say the infraction part if you decide to do so? i mean to recieve that type of punishment over my first offence lol. you just proved my point ty

<div rules"="">

Rules are like furniture assembly instructions, people who don't read them tend to end up complaining about the resultsimage

lol once again you don't see my point to this whole arguement and why the title is called what it is. you sir are a fanboy of gw2 or work for them lol

Right, I'm a fanboy because I point out the flaws in your arguments.

And, yes, Anet thinks they are the law in their forums and their games.  It's theirs, they are the law.  Don't like it?  Don't play.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Zeroxin
    I've been playing the Necromancer for a days now and I do not have this minion Ai problem that people keep talking about, just a few pathing issues which happen in every game and are easily solved by getting a certain distance away from the minion and it just teleports to you.

lol then you havent been playing it long. when you're in a lvl 75-80 map with endless de happening your minions pating around is not always so good. also check them out in pvp the minions don't attack same target at all when u drect them to. they actually scatter out making them split dps which is bad for a minion master. another issue is when flesh golem stands there like a statue and some of your other minions.

like i said you probably haven't played the necromancer long enough. thus you're probably a lowbie that doesn't have access to all his minions yet aka flesh golem. there has been countless even videos posted about the ai system of minions for necros. i suggest going on youtube and watching a few

May I ask if you actually reported it ingame? /bug or ESC key > Support option?

To me it seems those options are the ones you need to use, why use the forums...unless you have made the topic in a bug related section of the forums?

Your ingame issue seems legit, just the way you go about it just doesn't seem the right way in my opinion.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

<div rules"="">

so where does it say the infraction part if you decide to do so? 

"You agree that ArenaNet may take whatever steps it deems necessary to maintain a suitable forum environment at its sole discretion and without notice to you."

Really, it's common sense. If you break their code of conduct, they mod you.

This discussion has been closed.