Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PvE server for darkfall UW?

Comments

• znaiikaznaiika Member Posts: 203
    Originally posted by popsmoke
    Ok if there is a flag option I wouldn't play it, are you happy?

Yes I would be happy with flag option and I would play DF=U too.

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

For those asking why not: I think you're wrong about the impact on the PvP server players experience.  I think it will have a huge mpact  to all those players.  The largest being that namely your going to divide your community.  You are now going to force yourself into a continuous PvP vs. PvE debate.  While this may be good for the folks that want PvE servers this tends to usually bite PvP players in the ass (see AoC for example).

At the end of the day, the Aventurine team has a vision for their game that matches what I would like to see in a title.  if the addition of PvE servers caused the watering down of said game or any of its features for the sake of having more subs it wouldn't be the game I wanted so badly.

TL;DR Adding PvE servers would quite possibly split development efforts, increase costs, and water down the core game (sandbox, skill based, PvP) of DFO or DF:UW now I guess.

Steam: Neph

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by znaiika

You cnat possibly be that dim, now stop trolling.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    If this game had just a server for PVE, I highly doubt I would play the game. Besides the game is based off PVP anyways!

No one ask for it to be pve only server, it's iether flag option or two servers pvp and pve servers.

or they stick with the plan and you JUST DONT PLAY  imageimage

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751
    Originally posted by 123443211234

[mod edit]

Yeah I'm hoping that there is a fair bit of trolling going on in this thread, because the alternative, that people are seriously proposing "Darkfall the PVE Experience". Well it's just too mind numbingly ridiculous to even contemplate.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by bunnyhopper
    Originally posted by 123443211234

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I can't believe this thread is still going, OP trolled us so hard.  PVE server in Darkfall pffffft. never gonna happen but it will get us all fired up!

Yeah I'm hoping that there is a fair bit of trolling going on in this thread, because the alternative, that people are seriously proposing "Darkfall the PVE Experience". Well it's just too mind numbingly ridiculous to even contemplate.

I'd say that at 31 pages, the foaming at the mouth has reached epic proportions. ^^  I can't see the point of games like DF or MO, but to each their own. 

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • lovebuglovebug Member UncommonPosts: 260
    well being a big daoc player in the day i used to like pvp but in this game the only thing that stops me from playing it is if you die you lose all ya stuff ?? just could not get my head arounf that 1 :)
  • CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by Hancakes
    If this game had just a server for PVE, I highly doubt I would play the game. Besides the game is based off PVP anyways!

No one ask for it to be pve only server, it's iether flag option or two servers pvp and pve servers.

or they stick with the plan and you JUST DONT PLAY  imageimage

I do not know what tree these people think they're barking up, but talk about picking the wrong fucking one.

I know, let's pick one of the most PVP oriented mmos on the market and see if we can get ourselves a PVE server/flaggin option.

Wow, guys. Get it together. This is a stretch even for these forums.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• ZushakonZushakon Member UncommonPosts: 148
    Originally posted by lovebug
    well being a big daoc player in the day i used to like pvp but in this game the only thing that stops me from playing it is if you die you lose all ya stuff ?? just could not get my head arounf that 1 :)

No, just they stuff you've got on you, most of your stuff will be kept in your bank. Makes the game like 1000 times more thrilling and exciting than the rest of the games out there though.

Don't be too attached, it's just pixels :3

Darkfall Unholy Wars:
    Zushakon Odi

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by Zushakon

No, just they stuff you've got on you, most of your stuff will be kept in your bank. Makes the game like 1000 times more thrilling and exciting than the rest of the games out there though.

Yeah, really.

It's not a big deal to have multiple replacements in the bank for anything you may happen to lose at any given time in a game like this.

The same 'ol applies here; bank often and only venture out with what you are comfortably willing to risk. It's much less painful than many people realize. 

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738

What do you not understand?

An optional PvP flag system works in a non-pvp oriented game.  This is a PvP game, so it does not work. 

If you are not happy with PvP you are seriously looking at the wrong game.

When you log on WoW and you hate PvP so much... you do not create characters on PvP servers do you?  Or if you do... does WoW let you flag yourself for PvE only?

You know why PvP servers work on WoW... because the game is not oriented around PvP, PvP is an option there because it does not impact the purpose of the game it just adds another element to it .  Adding PvE only players on a PvP server takes away....

It would not be fair to have people that risk losing gear, money, mats, etc to compete in a market against players who do not.  It is not fair for players who risk being killed as they farm or skillup on NPC and others who do not have the same risk. 

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,100

Anyone arguing that Darkfall should have a PvE server is in the wrong forum. End of story.

• cyriciancyrician Member UncommonPosts: 189

Hello all I played the original darkfall almost a year , apart from the horrendous sub fee I found the community to b brilliant . After finding some like minded players I learnt the secret to not being tanked every 2 seconds . Darkfall was. Huge place leave the starter towns and live in the wild . 

As far a pve server I disagree it would work and some people would enjoy it and I think it would open up a huge player base but ....

The game wouldn't be darkfall anymore and there is something that makes you play harder with the thought that someone could kill you any moment and trust me I remember having my head phones on hiding in the bushes listening to foot steps hoping the ganker wouldn't find me ... Hehe

Current games;
    Star treck online
    Rift
    Eve online
    Firefall

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Lovebug:

I've not played darkfall, but I have played eve and perpetuum which are also full loot.

Gear just isn't the same thing in those games as it is in games like daoc or gw2 or even more so raid grinders like wow.

Part of the appeal is managing your own risk, in eve i weigh up several factors like
    The security level of where I'm going
    What I'm doing when I get there
    How many friends I will have with me

Then equip a ship I can afford to loose given the odds.

Every time you go out its a gamble, think of the gear you wear as your stake.
  • BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709

My god, please lock this crap thread already.

Useless bullshit discussion, and utterly pointless too. People who still, after 30+ pages, can't understand why DFUW will never have a PvE server or optional PvP need to have their brains replaced.

GTFO of these forums already, we're not interested in your preferences or whether you'll play DFUW or not.

Jesus, some people...

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332
    This thread proves that there is plenty of interest in a Darkfall PvE server. It's something Av should definitely look into in order to bring in additional funds for the game.
    A pve server just wouldn't work.

It would be about as "good" as pvp servers in raid grinder games.

Now something akin to eve with varying security levels might work, but I get the opinion most darkfall fans wouldn't want that either.
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    A pve server just wouldn't work.

It would be about as "good" as pvp servers in raid grinder games.

Now something akin to eve with varying security levels might work, but I get the opinion most darkfall fans wouldn't want that either.

actually, I think they have somethink like EVE's SL in the works for DF:UW. For NPC racial cities at least.

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751
    Originally posted by Atlan99
    This thread proves that there is plenty of interest in a Darkfall PvE server. It's something Av should definitely look into in order to bring in additional funds for the game.

I'll give you 1/10 for making me respond to an obvious troll post.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• FluteFlute Member UncommonPosts: 455
    In fairness, it is worth noting that there is a healthy discussion on the Darkfall forums about whether or not Aventurine should add more mechanisms to protect players who prefer a non-pvp gaming environment, by including a Highsec / Trammel equivalent or (more likely) making improvements to the alignment system used in Df 1.0.
    Gala I might be interested in playing then.

If its half way between df1 and eve / perpetuum, I admit with the skill based combat it sounds awesome.

Just hope there's some good UK clans.
    alignment would work synergistically with a Security system, they're not separate mechanisms...
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Gala I might be interested in playing then.

If its half way between df1 and eve / perpetuum, I admit with the skill based combat it sounds awesome.

Just hope there's some good UK clans.

it's definitely worth a try, and this is coming from someone who isn't into PvP. The feeling of being able to do whatever you want cannot be found in any other game that I've played.

There was a blog post by the developers at some point where they stated they wanted to make NPC racial cities (i.e. cities where alignmnent matters) a no-PvP zone regardless of guild relations (in the current game, a member belonging to a guild that is at war with another guild will not trigger the security towers inside an NPC city if attacked by an opposing guild member).

• CrucialCrucial Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Game that split servers in PvE and PvP is PvE game, Darkfall is a PvP focused game, so I think that this requisition is stupid, just my opinion.

Can you imagine a Darkfall without siege? without political aspect? without risk?

In UO these types of requisition gave us Trammel, I don't think that Trammel was a good thing for UO as I think that PvE server isn't a good thing for Darkfall.

Darkfall isn't for everyone, have alot of game with this focus, I never ask in LOTRO, SWTOR, GW2, etc a full loot PvP server, why these carebear ask a PvE server in Darkfall? Accept the risk or go out, it's the core feature of the game.

Sorry for my english, isn't my first language.
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by Cecropia
    Originally posted by Zushakon

Yeah, really.

It's not a big deal to have multiple replacements in the bank for anything you may happen to lose at any given time in a game like this.

The same 'ol applies here; bank often and only venture out with what you are comfortably willing to risk. It's much less painful than many people realize. 

Much like in EVE. Don't fly what you can't afford to replace, its one of the first basics you learn.  Thats as true for PvE mission running, as it is for PvP.  Thats why most of my really expensive battleships never left the hanger. ^^ 

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
This discussion has been closed.