Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problems with my PC

2»

Comments

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I did one pass how many should I do ? It passed the memtest86 test in one pass .
    Chamber of Chains

I did 5 passes in the end and all is okay no errors.

I was just wondering if the video card is the problem could the slot be the one damaging the card since it will be a second video card replacement since that is what the dell people said and coming tomorrow to replace the video card again.Sigh image they will probably take away my accidental upgrade and give me back the 480 .The had made a mistake and given me a 580 in August.

Chamber of Chains
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    1. Open your Start menu and type "view reliability history" into the search box.
    2. Find the apps that are crashing in the graph that are denoted by a red circle with a white X in it.
    3. Click on one of those red critical failure icons that list a game in the details text box shown below.
    4. In the details box below double-click the related Critical Event under Source.
    5. Copy and paste the results of that. (see example below)
    6. Do steps 4 & 5 for more of the crashes if the details change between each crash.
    Doing that might give someone here more information that will help fix your problem.

EXAMPLE:

Description
    Faulting Application Path:    d:program filesSteamsteamappscommonfallout new vegasFalloutNV.exe

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
    Application Name:    FalloutNV.exe
    Application Version:    1.4.0.525
    Application Timestamp:    4e0d50ed
    Fault Module Name:    FalloutNV.exe
    Fault Module Version:    1.4.0.525
    Fault Module Timestamp:    4e0d50ed
    Exception Code:    c0000005
    Exception Offset:    001a90e4
    OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
    Locale ID:    1033
    Additional Information 1:    0a9e
    Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3:    0a9e
    Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams

Also turn off the auto restart upon BSOD settings. Doing so may mean you will have to cold boot your system when you receive a BSOD. You can turn it back on later if you prefer.

In Win 7 > Start Menu > in right column right click on Computer > Select Properties > Advanced tab > Startup and Recovery seciton > Settings button > System Failure section > uncheck Automatically restart.

That will at least let you see the BSOD to find out what the stop error codes are.

This is the Dell website page describing some frequent BSOD error codes: http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?c=us&cs=19&docid=549031&l=en&s=dhs

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
    Okay will do.
    Chamber of Chains
    They came and changed the video card and I reran the pc diagnostic but this time that earlier failure did not appear and it passed everything. Do you think the problem has been solved or will it return in like 2 months like before ?
    Chamber of Chains

The Furry Doughnut will stress your graphics like nothing else currently available. If you run that for a couple of hours without issue then you should be good to go. If it doesn't, you'll have something with which to bitch at Dell again. You'll also get some serious tech credit if you get a real tech and not a phone zombie.

Furmark 1.10.3

Just be sure you pick the right "Download Now!" button. Otherwise you'll be inundated with offers for a bunch of crap you don't want or need.  Today, it's the pale green button with the large black arrow on it.

Also keep an eye on the GPU's fan speed.  I wouldn't let it get beyond 90% of maximum speed while running the burn in test.

• Le0PineLe0Pine Member Posts: 2

Cheyane,

I would have said it was the graphics card although the CPU temperature when playing a game seems a tad high. The possible solutions to getting lower temperatures depend on a number of things and your actual computer is the first. I too own an Alienware Aurora (older model I reckon) but even when its running under load, the CPU temperature has never gotten above 47ºC.  I let the command center control the fans etc. If you have the case with the active vents then use thsoe to periodically vent the fans else use the Thermal Controlelr to do it. Either method will literally blow out any dust bunnies in it and if done while you aren't playing any games, it'll also reduce the temperatures.

HTH

~*~ Yesh! ~*~