Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Mists for me?

GoruduGorudu Member CommonPosts: 79

I've been on and off WoW for close to 7 years now and I was wondering if Mists would be worth it. I don't care if it made the game "kiddy" in style, as I'm really not so insecure as that. I play Mario, Kirby, and all sorts of great games that have a cutsie aesthetic. I'm also not concerned about the new talent system getting rid of versatility. Versatility in WoW has been dead since the game since Wrath. Putting 5 points in hit chance instead of crit does not drastically change the playstyle of your character.

What I'm asking about is the actual content. Is it fun and in depth? I keep hearing about these things like challenge modes, a personal farm, pokemon, etc, but are they in depth enough or do they just feel like a shallow feature just to add more to the Mists list?

Are dungeons hard again? Can you just easy mode these new heroics? If not, are the boss fights well fleshed out?

How is world pvp? I play on a pvp server and I've loved the ability to start wars back in vanilla WoW. Is that back? Is the playerbase out and about in the world or just waiting in queues?

Final question: How are professions? In both Wrath and Cata, professions didn't get any love at all. They took away any real reason to specialize, there were no cool quests, pattern drops were almost non-existent after the second content patch. I know it's hard to tell at the moment, but does it feel like Blizzard will keep up on the professions to make them relevant? 

Finaller quesiton: Is it fun?

I posted this in the Mists forum and didn't get a whole of response, so I reposted here.

Comments

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Basically dumbed down and no harder. Least they are taking stuff from other games (As usual) to give it more to do but still if your tired of wow, its not for you. If you aren't happy with the direction its been taken in previous expansions, your probably going to dislike it even more. Professions are the same old same old, don't think they want to force people into doing them though they do have their benefits still. 

Over-all, if your a hardcore raider or player of wow from way back when and liked that stuff, its probably a terrible choice for you. If your into nostoligia and that, eh... maybe... considering your okay with some elements they added it might not bother you. If your brand new to wow and want to try the game, its okay. 

Its a good game, but way far strayed from its path and in some ways insulting to old players.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

The game is easier, that's for sure.

it's also basically a saturday morning cartoon, in terms of homor and theme.  That may or may not be a good thing for you, but it's up to you to decide. Mechanically though, it's way too simplified.  You actually have a page on your spellbook that tells you what skills you should be using, and in what order, as a list.  Talents are gone, in favor of about 6 passive and active abilities that you choose ever 15 levels or so.  they more or less duplicate stuff from the old talent trees, but each teir only gives you 3 options, and the options almost always have an obviously better choice for your playstyle (pvp, pve), so actual choice isn't important.

All in all, I don't enjoy it much, but I didn't like Cata much either.  I think the game is just really long in the tooth for me.

You make me like charity

• azrael466azrael466 Member Posts: 365
    Originally posted by Purutzil

Basically dumbed down and no harder. Least they are taking stuff from other games (As usual) to give it more to do but still if your tired of wow, its not for you. If you aren't happy with the direction its been taken in previous expansions, your probably going to dislike it even more. Professions are the same old same old, don't think they want to force people into doing them though they do have their benefits still. 

Over-all, if your a hardcore raider or player of wow from way back when and liked that stuff, its probably a terrible choice for you. If your into nostoligia and that, eh... maybe... considering your okay with some elements they added it might not bother you. If your brand new to wow and want to try the game, its okay. 

Its a good game, but way far strayed from its path and in some ways insulting to old players.

This complaint amuses the hell out of me....

Raiding in WoW hasn't been 'hardcore' since 40 man raids back in classic..I say this as someone who hasn't even PLAYED in classic. WoW has always been about accessability and everyone being able to atleast experience things.

Heres the thing, real hardcore raiders don't bitch about being made 'too easy', because they're too busy in either another game, or gearing up for hardmodes or challenge modes. Its the mid-range wanna be hardcores who whine endlessly.

Playing
    Nothing
    waiting for
    The secret world
    Played
    WoW, DCU online, star wars: the old republic, city of heroes, city of villains, everquest, plenty more I'm probably forgetting or aren't worth noting.

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

This is one of the xpacks with most contents.

If you have a life its a great game. If you do not, and live in WoW, you get bored fast.