Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall: Original Game Shutting Down with Unholy Wars' Launch

2»

Comments

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Does anyone know if you download the current game if it will patch in the new game over top?  My guess is no.
  • SlaverHoundSlaverHound Member Posts: 109

An mmorpg is not supposed to tell you a story it's supposed to allow you to tell other players your character's story. 

If it's a shallow game a restart is no big deal, but if it was a traditional mmorpg like UO, swg, or eve online, you're flushing your customers hardwork down the drain and they won't love you for it.

"Lectroids? Planet 10? Nuclear extortion? A girl named "John"?

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Originally posted by TweFoju

interested to try since there will be  character wipe and everyone starts fresh

although im such a carebear that i am always afraid to try this game

Im always leery of FFA PVP games like this......They tend to have rampant cheating and scripting and from what I heard DF1 had tons of both.....THis is just the kind of game where most of us have no chance.

• aerelisaerelis Member Posts: 56

we can only hope they have a better anti-cheat system in place this time. hopefully enough people buy, and play where they can afford good GM's and update and take care of the game, which they did not do in DF:1

DF:1 and SWG are the two best games ever, nothing like rolling around with a few buds and running into a nother group.....the adrenaline kicks in fast, no game has ever done that for me exept darkfall

Aere Bourne

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by Theocritus
    Originally posted by TweFoju

interested to try since there will be  character wipe and everyone starts fresh

although im such a carebear that i am always afraid to try this game

Im always leery of FFA PVP games like this......They tend to have rampant cheating and scripting and from what I heard DF1 had tons of both.....THis is just the kind of game where most of us have no chance.

There was only a brief bit of hacking about 3 months into launch. It was widespread for a week, and then the ban hammer came down in a massive wave, and the security was patched, and there was essentially no more hacking for the next 2 years. Not widespread anyway. There were always the accusations between clans of other people cheating, or buying new accounts after old ones got banned, but in 3 years of playing I only ever encountered hackers twice.