Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR Encyclopedia arrived at my door - AMAZING BOOK!!!

2»

Comments

• Entris38Entris38 Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Originally posted by Anubisan
    Originally posted by Draron
    Originally posted by Anubisan

Am I on the right site? Is this really a thread about SWTOR that is not completely negative!? I am in disbelief....

The book does look very nice BTW.

Heheh. It's not for everyone (understandably), but I think the $15 is worth playing through some storylines with friends and such even with it's flaws.

I actually really enjoyed the game for a while. I've just gotten used to the constant overwhelming negativity towards it on this forum. I really think the game is much better than people give it credit for and I don't think it deserves most of the crap people are giving it. I'm really glad to see some positive threads here and there...

Agree, I just returned and am enjoying myself like I did when it first released. I think I was perhaps a bit rushed and frustrated since my guild jumped servers and I wasn't so pleased being i had a 46bh and 35 guardian by then.

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793

A good art book is awesome. I really like them! I am still patiently awaiting this one...

http://www.amazon.com/The-Sky-Final-Fantasy-Boxed/dp/1616550392/

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• SendenSenden Member UncommonPosts: 602
    As someone who is fairly negative about the game's MMO credibility, I can't fault this encylopedia at all, it's beautiful, big and informative. I
  • BardusBardus Member Posts: 460

I have nothing against the book and think it's kind of neat looking but for heavens sake I'm sorry, they made a book for purchase which is a obvious marketing ploy when IMO they could use something like this to improve the game.

Put this book in the game damnit! Hide codex entries throughout the game and segment them into collections. When a set of entries are completed, give the player some cool item specific to that collection. It will give players a reason to explore maybe? Something different to do and to look forward to completing?

/facepalm TOR you guys just don't get it.

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    Sevenstar you are a beacon for your game and I admire you from afar but cannot play swtor ever again.
  • DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    Originally posted by Bardus

I have nothing against the book and think it's kind of neat looking but for heavens sake I'm sorry, they made a book for purchase which is a obvious marketing ploy when IMO they could use something like this to improve the game.

Put this book in the game damnit! Hide codex entries throughout the game and segment them into collections. When a set of entries are completed, give the player some cool item specific to that collection. It will give players a reason to explore maybe? Something different to do and to look forward to completing?

/facepalm TOR you guys just don't get it.

What? DK Publishing made the book. They don't work on the game, and if the devs did decide to add it themselves to the already informative codex it'd take away from dev time.

That, and the encyclopedia looks nice. Heheh.

• gravesworngravesworn Member Posts: 324
    EA will keep pumping out sports games, basically allowing for them to crash and burn elsewhere.
  • catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677
    Originally posted by Draron
    Preordered it and shipped with Amazon Prime ;) I agree, it's a great book. Worth the $25 I payed for it easily.

A buddy of mine got a copy, I was pretty impressed with it. I went ahead and ordered a copy.