Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[General Article] World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria: Review In Progress - Quests & PvE

2»

Comments

• petespripetespri Member Posts: 15

Lol @ 1 talent choice every 15 levels.

No thanks.

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    Originally posted by petespri

Lol @ 1 talent choice every 15 levels.

No thanks.

That's a shallow way to look at it. In case you don't know, the skills that used to be acquired through Talents are now bought from class trainers. You want choice? Then CHOOSE not to buy these skills :)

• nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,062

I resubbed to WoW to play a Monk. I haven't played since the first month Cata released. When I came back, it was like learning a new game with old mechanics. I'm playing GW2 also, so there's a lot of things in WoW that I wasn't used to and was trying to do things I can do in GW2, such as double tapping directional buttons to dodge away. I also felt the pain of mob stealing, that you don't feel in GW2. 

With that said, I enjoy the Monk class, although I think animations and sounds could of been A LOT better for that class. Inflation in the games economy is rediculous, so being a new guy in the game is painful. However, I do enjoy playing a game with a trinity system and running dungeons, even though dungeons have been nerfed to the ground and beyond. I'm hoping later dungeons and content will make the purchase worthwhile.

• SvarcanumSvarcanum Member UncommonPosts: 425

It seems the reviewer hasn't really played enough to write about questing and PvE. I skipped tons of quest hubs and that didn't restrict my progress in the zones at all. Unlike Cataclysm MoP is not linear at all. Sure, the individual hubs are usually linear, but it'd be hard to tell a story otherwise. Would the reviewer rather you start out killing the last boss only to later take care of his bodyguards?

And as others have pointed out there's ALOT of exploration in MoP. I would even say there's more exploration than in vanilla wow. I've come across puzzles that require two people to complete, lore spots with monetary rewards, tons of rares with intresting abilities and super rewards (more than one quest worth of xp when leveling up) etc etc. Embarassing, MMORPG, please play the game before reviewing. I don't conider the level up experience in WoW its greatest asset, but it's better now than in a long time.

• Necrosaro420Necrosaro420 Member Posts: 31

I agree with poster above.  You said you are not taking this addon seriously, yet, you feel you are objective enough to write an article on it?  How are we suppose to take the article seriously?

So far, I think MoP has been pretty good.  New features, lots of exploring to find new things that you are not led to, tons of new quests, etc.  Its been pretty solid so far.

• Necrosaro420Necrosaro420 Member Posts: 31

How do you "feel the pain of mob stealing" in WoW?  The first person that attacks it, it is locked to them.  Others can attack, but you get the exp and loot, so no one is stealing any mobs from  you.

Haters gonna hate.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    So far all expansions were great, pumping fresh air into old game. But wow is destined to be evergreen.
  • SvarcanumSvarcanum Member UncommonPosts: 425
    Just reread the review. I would really expect a Site like mmorpg.com to hold off reviewing a game until they've explored more than one zone. Because it's glaringly obvious that the reviewer has only played Jade Forest. Shame on you, mmorpg.com. Hopefully Bill for next will have spent more than 2-3 hours in the game.

For the record, I'm no huge fan of wow's questing system, but when they've made such huge improvements since the last expansion and added more exploration than ever before it really gets to me when someone reviews the game on preconceived notions rather than actual time spent playing the game.

And finally, regarding exploration, I've found more unexpected things in MoP than I did in gw2 (played to 80),a game praised for its exploration.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Yeah, I did not like the direction Blizzard is taking the quest system when I played the beta.  The only fun thing I remember with the Beta was trying out a monk because it was new.

You could discuss the talent system in a short paragraph, very little of it left.

• jefslatjefslat Member Posts: 2
    Questing is much less linear in MoP than it was in Cata. Especially once you have progressed past the Jade Forest. Achieving Loremaster status will require quite a bit of post-90 questing to gather the requirements.
  • gamesmaster35gamesmaster35 Member Posts: 1

Well I've never had much trouble with the questing system myself.But then I quest alot more than most people on the game.So I usually do all the quests before I move on to another area anyway.

I do love how they have handled most of it especially the mini bosses.Not having to fight to be the first one to a mini boss is a great plus. I have mixed feelings on the phasing system especially when it comes to teaming up with people.I think if you're teaming up with someone they should be able to see what you see.It might not advance their story but they can gain xp from it at least.

And I do love how the rewards have been where they are tailored more to your class.If you're a warrior you get a different weapon than if you were a druid for example.Now they still may give you a mace where you usually have a 2h sword but still a step in the right direction.