Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Random disconnects

7star7star Member Posts: 405

I haven't had any problems playing GW2 at all until today. I have been playing MoP and TL2 and just came back to GW2 for some WvW. I missed the action combat and dodging.

I had some stretches, maybe 20 minutes at the longest without a disconnect. Sometimes only 3-5 minutes before a dc.  It can be pve or wvw. It doesn't matter. I went to the forums and there was a thread started but no answers on what to do. I tried to log into the forums but keep getting a login error, so I'm asking here.

Anyone else having this problem recently? Any kind of fix?

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

A guildie had that issue twice yesterday but he is having a mobile internet and such issues happens to him now and then in any game so it is hard to tell if he had the same issue or not.. Sorry, no one else in th guild have had any problems so it might just be your internet that is messing a bit or it can be an issue a few people have....

• cujo603cujo603 Member UncommonPosts: 103
    my game would always would quit to desktop after 20 minutes. then keep quitting to desktop every 2-3 minutes after that.  the game would still be running, i could just click on the game icon and it would come back.  the only solution i could find was to play in window mode.  my computer is up to date so i think its just a freeky guild wars 2 bug.
  • 7star7star Member Posts: 405
    Originally posted by cujo603
    my game would always would quit to desktop after 20 minutes. then keep quitting to desktop every 2-3 minutes after that.  the game would still be running, i could just click on the game icon and it would come back.  the only solution i could find was to play in window mode.  my computer is up to date so i think its just a freeky guild wars 2 bug.

This sounds similar to my situation. I will try in windowed mode. When did  this start happening to you?

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    all of a sudden when i log into gw2 after about 30 secs my pc just shuts down totally..tried other games and they work  fine .only happens in gw2..any ideas anyone..temperature ok.running w7 64bit,560ti nvidia card,8gb ram,2500k processor.
    Originally posted by kevjards
    all of a sudden when i log into gw2 after about 30 secs my pc just shuts down totally..tried other games and they work  fine .only happens in gw2..any ideas anyone..temperature ok.running w7 64bit,560ti nvidia card,8gb ram,2500k processor.

I don't know about that situation, but something is wierd right now. It's a very recent thing because GW2 ran flawlessly for me till about 3 days ago.

As another poster suggested, I went to windowed mode and change my antivirus to game mode and it seems to work better, but it still dc'd after about 25-30 minutes instead of 3-5. I will see how it goes from here. I hope this gets fixed.

I went to the support site and they were talking about uninstalling and then re-installing my anti-virus, but I don't want to do all that. A-net should fix it on their end.

EDIT:  I'm playing on a university system, so I don't know if that will have anything to do with it or not.

• RoxetteRoxette Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Yesterday in about 6 hours of play time had 2 dc's. But also , yesterday my internet connection had problems due to updating firmware remotely  of the modem by the ISP. This also caused a slight lag while being in game. In my case the 2 dc's could have been caused by  the firmware update.

Played: Guild Wars, AoC, Lotro, CoH, Warhammer, Tabula Ras, Spellborn, Second Life, Rift, Aion, Tera.
    Playing: Guild Wars 2, WoT

• GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907

I have DC's every so often, as far as I can figure out in my case it is the Internet itself that is causing the problems... congestion in the he.net nodes near Chicago mostly (100% packet loss will disconnect any mmo connection).

My ISP isn't any help either.... the owner doesn't like people using his ISP for online gaming so no assistance from them with getting the packets rerouted at all.

I would guess that more players are having problems due to Internet congestion than most realise. The problems may not be with the software, or the servers... but the path inbetween.

The DC's do seem to be happening a little bit more frequently to me. That much I have in common with other posters here.

Originally posted by Gardavsshade

I have DC's every so often, as far as I can figure out in my case it is the Internet itself that is causing the problems... congestion in the he.net nodes near Chicago mostly (100% packet loss will disconnect any mmo connection).

My ISP isn't any help either.... the owner doesn't like people using his ISP for online gaming so no assistance from them with getting the packets rerouted at all.

I would guess that more players are having problems due to Internet congestion than most realise. The problems may not be with the software, or the servers... but the path inbetween.

The DC's do seem to be happening a little bit more frequently to me. That much I have in common with other posters here.

Yes, it was happening to me too with MoP. I was getting dc'd and having major lag spikes. Maybe because unis are back in session? I don't know. Lots of games to play right now. 

So GW2 has now just become very frustrating and actually unplayable atm.  MoP is unplayable because (1) absurd q times up to 3 hours on my server and (2) the lag spikes i mentioned. Since I like to heal in instances, that's a big problem. 

Now I load up TSW. I hope my connection is fine for that. If not, I have to assume it's the internet connection and not GW2 or WoW.  If TSW fails me, it's back to Minecraft, Skyrim, or Torchlight 2 for a while. Gotta love the first world problems. :D

I will be fine if that works. But it's a bit frustrating having all these games available but not being able to stay connected ffs.