Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3.3 / 10 on Metacritic.

Comments

• qombiqombi Member UncommonPosts: 1,170
    Haven't played this game since they sold out to Activision and started selling virtual items for real life money. Sad, was a good game at a point.
  • halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Originally posted by Sh3nanigans

How could anyone possibly give MoP a bad rating? They must all be trolls and WoW haters. MoP is the best expansion to date and I can't possibly see how someone could have a different opinion then me!

/sarcasm

Blizzard fanboys MOBILIZE!

Gicing any MMO low or high rating just with in 2 or 3 days of release is idiotic.  No matter how you try to justify this. I have been playing GW2 for a month and i still haven't rated it.

So i agree that metacritic is just a place for trolls and haters. Now you can spin it into fanboys being fanboys but i blame it on trolls and that goes for any MMO and not just WOW.

• Sh3nanigansSh3nanigans Member Posts: 23
    I can definitely tell if I'm going to like a game with just a day of playing it or even a few hours. You don't need to play something for 2 weeks to be able to review it, that's just  ridiculous. Is it really that hard for people to grasp that someone may be disatisfied with a Blizzard product? I think there are a lot of fans who felt it was going downhill since WotLK, but definitely since cata.
  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by AdamTM
    Originally posted by drakes821

Almost any big mainstream AAA game that is released will get panned on Metacritic on the first couple of days for some reason.

My theory is all the people who actually bought the game are playing it while only childish trolls pop on there and post their horrible scores for something they don't play.

Give it a month and the score will more acurately represent the quality of the game.

And I don't like or dislike WoW, I've never really played it, this opinion is just based off of watching mulitple metacritic scores at launch.

Actually thats something I never observed.

What I observed is a lot of low scores if the game has game-breaking or technical flaws at launch.

The last AAA games released in the last two months had green user reviews from the go, even the MMOs.

Cute, guess you forgot Mass Effect 3?

That game had mostly negative reviews within hours of launching, and the ironic part was... most of the the complaints were about the ending.

So yeah, I'm happy for you, your ability to erase your memory is amazing.

I can definitely tell if I'm going to like a game with just a day of playing it or even a few hours. You don't need to play something for 2 weeks to be able to review it, that's just  ridiculous. Is it really that hard for people to grasp that someone may be disatisfied with a Blizzard product? I think there are a lot of fans who felt it was going downhill since WotLK, but definitely since cata.

Yeah you do need to play something more than a day if you are going to score it. MMOS are not a single player games that you play for few hours and rate it 1 or 10.

Also where did i say that no one can be dis satisfied with Blizzard product? people have been hating on WOW for how many years now?  

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by qombi
    Haven't played this game since they sold out to Activision and started selling virtual items for real life money. Sad, was a good game at a point.

You mean like when you bought the collecters edition of original WoW and you got a non combatant pet for paying more money?

OH WAIT you ment waay later...

yet its the same thing...

Somebody likes to split hairs and cry over split milk

Originally posted by halflife25

Yeah you do need to play something more than a day if you are going to score it. MMOS are not a single player games that you play for few hours and rate it 1 or 10.

Also where did i say that no one can be dis satisfied with Blizzard product? people have been hating on WOW for how many years now?  

No, you do not.  I've played a lot of MMOs and it was pretty easy to tell with a day of playing whether I was going to like it, dislike it or even hate it. 

That seems to be the sentiment here with Blizzard fanboys. Having a different opinion is "hating" on WoW.  A lot of these people were once avid WoW fans who are disappointed with where Blizzard is taking the game.  Even if you were never a fan, there are some justifiable reasons for hating WoW based on how it has changed the MMO market.

No, you do not.  I've played a lot of MMOs and it was pretty easy to tell with a day of playing whether I was going to like it, dislike it or even hate it. 

That seems to be the sentiment here with Blizzard fanboys. Having a different opinion is "hating" on WoW.  A lot of these people were once avid WoW fans who are disappointed with where Blizzard is taking the game.  Even if you were never a fan, there are some justifiable reasons for hating WoW based on how it has changed the MMO market.

It is not soemthing exclusive to just WOW though. That is why i made it very clear in first post that if you rate any MMO with in 24 hours please don't expect to be taken seriously. So you can continue to repeat like a broken reecord about 'WOW fanboys' but that is not what i am talking about. I could care less about your beef with fanboys but any prudent and objective person can tell you that only trolls score a MMO 1 ro 10 after 24 hours of game play. 

This is what is wrong with gaming communities these days and professional reviews have gone down the toilet. it is all about e peen flexing rather than giving a fair review to MMOS.

Well if you like to rate MMOS only after a day of play..good for you but don't expect others to take you seriously.

It is not soemthing exclusive to just WOW though. That is why i made it very clear in first post that if you rate any MMO with in 24 hours please don't expect to be taken seriously. So you can continue to repeat like a broken reecord about 'WOW fanboys' but that is not what i am talking about. I could care less about your beef with fanboys but any prudent and objective person can tell you that only trolls score a MMO 1 ro 10 after 24 hours of game play. 

This is what is wrong with gaming communities these days and professional reviews have gone down the toilet. it is all about e peen flexing rather than giving a fair review to MMOS.

Well if you like to rate MMOS only after a day of play..good for you but don't expect others to take you seriously.

I don't even write reviews but If I did, I couldn't care less if someone took my opinion seriously or not.  Like the average gamer is going to give something an in depth analysis. A lot of professional reviews are out at the day of release, so I guess based on your standard we just shouldn't even look at reviews until 2 weeks after a game has been out.  Yea, that's not going to happen and your expectations are highly unrealistic.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

-comes in-

Oooooh a Threadnaught... -gets out folding chair and a bag of popcorn- by all means continue gents.

I don't even write reviews but If I did, I couldn't care less if someone took my opinion seriously or not.  Like the average gamer is going to give something an in depth analysis. A lot of professional reviews are out at the day of release, so I guess based on your standard we just shouldn't even look at reviews until 2 weeks after a game has been out.  Yea, that's not going to happen and your expectations are highly unrealistic.

And that is why these reviews are a joke. There are plenty of reviewing sites which take good 2 or 3 weeks before publishign their reviews like IGN. Even though still not enough time to review a MMO but it is still better than tools who give reviews after 24 hours of gameplay.

I think it is all about what source you prefer and i believe youpurposely look for troll reviews to feel vindicated.

• ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Metacritic has 0 credibility

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

Reading the reviews is actually pretty entertaining.

demonlordcip writes: Kung fu pandas in Warcraft, pandas suck, the game has become a **** disneyland kid game. What a joke Blizzard. Those of you who rate 10 , your **** WoW addicts and Blizzard fanboys who eat every turd out of Blizzard's ass. Enjoy your retarded pandas and kung fu

rating: 0

PANDASARESOLAME writes: If you are an old WoW player from the Vanilla or BC days and are thinking of getting MoP, please do not. You will forever taint your good memories of WoW. It's sickening what this game has become. Do yourself a favor and pretend that the game you used to play was shut down completely, just like Tabula Rasa or AC2. If you have a small child who is interested in playing WoW, you should

MathewT writes: Ignore the Blizzard employees and fanboys leaving 9s and 10s on here. This expansion is trash. I seriously feel sorry for anybody that thinks WoW is a good game now. If you have an ounce of intelligence in your brain you will not enjoy playing WoW in its current state.

manotaur writes: Just absolutely not. Blizzard had lost me after Diablo 3, which I still bought out of pure loyalty. I regret ever giving this company that chance. A terrible, money-grubbing company who make **** games.

rating 0

Diablo3sux writes: Blizzard really needs to re-learn how to make fun games. Nothing new, same old stuff with more ilvl, same old crafting materials, and questing is still boring.

• ShenjShimpoShenjShimpo Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by Eazydzzz

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/world-of-warcraft-mists-of-pandaria/user-reviews?sort-by=date&num_items=100

Just thought I would share.

A 3.3 seems a little high.  I am pretty angry about spending $40 on MoP!

its still high for this kind of trash

and it cost 40bucks...well back to gw2

• roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402
    Originally posted by Axxar
    They should disable user scores on Metacritic to prevent this kind of crap.

Plenty of people are aware of metacritic because Steam links to it .The thing is if you think about it theres 9 million WoW players that are just as likly to flame WoW and boost the scores as there are trolls to lower them .

Could it be WoW players who would normally be flaming a WoW expansion are genuinly unhappy with MoP . I was there when the last patch came out people hated the new talent trees with a vengance . There was lot of critism level at that aspect of the patch around the chat in Ogrimar on the Outland sever I play on .

There was nothing like the buzz and excitment of other WoW expansions in game either . People were looking forward to seeing what it was like but there was a lot of scepticsm over its content .

I would think theres been quite a bit of trolling on metacritic but I think theres also be a lot of flaming as well so its alll balancing out .

Perhaps the score is fair .

Originally posted by roo67

Plenty of people are aware of metacritic because Steam links to it .The thing is if you think about it theres 9 million WoW players that are just as likly to flame WoW and boost the scores as there are trolls to lower them .

Could it be WoW players who would normally be flaming a WoW expansion are genuinly unhappy with MoP . I was there when the last patch came out people hated the new talent trees with a vengance . There was lot of critism level at that aspect of the patch around the chat in Ogrimar on the Outland sever I play on .

There was nothing like the buzz and excitment of other WoW expansions in game either . People were looking forward to seeing what it was like but there was a lot of scepticsm over its content .

I would think theres been quite a bit of trolling on metacritic but I think theres also be a lot of flaming as well so its alll balancing out .

There is only way to prove it. If the population drops signficantly after MOP release then we can give some credit to metacritic scores. However, i highly doubt that it is going to happen.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

There is only way to prove it. If the population drops signficantly after MOP release then we can give some credit to metacritic scores. However, i highly doubt that it is going to happen.

Hasn't the population of WoW (in general) already been declining? I seem to remember reading the just lost a million or so subscribers last month. What they do have, is a very loyal following and one of the largest fanbases in videogames, period. Other games (like FFXIV) are showning us just how long it takes to bottom out when you have that much momentum behind you.

I dunno if I'd give the game a 3, but I wouldn't completely write off metacritic either. One of the strengths of metacritic is you get a wide range of reviews, rather than 1 biased opinion. There's a reason it works off an average. Also keep in mind that MoP, as an expansion, does nothing to deal w/ the issues that have been plaguing WoW for years. At most it offers a distraction in the form of pokemon. WoW's not a bad game, but it's definitely showing it's age, and many of the fans are starting to realize this. A lot of people are going to MoP out of loyalty to their guild / friends, and then are being reminded of why they left WoW to begin with. This trend has been going on for years now, it shouldn't be a shocker that we are seeing the same trend with this expansion.

• roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402
    Originally posted by roo67

I'm not so sure . If you look up my thread where industry analysts have forcast disapointing sales for MoP I would think the bounce Blizzard has got from returning players would be around 1/4 to half a million . The last official figures were around 9 million world wide but it wouldn't suprise me if they had dropped further since as they do in the months before an expansion .

The relativly low number of High population servers on launch day and the days following ( eu english speaking high population servers 15-18 compared to 35+ at the release of Cata ) also are a further indication that MoP isn't selling as well as Blizzard would have hoped .

What I think will happen is Blizzard will release subscription numbers very soon in month one after the release of expansion these will most like show them either maintaining 9 millions subs aproximatly with maybe a slight increase . The telling figures will be in 3 or 6 months down the line . My conservative estimate is that Blizzard will be down to 8.5 million subs in six months but I suspect the loses could be even higher than that .  

It will be interesting to see how it plays out .

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

It's at 4.2 now, nothing stellar and a still lot of hate. It might even get to 5 some day. MoP has received a mixed welcome to say the least. Going purely on Xfire one might think that WoW lost about 20% of their players over MoP. From the players complaining about the Panda's but especially the oversimplification (dumbing down) of the skill system and the people giving it a 0 because they couldn't play on launch day.

So direct sales probably make up the majority of sales, and it doesn't look like it killed itself but it looks like the game took a bit of a hit. Trying to appeal to the oriental market too much hasn't done them too many favors in the west. Still they're back at the number one spot after GW2 having taken it for about a month.

imageimage
  • NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583
    Originally posted by Eazydzzz

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/world-of-warcraft-mists-of-pandaria/user-reviews?sort-by=date&num_items=100

Just thought I would share.

A 3.3 seems a little high.  I am pretty angry about spending $40 on MoP!

Score is now 4.2.

Out of 464 scores, only 13 are mixed. Pretty much proves what others already said: it's either top scores, or zeroes, almost nothing in between. Metacritic is the worst trollsite on da interweb, and user scores should be removed. Neither haters nor fanboys are able to give fair reviews/scores, and that's pretty much the only types of ppl reviewing games at that site. Unfortunately, the "pros" aren't much better, most of them gives too high scores to just about anything.

Btw, you're obviously among the haters. 3.3 too high? Yeah, right... Doubt you've even tried it.

• PaladrinkPaladrink Member UncommonPosts: 62
    Anything to be surprised about?

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,897
    All of those 0 scores have to be from people that didn't buy the game.  They just hate Blizzard.  Some hate them for DRM in D3, otehrs for changing WOW, others becasue they are popular.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    There I agree, never look at 0s and 10s on metacritic. Take an average of everything else.
  • ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

As of my posting:

There are 271 negative votes

185 positive votes.

13 mixed.

Considering that WoW has 9+ million subscribers, get back to me when there is actually enough of a population sampling  for this score to actually mean something.

• IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707
    People gave GW2 zeroes and alike for having a messed up launch in Europe and some features bugged out due to latency issues or oversights. I am sure WoW: MoP suffers from the same early reviewers.
This discussion has been closed.