Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Care to help?

GorweGorwe Ald'RuhnPosts: 2,473Member Uncommon

Right then! I am constantly giving advices out Like there is no tomorrow and I figured that it's my time to ask a question. Suggest a MMO(if it exists) that meets my personal info:

-I dislike grinding. Really dislike it. So the MMO MUST be an experience unto itself(have a story, be replayable, etc...)

-It MUST correspond to the way of thinking of Neutral Good(so no pointless zerging/soloing) and/or ENFP(google it)

-Freemium or P2P, no f2ps(GWs are on my list anyhow so no need to list the sole representatives of b2p genre)

-It MUST be actually, you know, fun.

-PvE focused but not on grinds, but rather on stories and World. Exploration and crafting and dungeons and storylines-that's what I am talking bout! Not stupid grinds in Raids...

-diverse classes so you can play your character how you see it fit, not how devs see it fit

-PvP, whatever! I've got more than enough of it in HoN thank you VERY much! PvP and RPGs do not go hand in hand(imo), but that's a discussion for some other time...

K. Fire away!

Edit: be free to say that such MMO does not exist...

Edit 2: be free to list partial results(MMOs that correspond with as few as 3 points)

Comments

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Champaign, ILPosts: 1,552Member Uncommon
    Sorry I draw a blank.  I'm mostly f2p.  The only pay I really liked was Rift but that was after release and before the whiners changed the game system.

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Thereiam, ARPosts: 2,697Member

Feel free to laugh, but Asheron's Call.

First off, Raids don't exist, there goes that concern.

Second it has a lot of story and an insane number of dungeons.

Third: Free monthly content updates (for going on 13 years now which is why there is so much content and story).

Fourth: They've eliminated a lot of the grind. You level fast (there are 275 levels) and you keep finding new and better gear. The kicker is that the best gear in game comes from loot. Any creature you kill, any chest you open could contain the best piece of gear (there are tiers so a level 5 creature won't drop the best of the top tier but can drop the best of the first tier). There is no running the same dungeon 50 times hoping to get enough of the random drops you need to build the top set in game.

Fifth: Skill based not class based. Build the character you want and play how you want. Go nuts.

The down sides

The graphics are old and dated. There is no denying this or hiding it, but the gameplay more than makes up for it.

Due to the nature of the game and the server wide chat channel you won't see towns full of people running around. They are typically either out hunting/questing the whole time they're logged in or at their house/allegiance mansion. So it can seem emptier.

• GorweGorwe Ald'RuhnPosts: 2,473Member Uncommon
    Yeah, besides old MMOs I predicted that I'll draw blank. Thanks for suggestions!

Keep em coming!