Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PvE server for darkfall UW?

Comments

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

No

I am in favour for safe areas in which PvE like for example instanced dungeons (which I know it is already a stretch for DF fanboys), but an entire server with no PvP is a no go area.

DF doesn't make sense without PvP.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by znaiika
    Originally posted by Hancakes

Its obvious you have comprehesion issues so I'll spell out a few.

Following and reporting real players movements

Blocking real players

Trainging mobs

Farming resouces in clan controlled areas.

This is not the problem, the main problem is you don't like to share same game with those who don't want to take part in pvp full time.

Ego.

The problem is youre unable to defend your statements and  have been refuted on all points!  The above was another direct reply, yet once again you runaway from the conversation.

You even fail in forum PvP image

• RylahRylah Member UncommonPosts: 194

I would gladly give my money for such entertainment. 

You make no sense. If you do not like the offer of unrestricted PvP everywhere (well almost) with full loot... just don't take it. Debating that you would "gladly" play a game which changes its core design principles is beyond moot.

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

Its obvious you have comprehesion issues so I'll spell out a few.

Following and reporting real players movements

Blocking real players

Trainging mobs

Farming resouces in clan controlled areas.

This is not the problem, the main problem is you don't like to share same game with those who don't want to take part in pvp full time.

Ego.

One would think that the people trying to ram their pve only playstyle choice on a pvp specific game, which was never aimed at them in the first place, are the people with the ego problems quite frankly.

Want a pve sandbox? Then go lobby some developers with money to make one from scratch. Don't expect the community of an already existing PVP game to think it such a great idea when you propose that the team running their PVP game should spend time, money and lots of effort fundamentally changing the PVP game just because "ooh but I don't like pvp that much".

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• CelusiosCelusios Member UncommonPosts: 337

Why do people openly come to games advertising and telling you they're hardcore asking for it to be carebear'd down? I never really played DF1 because the grind was not worth my time I felt. Now DF:UW dumbs down its hardcore grind and one man army system and people STILL want it easier.

Honestly, I'm glad its PVP everywhere and i'm not the kind of player to go out of my way hunting people fighting mobs. I feel as though it adds that much more to my fight when i'm constantly watching the mob im attacking along with around me for any players sneaking up.

• vonryan123vonryan123 Member UncommonPosts: 402
    Originally posted by googie23
    its a great way to bring alot of new players into the darkfall world and when they are ready they can come to the PvP server and start a new character. never make an option to transfer from PvE to PvP.

NO NO NO and MORE NO go play some other carebear game if you dont like open loot pvp dont screw it up for the ones that do

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    I think it is funny if the game is in finacial troubles with just OWPvP setting.
  • znaiikaznaiika Member Posts: 203
    Originally posted by bunnyhopper 

Don't expect the community of an already existing PVP game to think it such a great idea when you propose that the team running their PVP game should spend time, money and lots of effort fundamentally changing the PVP game just because "ooh but I don't like pvp that much".

It does not take too much to make pve work on pvp server/game or even have another pve server, they have that flag in the first DF, but only for a short time, all they have to do is to have that flag system wich will devide pvp from pve players turned off by player at any time they wish to, and all players should use same gear and buffs...... developers wont have to make two sets of gear and things.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045

Don't expect the community of an already existing PVP game to think it such a great idea when you propose that the team running their PVP game should spend time, money and lots of effort fundamentally changing the PVP game just because "ooh but I don't like pvp that much".

It does not take too much to make pve work on pvp server/game or even have another pve server, they have that flag in the first DF, but only for a short time, all they have to do is to have that flag system wich will devide pvp from pve players turned off by player at any time they wish to, and all players should use same gear and buffs...... developers wont have to make two sets of gear and things.

How many times does it need to be explained to you? image Why your idea fails has been covered in detail numerous times.

How many times does it need to be explained to you? image Why your idea fails has been covered in detail numerous times.

That is one horrble/unprofessional excuse is already too old.

I did not say change.

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738

That is one horrble/unprofessional excuse is already too old.

I did not say change.

Because that would be the worst game every created.  Go play a wow clone and leave our game alone.

Oh I found something valueable... PVE only mode.

Oh is that a group of people... PVE only mode.

I got good news for ya though.. the character create screen has now PvE... sounds good huh?

@ phatom

Your sig really?

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    No.  It wouldn't even be the same game.

Steam: Neph

Originally posted by vonryan123

@ phatom

Your sig really?

Sorry... should I have a sig that promotes betrayal and no loyalty would that be better for ya.

Originally posted by phantomghost

@ phatom

Your sig really?

Sorry... should I have a sig that promotes betrayal and no loyalty would that be better for ya.

right cause being a racist is much better. ergo the fact mines  a gaming persona

@ phatom

Your sig really?

right cause being a racist is much better. ergo the fact mines  a gaming persona

Yeah it is racist...

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904

@ phatom

Your sig really?

yeah, cuz running around with a gun and shooting someone cuz they hit on your friends sister is loyalty?  and not snitching on a mass murderer of 5 year old children is being loyal.....sorry went off track.

I think that a flag system wouldn't be a bad idea...but....The only thing it will effect though, in a really big way, would be gear.  the gear (cept for the real good stuff) in DF is easy to obtain and you'll have tons of the same thing held in your inventory as I did....this, I believe is part of the full loot idea...it "helps" it to be viable.  If you make any form of PVE then I think all the PVE'er's will have over abundances of gear. 

Also, unless they do EXTREME sweeping changes to the pve content in DF, i really dont think there is enough to keep a PVE only player subbing for too long.

It's a PVP game...just as advertised...there are other PVE games with similar feel to them (as far as the sandboxish feel)....Ryzom, AO (it's a themepark, but not the kind that exhist today)....Im sure there are others, but those are the two I play

• LesrachLesrach Member UncommonPosts: 112
    Originally posted by 123443211234
    NO Everything in Darkfall revolves around pvp and the ability to be killed at any time.  A pve only server would be an entirely different game.  Although the pve in Darkfall is better, harder, and more interesting than any other mmo I've ever played it will never come close to preparing someone for a pvp encounter.  (i.e. your get comfortable and transfer comment)

Why on earth not?

I have played 18 months on EU1 and will be playing DFUW on normal(pvp) server but.

AV could use more money to develop their game and if I've understood right, FFA is the major reason why they don't hit bigger sub-numbers. So how does it hurt you if possibly thousands of gamers would enjoy DF on pve server. I do fear a little that would our pvp servers have enough population if pve would be an option. But.

So what if they wouldn't get the adrenaline rushes that we do on our "true Darkfall" FFA pvp server. But AV would definately make a lot more money, good for everyone, devs/our game, right, if there were servers where Full Loot wouldn't be executed 100%.

Originally posted by Randayn

@ phatom

Your sig really?

yeah, cuz running around with a gun and shooting someone cuz they hit on your friends sister is loyalty?  and not snitching on a mass murderer of 5 year old children is being loyal.....sorry went off track.

I think that a flag system wouldn't be a bad idea...but....The only thing it will effect though, in a really big way, would be gear.  the gear (cept for the real good stuff) in DF is easy to obtain and you'll have tons of the same thing held in your inventory as I did....this, I believe is part of the full loot idea...it "helps" it to be viable.  If you make any form of PVE then I think all the PVE'er's will have over abundances of gear. 

Also, unless they do EXTREME sweeping changes to the pve content in DF, i really dont think there is enough to keep a PVE only player subbing for too long.

It's a PVP game...just as advertised...there are other PVE games with similar feel to them (as far as the sandboxish feel)....Ryzom, AO (it's a themepark, but not the kind that exhist today)....Im sure there are others, but those are the two I play

You can take it anyway you like, I like the quote myself... perfect for pvp.  the only racism I see is coming from others who are making assumptions.

@ phatom

Your sig really?

You can take it anyway you like, I like the quote myself... perfect for pvp.  the only racism I see is coming from others who are making assumptions.

I definitely don't think your sig is racist in any manor...it's a rap lyric...people need to get over that

I just don't think it should be anyone's "words to live by"...it's okay to enjoy the song, but you should never consider lyrics like that to promote loyalty....the first person you need to be loyal to is yourself...the only way to do that is to respect yourself.  when you follow the "words of un-wisdom" in your sig, you're completely disrespecting yourself.

@ phatom

Your sig really?

I definitely don't think your sig is racist in any manor...it's a rap lyric...people need to get over that

I just don't think it should be anyone's "words to live by"...it's okay to enjoy the song, but you should never consider lyrics like that to promote loyalty....the first person you need to be loyal to is yourself...the only way to do that is to respect yourself.  when you follow the "words of un-wisdom" in your sig, you're completely disrespecting yourself.

Never stated it promotes loyalty but the person who complained about my sig... his sig talks about betraying his friends etc.

Yup, disrespecting myself for using the lyrics as my sig on a game forum where I am pro-pvp... don't know if I can live with myself.

• popsmokepopsmoke Member Posts: 4
    If this game had just a server for PVE, I highly doubt I would play the game. Besides the game is based off PVP anyways!
    Originally posted by popsmoke
    If this game had just a server for PVE, I highly doubt I would play the game. Besides the game is based off PVP anyways!

No one ask for it to be pve only server, it's iether flag option or two servers pvp and pve servers.

• popsmokepopsmoke Member Posts: 4
    Ok if there is a flag option I wouldn't play it, are you happy?

@ phatom

Your sig really?

Never stated it promotes loyalty but the person who complained about my sig... his sig talks about betraying his friends etc.

Yup, disrespecting myself for using the lyrics as my sig on a game forum where I am pro-pvp... don't know if I can live with myself.

thanks for putting words in my mouth.

I was talking about the statement you made "should I have a sig that promotes betrayal and no loyalty would that be better for ya."...emphasis on "no loyalty"

This discussion has been closed.