Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Which spec to take first

cheyanecheyane Rome Posts: 3,002Member Uncommon

I am playing a shaman and I reached level 10. I am offered a spec choice. I intend to use the dungeon finder but also quest in between. I used to be a healer mainly in most games. I really do not mind healinng at all. Now what do I take first as I understand it at level 30 I can get another spec. Dual spec I think it is called.

Do I take restoration first or elemental first ? I intend to get both but which do I take first ? I am starting from scratch no heirlooms nothing no cash nothing please keep that in mind when you give me any advice. Thank you.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comments

• expressoexpresso mePosts: 2,183Member Uncommon
    I'd say elemental dungeons always need DPS and DPS is best for questing, chances are at lvl 10 an element can heal a 5man with healing gear.
  • arctarusarctarus nilPosts: 2,570Member Uncommon
    Personally I play enh and never look back, its by far to me the most fun spec for a shammy

RIP Orc Choppa

• ZylaxxZylaxx Erlanger, KYPosts: 2,574Member
    Havnt played my shaman since WotLK (and WoW since a month after Cata) but back then Enhancement was the best leveling spec.  With that being said I leveled mine as Elemental.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• AusareAusare adamstown, MDPosts: 850Member

Healing if you want to have the fastest LFG times, but your solo questing will be slow and pvp not that great.

Enhance if you want a melee DPS.

Elemental if you want better PvP and caster DPS. (enchance gets better at PvP later on)

• Silverthorn8Silverthorn8 LondonPosts: 489Member Uncommon

I have played all three, I found enhancement is way superior to elemental for solo levelling, if you need to take down an elite mob or 2 at higher levels, just pop your spirit wolves and a fire/earth elemental then open fire.

For dungeon levelling resto or elemental are great, also when you come to the dual spec feature, picking these two "can" use the same gear up to a point.

Raiding is a matter of choice all three have their values, my preference at the moment is resto/ele.

• cheyanecheyane Rome Posts: 3,002Member Uncommon
    This is so funny I went to put in my cc details to sub and found out that US Battlenet  does not accept european cc. Okay back to the drawing board and this time on an eu server.  Thanks I was thinking since I am going to be using the dungeon finder I take as healer restoration then at 30 take elemental since I have very little cash it makes sense to share gear. Thanks for the advice. I would have loved to go enhancement but  no gold so better play smart. No confidence that elemental can heal as well since I have not played WoW in like 3 years may be. My euro account had only TBC before the scroll.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• kaliniskalinis Dexter, MEPosts: 1,428Member

I have a level 86 shaman, Id go elemental over resto, To level to level 30 at least, If u were going 10-30 in a dungeon resto. 

Forget anyone saying u can heal dungeons as elemental, With changes to way class works right before mop U only get 2 heals and they arent great, 

U wont be able to heal as elemental anymore at level 10 as u dont have enough healing in your toolkit to do so. 

• MuppetierMuppetier SouthamptonPosts: 277Member
    Originally posted by cheyane
    This is so funny I went to put in my cc details to sub and found out that US Battlenet  does not accept european cc. Okay back to the drawing board and this time on an eu server.  Thanks I was thinking since I am going to be using the dungeon finder I take as healer restoration then at 30 take elemental since I have very little cash it makes sense to share gear. Thanks for the advice. I would have loved to go enhancement but  no gold so better play smart. No confidence that elemental can heal as well since I have not played WoW in like 3 years may be. My euro account had only TBC before the scroll.

The low levels become much more enjoyable when you have gold. Run round outside Stormwind or Org and collect 100 copper ore. Should take less than an hour. Convert to bars and sell on the AH for 70-80G. That should be enough for bags and green gear. I would level in dungeons but they dont give you any gold.