Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Arenanet really needs to stop thinking they the law

aligada87aligada87 Member UncommonPosts: 234

Forum Moderator

This is an automated message. Your post in @ john peters was infracted.

Your original post in @ john peters:

I know there was just a post just made about this matter, but when are we necromancers actually going to start seeing the fix in the ai system of our minions. or do you guys have even any plans of fixing the ai of minions at all?

Moderator Notes:

Hi,
Posts/threads of this nature are against our forum Code of Conduct. Please refrain from making threads of this type in the future.
Thank you for your understanding.

• The message was deleted.
  • The topic was moved.

If you believe you have received this infraction in error or wish to make an appeal, please send an e-mail to [email protected].

so basically i can't even ask a simple question now towards the dev without violating code of conduct? i mean i didn't even ask in a vulgar way. a simple yes or no would've been fine or a simple reply from john saying we have plans in the future blablabla. but to even say i violated code of conduct over 1 simple question? arena net are some corrupted mofos

Comments

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    Unfortunately, without the original post, there is no way to tell if they were justified or not. I have only your word to go upon.
  • BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624

In regard to the thread title, well.... they ARE the law, in their game.

The thread was not entirely malicious, but if you do know that this problem was debated in another thread, why did you start your own? I hate users that create threads just because they can.

You could have just reported the bug, right?

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,003
    Seems a valid question.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,003
    Oh, it was already talked about in another thred I see. Well, that's why it got deleted then.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• aligada87aligada87 Member UncommonPosts: 234
    Originally posted by Enigmatus
    Unfortunately, without the original post, there is no way to tell if they were justified or not. I have only your word to go upon.

lol u want me to show u proof? to make you eat your words on justification?

Originally posted by BTrayaL

The thread was not entirely malicious, but if you do know that this problem was debated in another thread, why did you start your own? I hate users that create threads just because they can.

sometimes if you want to get heard you have to directly do something that will be noticable. reason why i created this thread and it was directly a question towards john peters. it's not a matter of you can or not. that is how life is dude. if you ever want to be heard you don't sit behind someone else to talk for you. that is why they have debates in countries :)

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    Originally posted by aligada87
    Originally posted by Enigmatus

lol u want me to show u proof? to make you eat your words on justification?

EDIT: Oh wait, read the OP more carefully and realized the original post was there. Nevermind, my mistake.

Originally posted by emperorwings
    Oh, it was already talked about in another thred I see. Well, that's why it got deleted then.

what thread? cause all i said was a thread was posted about it and it wasn't even a direct question towards the dev. it was a question asked more for discussion. there is a diff

• JJOnewayJJOneway Member Posts: 112

I'm really not seeing the problem, the mod was simply doing his job. If there are already multiple threads (or even one, main thread) on a topic then the mods should, and do, close new threads that simply reiterate the same question/debate to keep the forums clear.

I for one wouln't want to log into the GW2 forums and see two thirds of the first page full of threads all asking the same question. I really don't see what the issue is past the fact you're not getting your question answered quickly enough (which is a whole other subject)

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624

sometimes if you want to get heard you have to directly do something that will be noticable. reason why i created this thread and it was directly a question towards john peters. it's not a matter of you can or not. that is how life is dude. if you ever want to be heard you don't sit behind someone else to talk for you. that is why they have debates in countries :)

I meant why did you start another thread and not debate the problem in the existing one? Was that not the most logical choice?

Do we really need to start each of us a thread about the same problem/question? Can't we all join in on a single thread and discuss it there, like we do here?

P.S. Aww, I see, you're one of the guys that adresses the devs directly, and demands a reply, because they have nothing to do but watch the forums for that special user. Get over it, and use existing threads!

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

If a topic was already being discussed in another thread, and you create your own, then it is against the forum code of conduct for many game companies in their forums.  When dealing with thousands of people who use the forums, it is inefficient to not have a rule against everyone starting a new thread about a topic they are passionate about if said topic already exists.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476

erm .. you know ... they ARE the law ;)

you may play THEIR game or stfu.

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

In a place like the forums, the best way to get your voice heard is to post within already existing threads if your topic is the same.  You already said your topic was already posted by someone else, so there was no point to making a new one.

The devs are much more apt to notice and address a single thread about a single issue if there are multiple posts supporting the OP.  That's why they merge threads on the same topic.  The amount of topics is already overwhelming, I'm sure.  Why should they let you add to that?

On top of that, I can't remember correctly, but is it allowed to address a specific employee of Anet on the forum?

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Hahaha.

Instead of 10+ people posting "Dude, use the search function!" in your topic, you got moderated. If anything, this indicates they're doing their job pretty damn well.

What makes me sad is that you come looking for justification on these forums about it.

[mod edit]

From what I've seen on those forums, Anet has no problem at all letting users talk about issues in the game, provided they are following the rules.

Have you looked at the forums lately and seen all the issues people are posting about?

[mod edit]

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515
    I've been playing the Necromancer for a days now and I do not have this minion Ai problem that people keep talking about, just a few pathing issues which happen in every game and are easily solved by getting a certain distance away from the minion and it just teleports to you.

This is not a game.

Originally posted by JJOneway

I'm really not seeing the problem, the mod was simply doing his job. If there are already multiple threads (or even one, main thread) on a topic then the mods should, and do, close new threads that simply reiterate the same question/debate to keep the forums clear.

I for one wouln't want to log into the GW2 forums and see two thirds of the first page full of threads all asking the same question. I really don't see what the issue is past the fact you're not getting your question answered quickly enough (which is a whole other subject)

if you don't see the problem then you sir need to read more. 1 rules of conduct was already violated over something petty like this. 2 i cannot ask a question directly towards the dev in the forums because it breaks rules of conduct again. 3 no 1 asked the question directly towards him except me. all the questions that was mostly asked wasn't towards but asked in a manner of a topic discussion. no actual answer was even given. i mean seriously how hard is it to even reply yes or no, or we have plans fixing this ai issue after we fix the many endless bugs they have for necros? all i was looking for was a simple answer not a oh you broke the rule of conduct. other words you cant ask them anything they dont like, and if they do you will most likley get banned. thus why i brought it up here

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    I've had several topics and posts deleted too.  The mods over there are over-zealous, compared to these forums and others.  So i understand where the OP is coming from.

I meant why did you start another thread and not debate the problem in the existing one? Was that not the most logical choice?

Do we really need to start each of us a thread about the same problem/question? Can't we all join in on a single thread and discuss it there, like we do here?

P.S. Aww, I see, you're one of the guys that adresses the devs directly, and demands a reply, because they have nothing to do but watch the forums for that special user. Get over it, and use existing threads!

because it's simple the question wasn't being asked here is one of my proof. chrome://newtabhttps//forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/necromancer/Necromancer-minions/first#post372977 read how little it was discussed. and also see how  little it was talked about. that is why i went for a more direct approach but apparently you cant do that with anet because it violates code of conduct. listen i don't know where you're from but here in united states we have rights lol. guess just not used to it with anet limiting me on that. sorry if i sound piss just anet pissed me off.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Its fine with the duplicate point but the way its defined...

Posts/threads of this nature are against our forum Code of Conduct. Please refrain from making threads of this type in the future.

That doesn't sound like its a post about something already there, but actually staying they don't accept the post he made making point about something he felt was true... which to me isn't a good sign. Its basically censorship of negative details should they actually be closing down threads making any complaints about game mechanics or things of that nature. That being said, I can't see the forum to judge if thats just a 'auto reply' deal that isn't very specific and just generally includes mentioning about being against Code of Conduct (even if its to delete duplicate topics)

• lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476
    [mod edit]

because it's simple the question wasn't being asked here is one of my proof. chrome://newtabhttps//forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/necromancer/Necromancer-minions/first#post372977 read how little it was discussed. and also see how  little it was talked about. that is why i went for a more direct approach but apparently you cant do that with anet because it violates code of conduct. listen i don't know where you're from but here in united states we have rights lol. guess just not used to it with anet limiting me on that. sorry if i sound piss just anet pissed me off.

You said in the post to Jon Peters that there was just a post made about it, so the question had been asked apparently.

Also, I'm American and I have never seen anything that says you have the right to say whatever you want on Anet's forums and not have to bother with their rules.  The Constitution only applies to the government, not businesses and their forums.

Originally posted by Zeroxin
    I've been playing the Necromancer for a days now and I do not have this minion Ai problem that people keep talking about, just a few pathing issues which happen in every game and are easily solved by getting a certain distance away from the minion and it just teleports to you.

lol then you havent been playing it long. when you're in a lvl 75-80 map with endless de happening your minions pating around is not always so good. also check them out in pvp the minions don't attack same target at all when u drect them to. they actually scatter out making them split dps which is bad for a minion master. another issue is when flesh golem stands there like a statue and some of your other minions.

like i said you probably haven't played the necromancer long enough. thus you're probably a lowbie that doesn't have access to all his minions yet aka flesh golem. there has been countless even videos posted about the ai system of minions for necros. i suggest going on youtube and watching a few

• SynthetickSynthetick Member Posts: 977

You realize nobody can open a broke link  that is a broke link, right?

Originally posted by Purutzil

Its fine with the duplicate point but the way its defined...

That doesn't sound like its a post about something already there, but actually staying they don't accept the post he made making point about something he felt was true... which to me isn't a good sign. Its basically censorship of negative details should they actually be closing down threads making any complaints about game mechanics or things of that nature. That being said, I can't see the forum to judge if thats just a 'auto reply' deal that isn't very specific and just generally includes mentioning about being against Code of Conduct (even if its to delete duplicate topics)

THANKYOU finally someone who was intelengent enough to see that. rofl i guess some people will catch on it late

As in directed toward a specific employee of ArenaNet?  Not sure if that's kosher.

Also, that's probably a stock Autoreply, so it's just going to say that regardless of why your post was deleted.  To me, this is much ado about nothing.

This discussion has been closed.