Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vaporware?

AshluraAshlura Member UncommonPosts: 127

I've been watching this game for awhile just waiting and watching and sitting back quietly.

No publisher for the US yet?

Might end up Vaporware for us. If you look at the main site, there's no US forum to get an active community going. Do they even intend on coming this way? It appears they dont. It seems the fans want it and thats it.

Any information out here that is factual about the game coming West? If so, why do they not build up the Western community on their official site if this is their real intentions?

Comments

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by Ashlura

I've been watching this game for awhile just waiting and watching and sitting back quietly.

Might end up Vaporware for us. If you look at the main site, there's no US forum to get an active community going. Do they even intend on coming this way? It appears they dont. It seems the fans want it and thats it.

Any information out here that is factual about the game coming West? If so, why do they not build up the Western community on their official site if this is their real intentions?

Why would they 12 months or more likely longer before release, they will release in the east without doubt, that alone means it is not vapourware. The company have said repeatedly it has been designed to be released in the west, I suggest you learn to sit patiently until nearer release time or failing that, learn Korean.

• AshluraAshlura Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Originally posted by RefMinor

Why would they 12 months or more likely longer before release, they will release in the east without doubt, that alone means it is not vapourware. The company have said repeatedly it has been designed to be released in the west, I suggest you learn to sit patiently until nearer release time or failing that, learn Korean.

Why such hostility?

Why wouldnt they is the question.

Every game I have ever seen has focused on their community building, advertisement, and getting involved with the places they actually plan to release their game at. I cant think of any that dont a year out. Some games focus 5 years out and then some.

WoW

Rift

SWG

I would go down the list of games that have actually focused on creating excitement far more than 12 months out. It's simple advertising.

The truth is, they arent looking to release in the US. People just want it to.

• revy66revy66 Member Posts: 464
    The publisher for the US will do these things, not the developer.
  • ozerinxozerinx Member UncommonPosts: 200

Yeah and this game is no where close to being release even in all of Asia. There are a ton of bugs/changes they are doing based on beta tester feedbacks so it is not as punishing for players that enjoy the "sims" factor of the game. 

Before someone can spend weeks on their house and some dude can come destroy it in a matter or minutes. 

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    They are browsing for publishers.  I work for one of them and I was pretty surprise to find the Korean client on my company's network drive.  Typically, only shitty free to play companies publish Korean games, with a handful of exceptions like Ncsoft.  I think that they are strruggling to find a NA publisher because they are probably asking for a lot, seeing how the game looks very well made.
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Something I read previously was that they are expanding to Russia first. So once it is released in Asia, it will most likely go to Russia, and then *hopefully* North America. Some would question why they would go to Russia first.. I would say it's because we are fickle and have very high expectations.. so high that very few companies can deliver. Even when a decent game does come out.. people can't just play it. It has to be put under a microscope and evaluated in every way before it can be labeled as fun. Kinda sad honestly..
  • BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440
    It has been stated it will come to the West. Also the rumor is NCsoft may publish. Might not be a bad deal if they turn out to be the publisher.
  • CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532
    The current MMO market in the west is very volatile and investor unfriendly with the failure out at least perceived failures of several titles recently. As a major project from an unknown developer, regardless what the team did in the past, XLGames is an unknown, leaving publishers gun shy. I sincerely hope a brave and good publisher steps forward soon and rescues us f from this MMO mediocrity we are currently afflicted with.
  • muchavezmuchavez Member UncommonPosts: 199
    Why such hostility?

Why wouldnt they is the question.

Because it was a stupid question dont try to act all innocent when you come onto a forum crying vaporware.

The truth is, they arent looking to release in the US. People just want it to.

This is an  interview with XL games says they will be releasing to the US,

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/06/07/e3-2012-archeage-coo-on-cbt4-and-coming-to-america/

do you have any evidence that they wont be? or are you just making stuff up.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

I said this before many moons ago :p --> Get cracking on your Korean. I think it would be faster to learn Korean than wait on an English release.

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144

Why such hostility?

Probably because you have no idea how to use the term.   

If the game never releases in US, it's Vaporware for everyone in the US. Its not using the term wrong. Its actually the definition. A computer related program that never releases or is never in retail for consumers to purchase. Sorry if I didnt use the term to your specifications. I guess the title should have said "Vaporware for US?"

I get all the die hard fans here. I am too. I'm just old and my faith and hope is run down in the MMO world.

We did finally see Darkfall release so I guess there's hope right? 5-7 years down the road we can get r done. Cant wait!

Heres what Ill do. 5 years from now. Ill come back and Ill bring this post up again and my only reply will be:

Told you

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

If the game never releases in US, it's Vaporware for everyone in the US. Its not using the term wrong. Its actually the definition. A computer related program that never releases or is never in retail for consumers to purchase. Sorry if I didnt use the term to your specifications. I guess the title should have said "Vaporware for US?"

I get all the die hard fans here. I am too. I'm just old and my faith and hope is run down in the MMO world.

We did finally see Darkfall release so I guess there's hope right? 5-7 years down the road we can get r done. Cant wait!

Heres what Ill do. 5 years from now. Ill come back and Ill bring this post up again and my only reply will be:

Told you

You're still using the term incorrectly.

It's not vaporware.

By your definition WoW is vaporware, because it didn't release on Mars.

There are much better ways to ask about this coming to the USA without seeming foolish.

• PresbytierPresbytier Member UncommonPosts: 424
    ArcheAge like many Asian designed games are first and foremost concerned with their immediate markets. That being said they have been quoted as saying they would like to release it in the west after they have released it in their own market first(they as of yet do not have a western publisher for the game). Here is what most likely is going they need to make sure the game is sustainable in their own market before stretching their resources for a wester(most likely retooled) version of the game. Don't expect this one anytime in the next year or two.

"Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game."-Guybrush Threepwood
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."-Hunter S. Thompson

Originally posted by kadepsyson

Told you

You're still using the term incorrectly.

It's not vaporware.

There are much better ways to ask about this coming to the USA without seeming foolish.

Right. Great point. I should've used a different word. Regardless, its a word and doesnt change the point that its vapor for US. Is that better? Vapor... a Dream. Something that is based off of hope not reality. Something that is not tangible for US players.

Does it really matter that much?

Communication is about getting a point of view from one person to the next so people understand your point. Did you not understand the point I was making? Really?

If not, then who is really foolish?

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

Right. Great point. I should've used a different word. Regardless, its a word and doesnt change the point that its vapor for US. Is that better? Vapor... a Dream. Something that is based off of hope not reality. Something that is not tangible for US players.

Communication is about getting a point of view from one person to the next so people understand your point. Did you not understand the point I was making? Really?

And you understood my point, that you were using a bad term for the situation, and instead should have said something like "ArcheAge: Will it ever come to USA?"

Seeing as how we both understood each other, I guess we've communicated rather well :)

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

And you understood my point, that you were using a bad term for the situation, and instead should have said something like "ArcheAge: Will it ever come to USA?"

Seeing as how we both understood each other, I guess we've communicated rather well :)

I wish I could give you forum points or something ;)

I chose not to. So it didnt matter because you saw the point I was making. Glad you finally admitted that you understood. You were just here to be a dick.

• wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629

ROFLMAO

Sentence worthy of a forum sig

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517
    Originally posted by darwa

I wish I could give you forum points or something ;)

This +1 to both Kade and darwa

• cnutempcnutemp Member UncommonPosts: 230

So if a developer says they are releasing to the west and they don't pick a publisher fast enough >for your sake< that means the game is vaporware?  Thats not a very realistic expectation.  You're basically taking an opinion in your head and placing it above written fact from the game developer.

• cnutempcnutemp Member UncommonPosts: 230

Told you

You may not have to wait 5 years

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

Hahaha +1 for great necro.

What a nubcake that ashlura guy

• VarossVaross Moderator UncommonPosts: 11,414
    Please don't necro old threads.
    To give feedback on moderation, please contact [email protected]
This discussion has been closed.