Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallout MMORPG?

2»

Comments

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

a truly amazing fallout mmo is a conandrum.

on the one side you are tring to make the game feel desolate and barren to the extreme.

on the other you are trying to include thousands of players.

the 2 just dont work together. a fallout mmo with thousand of players tripping over eachothers and spamming Chuck Norris jokes in general just will not feel like an apocaliptic mmo....it will feel like FE.....an mmo with lots of destroyed buildings and junk, but far from desolate.

the only way you can make such an mmo is like Dayz did it. you have to make HUGE open maps( i'm talking DF huge) and cap the servers at very few players, like 100 or 200. only then will you be able to capture that feeling of lonelyness and desolation that is the essence of a good aphocalyptic mmo. It's a very tricky situation.

• LarsaLarsa Member Posts: 990

Well, Eurogamer dug into the job opportunities at Battlecry Studios. Here are some hightlights:

"Monetisation Designer", "excellent knowledge of the monetisation of free-to-play games", "console experience - preferably next generation (PS3, Xbox 360)"

Source: Eurogamer article

I maintain this List of Sandbox MMORPGs. Please post or send PM for corrections and suggestions.

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Fallout wouldn't work as a mmo

Post apocalypse wasteground and hundreds of other players running around just doesn't mix.

Also if it was being made, wouldn't zenimax online be making it.

It's just a matter of how much landmass there will be.

Look at SWTOR, great post apocalypic wastegrounds because I never see more than 20 players around.

Perhaps BW should do a Fallout MMO

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363

Oh oh oh let me be THE VERY FIRST PERSON to inspire the usual haters who will pop up just like they do in EVERY MMO !

Let me suggest they can call the game "FAILOUT ONLINE" .

Also in the same post, let me be the very first person to ask:

"How long until F2P?"

also

"PvP is unbalanced"

followed by

"Population is dropping, merge the servers"

and

"need moar endgame content asap".

Thanks for reading

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

Resurrecting this thread instead of creating a new one, because I really want a Fallout MMO.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by DocBrody

Resurrecting this thread instead of creating a new one, because I really want a Fallout MMO.

Well, fantasy has been done to death already, hard sci-fi has been well-represented (AO, SWG, EVE, SWTOR) and is even experiencing a revival of sorts (E:D and soon SC).

But other than Fallen Earth, no post-apocalypse AAA MMO's have been made yet. Despite the huge popularity of the Fallout series.

Will "The Division" be the one ?

• VarossVaross Moderator UncommonPosts: 11,414
    Please do not necro old threads.
    To give feedback on moderation, please contact [email protected]
This discussion has been closed.