Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well, the community has spoken...

2»

Comments

• defector1968defector1968 Member UncommonPosts: 469
    Originally posted by SneakyRussian

Did you look at your own poll incorrectly? WoW is like 16% and GW2 is like 40%, or are you ignoring GW2?

Also, allowing someone else choose your next game is rediculous. What 50,000 people like you most likely won't. I'm bouncing around games at (DAOC, EQ, FPS games) while I wait for a half decent game to come out.

He said his opinion. The poll was created when the thread created so nobody knew the results.

the 3rd option was made for those that arent playing wow or gw2 and wait for other MMOs. If ppl play wow or gw2 and vote the wait for another MMO, they vote incorectly.

fan of SWG, XCOM, Defiance, Global Agenda, Need For Speed, all Star Wars single player games. And waiting the darn STAR CITIZEN
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Dibdabs 

Such as?  You're implying there's a lot of things wrong with it, yet I haven't noticed anything game-breaking or even irritating in the game. Admittedly there's sections of the game I have yet to play in depth, such as PvP and dungeons, so maybe the flaws you percieve are in those areas.  Your own poll shows that people would prefer to play GW2 instead of WoW: MoP, so I am genuinely curious about your list of "all the negartive things" that "plague" GW2.

Just visit Hellion forrest in the iron marches and try the HQ there. There are ways of actually completing it but dont tell me you aint annoyed by it.

Once you pass 40 the broken DEs also gets more common and annoying.

Dont get me wrong, love the game but there are things that still needs fixing. And no, the day I buy MoP will indeed be a cold day in hell.

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Originally posted by Razeekster

A lot of people are happy that Guild Wars 2 doesn't have raids for endgame. I know I am. I'm sick of every MMOs endgame consisting of ginding raids for endgame gear. How is that fun at all? Especially after playing tons of theme parks with the same exact endgame concept...It's not fun. 

I hope ArenaNet keeps it that way too. The whole point of Guild Wars 2 is to not have a ton of grind. Raids would completely ruin that.

"yeah, let's replace endgame raids and dungeons with........nothing...yeah, absolutely nothing...." - ANet director of devs

"brilliant!!!!!!!!  You are a genius" - Asskissing sidekick

(under his breath) - "what the fuck?" - the janitor

Don't know why anyone would think this is great?  This is definitely one of those instances where less is NOT more.

• OberholzerOberholzer Member Posts: 498
    I don't think the OP likes playing MMO's, just making polls about MMO's.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Oberholzer

I have a feeling he isnt too happy about the outcome of this one though. 

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by Randayn

A lot of people are happy that Guild Wars 2 doesn't have raids for endgame. I know I am. I'm sick of every MMOs endgame consisting of ginding raids for endgame gear. How is that fun at all? Especially after playing tons of theme parks with the same exact endgame concept...It's not fun. 

I hope ArenaNet keeps it that way too. The whole point of Guild Wars 2 is to not have a ton of grind. Raids would completely ruin that.

"yeah, let's replace endgame raids and dungeons with........nothing...yeah, absolutely nothing...." - ANet director of devs

Don't know why anyone would think this is great?  This is definitely one of those instances where less is NOT more.

Or... they decided to have dungeons and replace raiding with an open party system for World Bosses and other high level events.

"It is better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Or... they decided to have dungeons and replace raiding with an open party system for World Bosses and other high level events.

"It is better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

you should take your own advice seeing as you can do most of the dungeons and World bosses prior to reaching level 80.  Do not count content that can be done prior to endgame as endgame content....it just isn't.....

you should take your own advice seeing as you can do most of the dungeons and World bosses prior to reaching level 80.  Do not count content that can be done prior to endgame as endgame content....it just isn't.....

It's all endgame content my friend, you never out level it. But I was specifically speaking about the level 80 content. You did know these existed right? Or did you think the zones ended at 30?

They exists and are an enormous ammount of fun lol...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3vqSWobNLU

It's all endgame content my friend, you never out level it. But I was specifically speaking about the level 80 content. You did know these existed right? Or did you think the zones ended at 30?

Please name content that exhists that you can only do at level 80?  Please don't include crafting and exploration....

Please name content that exhists that you can only do at level 80?  Please don't include crafting and exploration....

lol... you mean besides the level 80 world bosses such as the one in the video I linked, and Explore mode for HoW, CoE, and Arah story and Exp modes?

I mean... how much do I have to list before you're willing to admit it exists? You can blindly go off what you've heard some troll say if you want. I am simply telling you that you are incorrect and showing you proof of that fact lol.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    No one's surprised that you picked WoW or that you're bashing GW2.  I saw this coming the moment that thread went up.

Yeah, the OP was rather expected.

Good luck on your adventure, Kop!

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• IndolIndol Member Posts: 189
    Play what you want to play.
  • sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Originally posted by Kopogero

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/365469/I-give-up-Pick-my-future-MMORPG-on-September-25th.html

Despite hoping to involve myself in a sandbox MMORPG, I'm forced to go back to a themepark. I flipped the coin between two themeparks.... and WOW came up.

Will I get milked by Blizzard? Sure I will. At least Blizzard was innovative back in 2004 and brought the themepark to a whole new level. I'm sure the majority of this community who voted GW2 would've been playing WOW still or return to it eventually cuz sure both MMORPG's are meaningless as any other themepark, at least WOW has better endgame imo. 

GW2 endgame is what? I don't remember seeing quality raiding close to what WOW offers. Raiding is engaging, and most important people come together and socialize to overcome a challenges.

PvP is also there, just like in GW2, but PvP has always been a sidekick to themepark designed MMORPG's. I sure had some fun playing DCUO for free, another themepark fully voiced MMORPG with PvP and raiding, but the raids were not even close to the raids WOW has. DCUO raids were very short with far less bosses and lacked complexity.

So let the poll show "Would u be playing WOW: MOP if $ was not issue or still stick to GW2?" If so your welcome to share to the community what edge at endgame GW2 has over WOW.

I hope the community will be honest ;)

Bashing GW2 again?  Praising WOW again?  I for one am shcoked and didnt see this one coming.  ;)

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Tried to go back to WoW but that didn't work out too well. I think I wasted $100 worth of gems in gw2 so that ripped me off the most but I'm playing it. I don't really like raiding in WoW. I'm too used of gw2 to go back to any game like WoW now as I can't get back into it and having fun with gw2 anyways.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Sylvarii
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    No one's surprised that you picked WoW or that you're bashing GW2.  I saw this coming the moment that thread went up.

And i'm not suppried you are the first to answer this thread,how do you find the time to play your bestest game.

Anyway OP,i voted the third option.

And I'm not surprised you're up my ass with a microscope again, nor that you missed that I'm currently unable to play GW2 due to technical issues with my gaming pc, even after I said so yesterday.

My point still stands, anyone who didn't expect this outcome was kidding themselves.  You can see how a few posters agree with me already.  But I've said what I came to say, I'm just putting the OP on block because it's always the same thing.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

hahaha seems about the norm around these forums though.. lots of people who don't enjoy playing MMOs just lots who like to complain about them:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• smh_alotsmh_alot Member Posts: 976
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

hahaha seems about the norm around these forums though.. lots of people who don't enjoy playing MMOs just lots who like to complain about them:)

Well, there's a certain logic to it :)

The only resort for those who can't seem to enjoy themselves anymore in MMO's is hang around on MMO forums, complaining about how they can't enjoy themselves anymore in MMO's.

Some'll realize when their frustration and lack of having fun remains after each new MMO, how futile it is and check out of MMO's entirely, getting on with the other aspects of their life. While others apparently can keep up talking about their boredom with MMO's and complaining about it all for years after years.
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    I wouldn't mind going up your... lol anyways. Up your teamspeak channel that is since my name sometimes start with an a so I'm UP on the list. Lol.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

I see comments about how WoW has so much endgame grind...

Have any of you looked at GW2's "endgame" grind?  I quit GW2 already for a few reasons:

1)  Endgame grind is redic...  Token farming like any/every other MMO only 100x worse.  At least in wow you have 1 token to farm from any dungeon, while in GW2 you have to farm each individual dungeon 100's of times.

2)  Group finding is horrid.  I spent about a week logging in every hour or two and sitting mostly AFK at dungeon entrance for top level dungeon spamming the local chat channel for a group or members to start a group and didn't get shit.  Telling me I have no choice but to join a guild is not acceptable.

3)  All the "go back and play low level content" arguments get old fast.  You can go and explore and quest in all the wow zones for achievements as well...  Same with EQ2...  GW2 is not special in this area. 

Simply put, I got max level in GW2 and I couldn't find any enjoyment to keep my playing.  Couldn't find groups to run instances, got tired of running to the same zone events where you have tons of players in a cluster f*ck trying to tag every mob for kill credit...

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

In GW2 the sidekicking system allows you to play other low level areas while keeping it challenging...so that´s an end-game addition + explorable dungeons (3 paths for each of the 8 dungeons) so YES,there is End game content,tittles,crafting legendary weapons & armors...

Farming  1000 times a Raid in WoW makes it not a better deal for End-game....at least not for me,ty.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    Originally posted by Kopogero

GW2 endgame is what? I don't remember seeing quality raiding close to what WOW offers. Raiding is engaging, and most important people come together and socialize to overcome a challenges.

seems like this is just a lets say nice things about MOP thread more than anythiong else.  GW2 does not have raiding, everyone knows that. 

If your idea of fun is grinding  to X level so you can run the same instance repeatedly, then rinse and repeat when that gear is outdated the WOW is your ideal game. Some of are tired of the fear treadmill and wnt the journey to max level to be the fun part. GW2 is more a thinking persons game, not a you stand here in one spot and hammer the keys game while running the same dungeon week after week after week.

have fun with your panda

I miss DAoC

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Jackdog
    GW2 is more a thinking persons game, not a you stand here in one spot and hammer the keys game while running the same dungeon week after week after week.

You'll probably get flamed for that.  The way I see it, GW2 is a thinking person's game if you WANT it to be, and depending on how much you want to run back to an event or instance from waypoints... for example, you can play Team Fortress 2 by mashing buttons and not caring about strategy, and you're guaranteed to be respawning more often.  But you don't have to die as much if you bother to learn the game and more importantly, your class/profession.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    GW2. No content gated by a gear treadmill. Graphics are not horribly dated as they are with WoW. 
This discussion has been closed.