Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In my opinion, GW2 is what SWTOR shouldve been..........

124»

Comments

• eggy08eggy08 Member Posts: 525
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79
    Originally posted by Draemos
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79
    Originally posted by Draemos
    Originally posted by Paddyspub

I think GW2 is a fun game,  I cant play mmos as much as I use too due to my job and social so probably wont even do any raiding or endgame stuff like I did in Wow.   Even so, GW2 is pretty nice, the graphics/art/style are good, gameplay is smooth, sound/voice work are well done.      I did play SWTOR but I quit well before the 1st month came up due to the games so many problems and lack of even basic mmo features.   There is a reason SWTOR is going to F2P in less than 10 months with a $150-300 million budget but that is another topic. 

Graphics (Wildlife, swimming, moving NPCS, etc)------------GW2 > SWTOR

Sound (Voice acting, background noise, music)---------------GW2 > SWTOR

Basic (or more) MMO features at launch-------------------------GW2 > SWTOR

Better Race (species) selection and Character Customization----------GW2 > SWTOR

Non-crap AH with easy UI---------------------------------------------GW2 > SWTOR

Loading screens that dont take forever----------------------------GW2 > SWTOR

Better Guild and Social options and features--------------------GW2 > SWTOR

Better CS support--------------------------------------------------------GW2 >  SWTOR

As you can see, GW2 pretty much owns SWTOR in every way, except the SW lP.    The only way SW can make a comeback is maybe a diffferent company makes a new, more sandbox-ey SW MMO and doesnt let EA ruin it.  Or SoE can do a SWG reboot.    Even SWG is better than SWTOR.   And this is coming from someone who was a big SWTOR fanboy a year ago.   My 2 cents.  

Considering the leveling experience is SWTOR kicks the shit out of GW2, and you only played SWTOR for a month (which is before SWTORs terrible end-game comes into play), I'd have to say I'd trust your taste in games about as far as I can throw you.

SWTOR has it's problems.  The first month of gameplay isn't amongst them.

I don't know, the tired quest grind leveling in SWTOR sucked to me, but to each their own. 

GW2 is a quest grind... it's just doesn't have exclamation points.

Tell me something, if I sold you a blender and put a sticky note that said toaster on it... would you believe it's a toaster?  

I'm sorry, you seem to be under the impression I've leveled doing hearts or something. Let me correct you, I haven't lol. I cleared the first zone but haven't done a single heart since. Why? Because theres no need to. 

So, sure slap a sticker on a blender and call it a toaster if you want and it will simply be as off as your assumptions lol. 

But hey, thanks for playing. As a consolation prize why don't you take home the home version of our game!

I can believe that. Specially since WvW gives you a good amount of exp. You can easily get a crap ton of level from crafting. And although you don't get the big reward at the end of the zone, exploration still gives you a decent amount of experience too. This game isn't a quest grind, it can be played like one sure, but there are a lot of ways to level besides quests.

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    Originally posted by Pelaaja
    Originally posted by Draron

I really hope you realize those pics of your characters don't look that spectacular to those who have no emotional tie to them (aka. everyone else but you and Star Wars Fans).

Just to mention, GW2 and even old dog LoTRO beats SW:ToR in terms of vistas, so nothing to see there.

I really hope you realize your opinion =/= fact. I'm not looking at the game as a Star Wars fan, and I like SWTOR's art style and look more than GW2 and by far LoTRO. Can chock it up to a matter of taste, I guess. 

Of course it's a matter of taste, otherwise we would be including sources in these conversations.

But you're not entirely sincere with your non-star-wars-fan-attitude. I happened to notice your sweet moment with Sevenstar61 at the SWTOR-forum.

I never said I wasn't a Star Wars fan. I only said I wasn't looking it non-objectively, without taking Star Wars into consideration. Guess that went over your head. 

Uh, that's like saying I have brown eyes but I'm not looking at the world like someone with brown eyes would...

You just can't tell.

Again, your speaking for me. It's not hard to look at the actual gameplay and features of a game without taking the IP it's based on into consideration. There's really no point in saying otherwise.

I can say, for example, that LotRO isn't a good game (to me anyways), and I'm a fan of the movies. 

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by Paddyspub

I think GW2 is a fun game,  I cant play mmos as much as I use too due to my job and social so probably wont even do any raiding or endgame stuff like I did in Wow.   Even so, GW2 is pretty nice, the graphics/art/style are good, gameplay is smooth, sound/voice work are well done.      I did play SWTOR but I quit well before the 1st month came up due to the games so many problems and lack of even basic mmo features.   There is a reason SWTOR is going to F2P in less than 10 months with a $150-300 million budget but that is another topic. 

Graphics (Wildlife, swimming, moving NPCS, etc)------------GW2 > SWTOR

Sound (Voice acting, background noise, music)---------------GW2 > SWTOR

Basic (or more) MMO features at launch-------------------------GW2 > SWTOR

Better Race (species) selection and Character Customization----------GW2 > SWTOR

Non-crap AH with easy UI---------------------------------------------GW2 > SWTOR

Loading screens that dont take forever----------------------------GW2 > SWTOR

Better Guild and Social options and features--------------------GW2 > SWTOR

Better CS support--------------------------------------------------------GW2 >  SWTOR

As you can see, GW2 pretty much owns SWTOR in every way, except the SW lP.    The only way SW can make a comeback is maybe a diffferent company makes a new, more sandbox-ey SW MMO and doesnt let EA ruin it.  Or SoE can do a SWG reboot.    Even SWG is better than SWTOR.   And this is coming from someone who was a big SWTOR fanboy a year ago.   My 2 cents.  

GW2 not even minimally own nobody, especially not swtor. But Gw2 for sure is one of the most fun games I have played. Said so after only a week into gw2.

Ah, btw, my comments are never in releation to pvp or end game, two areas I could not care less. For the rest i find fun in anything from questing to crafting or just exploring.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Originally posted by Tayah
    GW2 feels like a living, breathing world, SWTOR, felt like a dead zone in every zone you went into. There was just no feeling of care put into the games environments.

This.

Just compare Coruscant and Divinity's Reach. The second is a real town, a place where people can live, the first is just another level grind full of enemies which doesn't feel like a town at all.

I'm a big Star Wars fan. I own the movies on VHS, one DVD, and now on Blu-Ray. I have a ton of Star Wars books too. But SW:TOR failed to deliver what I was waiting from a Star Wars themed MMORPG. Sure, there are some amazing planets, like Tatooine or Alderaan, but even there, they somewhat failed... no night and day cycle on Tatooine? Bleh.

Loved the time I played SW:TOR, don't get me wrong. The game get's a solid 8/10 from me for the first couple of months. Playing one character on each side to 50 was good fun. But then it's over... it's the same boring dungeon grind than WoW, only worse, and the PvP just sucks, no other word for it.

SW:TOR leveling experience (the first time): 8/10.

SW:TOR leveling experience after the first character on each side: 6/10.

SW:TOR end game: 5/10.

GW2 is without any doubt (for me, opinion) a way superior game, with much higher replayability. And don't get me started on PvP... =)

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• WendettaWendetta Member Posts: 30
    ---

Again, your speaking for me. It's not hard to look at the actual gameplay and features of a game without taking the IP it's based on into consideration. There's really no point in saying otherwise.

I can say, for example, that LotRO isn't a good game (to me anyways), and I'm a fan of the movies. 

Dude, he is personally attacking you and derailing the thread with personal attacks combined with off topic BS. Why are you giving a damn about what he thinks about your personal tastes? He is pulling you into a conversation that shouldnt even be in this thread.

Report the troll and move on without feeling the need to respond to obnoxious posters. That is why you have the report feature in the first place.

Proud Member of the A.F-D-A. [Anti Fanboy-Defense-Army]Association for a Better Tomorrow or [A.F-D-A.]AfaBT, in short.