Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

+1 copper above the vendor price on the TP

13»

Comments

• AshenTechAshenTech Member Posts: 30
    Originally posted by Loke666
    Originally posted by Xten

Why do people keep putting items onto the TP for 1 copper higher then the vendor price when it actually costs them 2 copper to do so ? Why do people keep  doing this?

At first i thought this would be something that would settle after a while but now im starting to question if i am missing something here and that there is good reason to do this since this seems to still be a very popular use of the TP.

I dont see it though,  items that makes 14 copper on the vendor for instance are being sold for 15 copper on the TP which would cost the seller 2 copper just to put it on there and eventually nets him a result of -1 copper on the whole deal. Are there really that many people that are unaware of this?

I think this part of the TP still needs work, yes. You just shouldnt be able to put a price lower than minimum profits for the seller.

I personally never sells for less than 50% over the vendortrash price out of principle. I dont give away stuff for free, I am a theif FFS.

can always tell when somebody has no friends and is anti-social....despite being in a social game.....

anyway, I happen to like the way i can get gear just above or at vendor prices, makes buying gear for leveling my new "toons" affordable, and as I out level gear, i just use mymobile mystic forge to roll the dice and hope for better gear.....

honestly, I dont see this being a problem at all...

I wont sell much below the price others are offering at, (i had an exotic set of shoulders a while back for 4gold+silver for them, somebody had a purchase order up for 10 silver over vendor price.....i put it up at 1 copper below the lowest one that somebody had up for offer and next day...sold!!!) 

I use TP to unload stuff that will sell instantly OR that has a decent chance of selling in a decent amount of time on tp....even if its not much over vendor price, some stuff is not worth trecking to an outpost/down/camp to sell....specially when doing map completion or leveling....walking 5-10min to find a vendor isnt worth the trek back and lost leveling/completion time for me.