Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Review] Vanguard: Saga of Heroes: The F2P Review

1235»

Comments

• xamenxamen Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Good to know. Thanks for the answer.

• finnmacool1finnmacool1 Member Posts: 453
    Actually all your old char and their gear should be grandfathered so you should be able to remove and requip but any new gear you get that is yellow+ wont be useable without a sub or unlocker.
  • birkenbirken Member Posts: 122
    Yes all char gear if played before is unlocked. Vanguard is true free to play game everything is open other than some gear  in which case u can buy item unlocks in game with in game money so it is all free if  you put enough time into it. I love this game. People can hate on it as much as they want but this game has exploded in pop.
  • crystevilcrystevil Member Posts: 1
    out of date.....f2p mode changed....more better now, one of the best f2p model and game...
  • DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by crystevil
    out of date.....f2p mode changed....more better now, one of the best f2p model and game...

It was already pretty much the best FTP model, this review was a joke...

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

in fairness, the review was done in october

Vanguard enhanced the ftp options 2 months ago, in January

http://forums.station.sony.com/vg/index.php?threads/producer-letter-changes-to-free-to-play-and-membership-benefits.915/

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by Nadia

http://forums.station.sony.com/vg/index.php?threads/producer-letter-changes-to-free-to-play-and-membership-benefits.915/

and it was a horrible review then too

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Aesthetics 6/10 - Really ? Well if you run the game maxed out it still looks half decent and infact looks better than some MMOs that have been released recently.. All the texture have normal maps applied, they are all pretty high res textures as well, the view distance is pretty amazing, the active weather system works well.. i love watching a storm come in.. Well taking into account the game is 5 years old I think it still loks pretty good and deserves more than a 6. I could play this maxed out on my system without any performance issues at atll.

Intel [email protected]

8GB RAM

Geforce 670 oc

Win7 x64

Longevity 6/10 - it sounds like your saying because it takes time to do things its not good? Questing is as good as any themepark MMO, crafting is pretty good plus the diplomacy is a nice addition.. the fact that certain things can take a lot of time is a godo thing not a bad thing.. Instant gratification is bad in mmos.

Value 6/10 - Really the only big restriction for f2p players are rare items, at the end of the day a company is there to make money they are basically giving you everything for free except for a few restrictions. If you are enjoynig the game enough to need to use rare items then you should really sub and show them your support.

https://www.vanguardthegame.com/free.vm

(Just realised its an OLD review so ignore this as things have changed since the review)

Other than those few issues its not a bad re-review I think i would have had it at about 7.5/10

Wish SOE had spent more time on this game as with all the bugs fixed it would have been the best PVE themepark on the market..

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Originally posted by DavisFlight
    Originally posted by crystevil

It was already pretty much the best FTP model, this review was a joke...

+1 .. Great Game Great F2P model ..... obviously this reviewer has no clue , and really didnt explore or take the time to learn the F2P model in place and really discredits themselves and there erhmmm "Review"

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Originally posted by Nadia

There responsibility is to check this before posting the article , after all they had 2 months to follow up and ensure they are writing accurate and reliable information ...

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Originally posted by xDayx

The review is based on someone with a "new normal" opinion of how the themeparks should be in there opinion. What they fail to see is that the mass-appeal market is saturated with rifts, gw2's, swtors, etc. We don't need another one of those. I will agree on the F2P being restrictive, that's the only thing they said right... But then again it's done typical Sony style.

the market is saturated with everything you mentioned except GW2. GW2 tried to break that point of saturation in a much different way. Besides SOE restrictive nature in f2p, the review also got the engine issues right, damn right. The engine where VG and EQ2 were made is just plain bad. I hope they arent using it for EQNext.

• ringdanyringdany Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Way too many "who knows?" "nobody knows" "up in the air" in this review. What a ridiculous shallow pathetic effort.