Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Customer Unsupported

UngoHumungoUngoHumungo Member Posts: 518

First I must start by saying I love GW2 the game is in my opinion masterfully done.  That being said I have some behind the scenes complaints which I find just plain out unacceptable, I will continue to play GW2 however if these problems are not being addressed soon I may reconsider my stand.  Mainly I sent a ticket in the opening day of prerelease because the Tome of Influence I got from ordering the Deluxe Edition did not add Influence to my guild, I made the guild and at the time I was the only one in it.  Then my friends start joining the guild and 3 of their 4 tome of influences did not effect our guilds influence this is when I submitted the second part to my ticket.  Well here it is a month and three days later and I have still not heard from GW2 support, a brief message telling me that my ticket was received but they are addressing hacking issues as priority.  We had plans and a schedule for our influence which we paid for, we just now a month later reached the goal we wanted, planned, and payed for we feel irrepairable damage has been done we had hoped to have feature to offer new players at release but now the amount of people on my server looking for an active guild has dwindled.  And I feel that if they do decide to give me my points, which I will take, it will be too little too late.  I remember an issue I had in WoW when it first came out I accidentally deleted my heart stone, which I know now is not a big deal but back then I thouht it was the end, so I sent in a ticket and within 2-3 hours I had been contacted by a very helpful GM who did their best not to laugh at me and fixed my issue.

I just want to know if this is a trend are others experiencing problems like this from GW2 support?

There are times when one must ask themselves is it my passion that truly frightens you? Or your own?

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Well first, this is a newly released title, and they do have their hands full dealing with all the hacking issues as well as battling bots and gold farmers/spammers/sellers.

I can see where your issue is likely impacting a small number of players and would be much lower on the priority list.

Also, lets face it, this title has no sub fee, so they have to be careful not to ramp up too many customer support folks until they're sure the budget supports it.  I read they recently added a bunch (28?) new CS reps, and they may add more if sales remain strong either from new purchases or the cash shop.

So far it appears CS is one of the titles weak spots, which I'm sure will get sorted out in time, even if not soon enough to meet your influence plan.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• UngoHumungoUngoHumungo Member Posts: 518

Yeah I agree that its a new game but for the implied loss of revenue I would whole heartedly disagree, personally, I've spent about 120 bucks on gems and I think there are players on my server who has spent thousands, so their revenue is probably actually much much higher than a subscription.  It's more that in my extensive catalog of MMORPGs that I have played I have never waited longer than 3-5 days for a response on a game ticket.  Its very apparent that the weak point in GW2 is customer service, which by my experience barely exists.  As for my schedule there are actually far more players in my guild than just the ones I mentioned those are just the people I am aware of that have the problem, and their indivual tickets have been in equally as long and they have yet to even get a response from a GM.  GW2 this message is to you "Customer Support needs to level up.  They are weak and elite mobs are coming."  but I will still play GW2 because I believe its the superior game atm

There are times when one must ask themselves is it my passion that truly frightens you? Or your own?

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by UngoHumungo

Yeah I agree that its a new game but for the implied loss of revenue I would whole heartedly disagree, personally, I've spent about 120 bucks on gems and I think there are players on my server who has spent thousands, so their revenue is probably actually much much higher than a subscription.  It's more that in my extensive catalog of MMORPGs that I have played I have never waited longer than 3-5 days for a response on a game ticket.  Its very apparent that the weak point in GW2 is customer service, which by my experience barely exists.  As for my schedule there are actually far more players in my guild than just the ones I mentioned those are just the people I am aware of that have the problem, and their indivual tickets have been in equally as long and they have yet to even get a response from a GM.  GW2 this message is to you "Customer Support needs to level up.  They are weak and elite mobs are coming."  but I will still play GW2 because I believe its the superior game atm

Have you posted in either of these threads?

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/account/Tickets-for-Review-5-days-and-older-merged

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/account/Players-Awaiting-Help-merged/

• UngoHumungoUngoHumungo Member Posts: 518
    nope I have not thank you man this seems to be an avenue I didn't know about

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

First I must start by saying I love GW2 the game is in my opinion masterfully done.  That being said I have some behind the scenes complaints which I find just plain out unacceptable, I will continue to play GW2 however if these problems are not being addressed soon I may reconsider my stand.  Mainly I sent a ticket in the opening day of prerelease because the Tome of Influence I got from ordering the Deluxe Edition did not add Influence to my guild, I made the guild and at the time I was the only one in it.  Then my friends start joining the guild and 3 of their 4 tome of influences did not effect our guilds influence this is when I submitted the second part to my ticket.  Well here it is a month and three days later and I have still not heard from GW2 support, a brief message telling me that my ticket was received but they are addressing hacking issues as priority.  We had plans and a schedule for our influence which we paid for, we just now a month later reached the goal we wanted, planned, and payed for we feel irrepairable damage has been done we had hoped to have feature to offer new players at release but now the amount of people on my server looking for an active guild has dwindled.  And I feel that if they do decide to give me my points, which I will take, it will be too little too late.  I remember an issue I had in WoW when it first came out I accidentally deleted my heart stone, which I know now is not a big deal but back then I thouht it was the end, so I sent in a ticket and within 2-3 hours I had been contacted by a very helpful GM who did their best not to laugh at me and fixed my issue.

I just want to know if this is a trend are others experiencing problems like this from GW2 support?

Yes, the ingame support is unfortunately almost nonexistend. I too recall how in WOW a GM would solve an issue within hours. In GW2 I had a severe issue, stopping my story quest, and even for two weeks no GM appeared or did anything to help me.

At least to my experience the support ingame is horrible. :/

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• ZezdaZezda Member UncommonPosts: 686
    Originally posted by Elikal

Yes, the ingame support is unfortunately almost nonexistend. I too recall how in WOW a GM would solve an issue within hours. In GW2 I had a severe issue, stopping my story quest, and even for two weeks no GM appeared or did anything to help me.

At least to my experience the support ingame is horrible. :/

WoW's support in game was non-existant at launch and ticket times were well over a week on average. They've had the benefit of being able to shift their workforce around over the years to make sure they focus enough on CS.

ArenaNet will be ramping their CS department for sure but they will still be spending a lot more on development time than they want since they are still polishing and getting bugfixes out the door. Give it a bit of time to settle and things should be a lot better than what they are at the moment.

• SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472

i love the theroy - customer support will be WAY better once we have no customers

<3

SZ

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

not a trend at all for me. they worked with me from day one to find out why my game was crashing. we discovered that since i was new to putting together pc's from scratch i didn't setup my memory and cpu properly and it causes issues with everything including connectivity and the games processing data.

My roommate who is a tech for a living varified it and now we will be working to figure out just what i need to do to set this up properly since windows doesn't do it for me. (Never had this issue with mac, they worked right out of the box and the OS did all of the dirty work.)

Anyways, my point is that these support people contacted me just about every day to gather the data they needed to complete my ticket. I find it odd that you would let an entire month go buy for someting like this. I would have been on the horn repeatedly submitting a new response until someone answered with something other then "please wait".