Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I would play this game if....

1235»

Comments

• ZushakonZushakon Member UncommonPosts: 148
    I have to admit, all this crap you PVE-carebear faggits are spouting is quite nauseating, you guys are the reason there are no good MMORPGs.

Darkfall Unholy Wars:
    Zushakon Odi

• FluteFlute Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Originally posted by xpiher
    Originally posted by Myrdynn

personally I wont play this game either way because of the first person aspect.

However I dont see why all the hardcore PVP full loot guys get so bent out of shape over the idea of having a seperate server with different rules.  It would add a lot of money to devs, as a lot of people just dont want to have to be on edge 24/7.  It wouldnt effect the hardcore players at all.

Asheron's Call did it well with Darktide, 13 yrs later, it should be relatively easy to implement.  Its also one of the reasons why Shadowbane died out.  The hardcore group is small and kills out the playerbase of the casuals, which help a game succeed long term

AV has a small dev team. Anything they do that distracts them from the core aspects of the game is bad for the PvPers. And, truthfully, I think you people are just plain wrong that people would like DFO as a PvE game. They would demand more stuff be added to the game to carter to the stuff PvE players like. This stuff would only work on the PvE server. 

What complete and utter rubbish.  Darkfall was always intended to have a strong PvE game as well as strong PvP game: those who say Aventurine should only focus on PvP have simply failed to appreciate Aventurine's design goals.  Darkfall 1.0 had some of the best PvE experiences of any game I know, and I knew many players who adored Darkfall as a pve game - they liked occasional pvp, but they logged in to go play the pve game with their friends. 

In case you have all forgotten, this is an MMORPG not an arena FPS.  Without sheep, there is nothing for the wolves to hunt.  Aventurine knows that, and has always attempted to retain pve players (usually without much success in the face of pvp players ganking them relentlessly out of the game).  That is part of why Darkfall is starting completely fresh - it is the only way to get the pve players back in the game.  New world design, better player city design, better skill progression for casual players, better collective defence options - these are not things pvp players ever needed.  They are for the pve-centric players.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,003
    The whole point of the game is FFA PvP / loot. You're going to get spawn campled alot and killed repetedly over and over again and your going to lose all your stuff. That's why I don't play it or intend to. Although, it is a good rush trying not to get pk'd. Only way I'd play it is if there was conditional pvp and you could chose to not be a pker or if you have a "wanted" status you drop all your loot or whatever. PK'ing won't happen the way I want it to so I probly will never play this game because of that.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by Flute

However I dont see why all the hardcore PVP full loot guys get so bent out of shape over the idea of having a seperate server with different rules.  It would add a lot of money to devs, as a lot of people just dont want to have to be on edge 24/7.  It wouldnt effect the hardcore players at all.

Asheron's Call did it well with Darktide, 13 yrs later, it should be relatively easy to implement.  Its also one of the reasons why Shadowbane died out.  The hardcore group is small and kills out the playerbase of the casuals, which help a game succeed long term

AV has a small dev team. Anything they do that distracts them from the core aspects of the game is bad for the PvPers. And, truthfully, I think you people are just plain wrong that people would like DFO as a PvE game. They would demand more stuff be added to the game to carter to the stuff PvE players like. This stuff would only work on the PvE server. 

What complete and utter rubbish.  Darkfall was always intended to have a strong PvE game as well as strong PvP game: those who say Aventurine should only focus on PvP have simply failed to appreciate Aventurine's design goals.  Darkfall 1.0 had some of the best PvE experiences of any game I know, and I knew many players who adored Darkfall as a pve game - they liked occasional pvp, but they logged in to go play the pve game with their friends. 

In case you have all forgotten, this is an MMORPG not an arena FPS.  Without sheep, there is nothing for the wolves to hunt.  Aventurine knows that, and has always attempted to retain pve players (usually without much success in the face of pvp players ganking them relentlessly out of the game).  That is part of why Darkfall is starting completely fresh - it is the only way to get the pve players back in the game.  New world design, better player city design, better skill progression for casual players, better collective defence options - these are not things pvp players ever needed.  They are for the pve-centric players.

What you fail to realize is that the fast majority of the PvE player base like the gear grind tread mill. This would only work on the PvE server and would take development time away from things that people who have followed for nearly 10years actually want in a game. PvEers (the majority not all) don't care about houses, they don't care about politics, they don't care about an indepth crafting meta game, resource control, regional banking, etc. All they care about is beating up bosses to get shinies to get more shines to beat up other bosses. If you don't believe me look at the number 1 complaint GW2 has which is the lack of a gear grind tread mill.

DFO needs sandbox features. Sadly, those sandbox features don't make a compelling PvE game for the vast majority of PvE players you guys seem to think will come in droves to a PvE server for DFO. Stuff that makes a complelling PvE sandbox MMO will not work with full loot and a dynamic economy. Its that simple.

And I think you are wrong on why DFO is starting fresh. Number one reason, and I'm sure this will be proved when the game is launched, is because the game's internal code needed to be wiped clean, tabula rasa.  When we play DFO 2.0 it will essentially be the same as DFO 1.0. Look at the all the stuff the devs are bragging about: its mostly graphics and UI functionality.  

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

What you fail to realize is that the fast majority of the PvE player base like the gear grind tread mill. This would only work on the PvE server and would take development time away from things that people who have followed for nearly 10years actually want in a game. PvEers (the majority not all) don't care about houses, they don't care about politics, they don't care about an indepth crafting meta game, resource control, regional banking, etc. All they care about is beating up bosses to get shinies to get more shines to beat up other bosses. If you don't believe me look at the number 1 complaint GW2 has which is the lack of a gear grind tread mill.

DFO needs sandbox features. Sadly, those sandbox features don't make a compelling PvE game for the vast majority of PvE players you guys seem to think will come in droves to a PvE server for DFO. Stuff that makes a complelling PvE sandbox MMO will not work with full loot and a dynamic economy. Its that simple.

And I think you are wrong on why DFO is starting fresh. Number one reason, and I'm sure this will be proved when the game is launched, is because the game's internal code needed to be wiped clean, tabula rasa.  When we play DFO 2.0 it will essentially be the same as DFO 1.0. Look at the all the stuff the devs are bragging about: its mostly graphics and UI functionality.  

updating only the UI and the graphics is not something that they can 'brag' about, DF1 was unpopular for a very good reason. They could do themselves a favour by playing Eve, and seeing how things work there, and perhaps using that experience to modify some of the areas of their own game, skills for instance definitely need a level cap, and personally i would be very much in favour of having combat skills of one type deteriorate if the user switches to another type, ie.. if you have gained skill in 1h melee weapons, then your 2h melee weapons, archery, magic skills slowly deteriorate with each gain.  And the same with stats, if your using brute force weapons/skills then your fine control deteriorates/gets rusty,  strength increase vs loss of dex/agility.  Either way, just giving DF1 a graphic update and improving the UI isnt going to cut it.  image

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by Phry

updating only the UI and the graphics is not something that they can 'brag' about, DF1 was unpopular for a very good reason. They could do themselves a favour by playing Eve, and seeing how things work there, and perhaps using that experience to modify some of the areas of their own game, skills for instance definitely need a level cap, and personally i would be very much in favour of having combat skills of one type deteriorate if the user switches to another type, ie.. if you have gained skill in 1h melee weapons, then your 2h melee weapons, archery, magic skills slowly deteriorate with each gain.  And the same with stats, if your using brute force weapons/skills then your fine control deteriorates/gets rusty,  strength increase vs loss of dex/agility.  Either way, just giving DF1 a graphic update and improving the UI isnt going to cut it.  image

You probably haven't been following DFO 2.0/UW. They are using EvE's load out system ... essentially. Load out systems are better than decay system because decay = more grind. This is one of the things they've bragged about; however, IMO, it doesn't dramitatically change the game that much. AV assumed that the grind would force people to specialize in the begining. It did that at first. Now this load out system forces people to specialize without forcing them to be 1 class the entire time. Better system imo

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• andreika111andreika111 Member UncommonPosts: 88
    Originally posted by Randayn

there was no FFA loot on toons.  I've played this game a few times and really loved it (and im typically a care-bear pve only player) but didnt mind the pvp aspect of the game because most of the people I ran into in the game were fairly mature.

The only thing I didnt like or understand about the game was FFA looting....

Can there not be server where FFA looting is turned off?  I'd join in a heartbeat...

If your first mmo were Ultima Online, you would understand this awesome feature

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Some real classy responses up in here.  I'm all in favour of a full loot pvp game if it keeps the people making those responses there and away from the rest of us.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Ginaz
    Some real classy responses up in here.  I'm all in favour of a full loot pvp game if it keeps the people making those responses there and away from the rest of us.

Yet, Its always you types coming to our games demanding change!!!imageYou dont see the PK types going to Care-a-lot requesting a real PvP server.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Originally posted by Hancakes

Yet, Its always you types coming to our games demanding change!!!imageYou dont see the PK types going to Care-a-lot requesting a real PvP server.

Thanks for making my point.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Hancakes

Thanks for making my point.

You had one? Btw... Don't you mean proving your point? image

Thanks for stopping by Funshine. image