Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get your money's worth with Guild Wars 2?!?

Sp00shSp00sh Member Posts: 48

A simple answer to help future players purchase or steer clear of this game.

Comments

• Marcus-Marcus- Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Sure.. and still enjoying it.

Does that mean i recieved more than my money is worth? :)
  • tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    I think you get more than your monies worth with GW2.More so than most mmos that have come out these passed few years
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Yes. Then again I haven't purchased or played it. The forum wars have been rather trite but still entertaining.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    ask me in a year, have not even maxxed my first toon yet. Only played it a little over 200 hours so far

I miss DAoC

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037
    I'd say so. My interest is really starting to wane now, but I've gotten enough entertainment already to deem it a good box buy.
  • The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,456
    10% people who "hate" the game yet still post on a fan forum of it - sounds like the normal percentage of... posters you better ignore =P
    Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan
    10% people who "hate" the game yet still post on a fan forum of it - sounds like the normal percentage of... posters you better ignore =P

So why even bother having the poll then?

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146
    Great value for money, a month has gone by and it feels like I've so much more to do. I just wish they'd fix DE issues and the crafting problem of ingredient amounts, still its a developing game, and providing it improves in the right direction it will continue to be worth the price, and more if i decide to get any gems.
  • TymorisTymoris Member UncommonPosts: 158
    Yes I did get my money's worth and then some. One of the few games that kept my interest so far

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,456
    Originally posted by grimal
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

So why even bother having the poll then?

I didn't make the poll.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• DunworthDunworth Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Indeed I have, the last 3 mmo's I bought were monthly fee to play and I canceled before the 30 free days were up. still playing GW2 and no fee no rush.  I have a level 42 and will be taking my time and enjoy every hour I play.  1st time that I have checked the forums since launch, will check back next month. see ya in GW2.
  • RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    This game was worth the purchase price.
  • RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904
    my seven year old son got my money's worth from the game...I, sadly, did not.

• ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Member UncommonPosts: 594
    Can't quite tell yet. Ask me again in 3 to 4 years, since I'll still be playing then. Barring the Mayans screwing with us all from the grave, of course.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    i voted yes but I am still not sure why I spent £50 on a digital download (most expensive games I have ever bought) when I could have got it for £35 from amazon, as if I bought the game plus a 2 month sub.  I am about 100 hours played and only level 65 so I still got fun to be had but I am not sure if I'll continue to play once I hit 80 I am more a PvE end game guy and GW2 just does not deliver on PvE end game.
  • AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    ask me in 6 years, I'll still be playing by then.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    More than got my moneys worth. First mmo in a decade that I feel I can spend a long time playing. It's not as good as my favourite mmo - daoc, but its the best modern mmo by a huge fecking mile.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    More than got my moneys worth. First mmo in a decade that I feel I can spend a long time playing. It's not as good as my favourite mmo - daoc, but its the best modern mmo by a huge fecking mile.

Amen

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• JZeroVNJZeroVN Member Posts: 46

124 hours of fun so far for 60$ - yeah worth it to me and still getting more valuable every day.

• skeith138skeith138 Member Posts: 176

level up my warrior,guardian and mesmer to 80.

i would said its worth money to me so far as i haven't try PVP.

on a side note. i don't think GW2 suppose to be your main MMO, but mostly a side dish when your bored on your main MMO

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237

Played it for two weeks.  Spent more money on Super Empire Strikes Back for Super Nintendo (67.99) and beat it in 8 hours.

Yeah I got my value.   And can increase it whenever I feel like logging in again.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    I think YES.... mainly b/c there is no subscription.... but things could be better. I think I got caught up too much in the hype.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    Originally posted by Jackdog
    ask me in a year, have not even maxxed my first toon yet. Only played it a little over 200 hours so far

0ver 200 hours into the game and not worth your money yet? Haha

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701
    easily got my money's worth already, and am enjoying more every day so I expect to get my money's worth many times over at this point.
  • FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081
    Originally posted by Sp00sh

A simple answer to help future players purchase or steer clear of this game.

I burned an $80 gift-card for it (the deluxe digital edition) simply because I wasn't going to use it for anything else.

Do I feel I got my moneys worth for only a week of entertainment?

Sure, why not :), I voted yes.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.