Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

B&S Korea introduces a cash shop.

GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

News by Steparu.com:

http://steparu.com/previews/mmo-rpg-previews/909-blade-a-soul-cash-shop?start=1

Basically the game will have cosmetical outfits and _EXP BOOSTS_ in their cash shop + a monthly payment.

What's worse, these items can be sold in the auction house and thus transformed into in-game currency.

Why, oh WHY! This game sounded so awesome ;(

I guess the only good news about this is that there's a possibility for B2P + CS subscription model in the US/EU.

Comments

• AvisonAvison Member Posts: 350

I don't care about cosmetic things or exp boosts. To each their own. As long as they don't sell things that I hate:

Powerful weapons

Enchant/crafting success up items

etc

• dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362

Still a long way from the current state of the NA Aion or L2 cash shops. Here's hoping B&S doesn't launch with the "Truly Free" model that was used as an alternative to shutting down either of the aforementioned games in the West.

According to the PR-speak FAQ on the website, "NCsoft is actively evaluating what gaming fans in Europe and the United States want, and we are committed to creating a business model that will meet our fans' expectations." 

• jimbiojimbio Member Posts: 11
    did they already said if its going to be f2p or p2p? not sure if i would play it if its going to be p2p.
  • JojinJojin Member UncommonPosts: 120
    Given they stated all gear is cosmetic to begin with so people can look however they want, I don't see this as an issue.
  • L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065
    Originally posted by jimbio
    did they already said if its going to be f2p or p2p? not sure if i would play it if its going to be p2p.

No word yet so far. With these news of adding a cash shop in Korea I'm sorta thinking it might go the GW2 route, as in, B2P with cash shop in NA/EU.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440
    Originally posted by GoldenArrow

News by Steparu.com:

http://steparu.com/previews/mmo-rpg-previews/909-blade-a-soul-cash-shop?start=1

Basically the game will have cosmetical outfits and _EXP BOOSTS_ in their cash shop + a monthly payment.

What's worse, these items can be sold in the auction house and thus transformed into in-game currency.

Why, oh WHY! This game sounded so awesome ;(

I guess the only good news about this is that there's a possibility for B2P + CS subscription model in the US/EU.

There is nothing wrong with this. Infact for some people who do not like to buy things for real money from the cash shop this is good. People can buy the items then resell to players who do not want to use the cashshop. Thus everyone has a chance at these items.

Really I do not understand why people cry because of a cash shop and a sub. Is it so wrong that a game company wants to make some extra revenue? If you do not like it don't buy from it. No one is forcing you. I am so sick of people being little cry babies about cash shops. Get over it already that is pretty much industry standard now. If you do not want to buy the items for your real money then save up your ingame money and buy it thus bypassing spending any more than the sub fee per month. Problem solved.

• amber-ramber-r Member Posts: 323
    NCsoft don't have a very good reputation with cash shops, they always end up going pay to win.