Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3.3 / 10 on Metacritic.

Comments

• GamefunGamefun Member Posts: 290

World of Warcraft was good in its days when release came out and we saw the first expansion "Burning Crusade", however the game has gone down hill majorly to please the casual crowd which in return changed the game completely.

I doubt I will ever try it out again due to the fact that the game is lacking new innovation and it seems its just rehashed, reused content like every expansion we've seen to date.

I'm not going to get suckerd into the hype train anymore, I'm going to use better judgement so in return i don't blow money for something that isnt worth it at all anymore.

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    Originally posted by Psychow
    Originally posted by xmenty

Can someone please tell me the difference between metacritic and this forum? 

Forums are where idiots go

Metacritic is where idiots have been

No no no, Forums are places people gather to have intellectual Conversation.

Yeah i know it sounded better in my head.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964
    Originally posted by Psychow
    Originally posted by xmenty

Can someone please tell me the difference between metacritic and this forum? 

Forums are where idiots go

Metacritic is where idiots have been

• Necrosaro420Necrosaro420 Member Posts: 31
    Haters are gonna hate.  So far MoP has been fairly solid IMO.  Have had no bugs with about 10 hours of play.
  • AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796

While I believe Metacritic will never actually be a reliable source of actual ratings, perhaps they should divide it into two categories.

(1) Rate the Quality of the Launch

And later

(2) Rate the Game/Expansion itself

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    Bwaha so this games gonna be epic then.... swtor rating was what near enough 10 oO, the opposite has to be true.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,875

I saw this on gamespot and could not resist so here goes sorry

• dariuszpdariuszp Member Posts: 182
    Originally posted by Wicoa
    Bwaha so this games gonna be epic then.... swtor rating was what near enough 10 oO, the opposite has to be true.

Your quite wrong my friend. SWTOR had high rating only first few days when people didn't know how bad this game is. Story catch their harts for a few days. After that people realize the truth and rating went hell. 

I think that Metacritic is reliable source of information. Why ? Because this site is full of both idiots and trolls. And they tends to cancel each other out. In the end avarage score is fine. I trust user scores in that. I don't trust critic scores.

Why ? Critics are idiots. They don't rate game based on game itself but by who made them. Because of that even bad games have good ratings. Bioware games are great example here.

Let see [ title (like or not) - critics / users]:

~ KOTOR (good) - 9 / 9

~ KOTOR II (good) - 8/8

~ Dragon Age Origins (good) - 9 / 8

~ Mass Effect (good) - 9 / 9

- Mass Effect 2 (avarage) - 9 / 8 (ride on ME1 mostly but game started to be dumped down)

~ Mass Effect 3 ( bad ) - 9 / 4

~ Dragon Age 2 ( bad ) - 8 / 4

~ The Old Republic ( bad ) - 8 / 5

As you can see, users scores are pretty accurate here. Good games have good ratings. Bad are just bad. While critics give everything 8-9. That's just pathetic. So yeah, my twisted logic (that MC have equal amount of trolls and fanboys and avarage is usually good)  says I can trust user score on MC.

You can disagree ofcourse. But games I really like almost always have very, very good user score on MC while ones I don't like have bad user score.

Working for me.

• IstrebiteIIstrebiteI Member Posts: 266
    Hahaha now you cannot even add a review anymore (tried both in FF and IE - it is bugged and wont show character length and wont allow to submit because "no rating was given")
  • GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186
    People are just trolling at MoP, wait for critics :j
    Critics will no doubt praise MOP, as they praised SWTOR which is now in FUBAR state and was in that state half a year after launch. As they praised ME3 and D3 which are widely considered as fail games, even despite they sold millions (which they did because people bought in the hype).
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Eazydzzz
    Originally posted by Nitth

It hasnt even been out a day lol..

That could be why the score is so high.  A lot of the people giving it 10s probably didn't play beta.

I lol'ed.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    3.3 eh?  So does that bring up WOW's overall score?

It's 2.3 better than before!

• MikkelBMikkelB Member Posts: 240
    Originally posted by IstrebiteI
    Critics will no doubt praise MOP, as they praised SWTOR which is now in FUBAR state and was in that state half a year after launch. As they praised ME3 and D3 which are widely considered as fail games, even despite they sold millions (which they did because people bought in the hype).

Not to spoil your fun, but "ME3 and D3 are widely considered as fail games"? Where did you get that information from? The Internet? Some forums? A poll on an obscure website? Just because some people are pretty loud on the internet, doesn't mean that what they shout is true. At least judging by sales ME3 and D3 were pretty succesful. I liked both games, despite the flaws they had.

From what I've seen MoP is a pretty nice expansion. It appeals more to me than Cataclysm. I just wish that when people look/read/watch the reviews, they would pay more attention to the content of the review, instead of the "final verdict".

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Ren128

Seems like most scores are either very low (0-2) or very high (8-10) with hardly anything in-between, meaning MoP polarised people. 

It will be intresting to see sales and sub figures for this.

Metacritic is not that useful, no. Too easy too manipulate one way or another.

But sale number is no good judge either, sub numbers a month before release and a month after will tell us a lot more. If the expansion was good people will keep playing, if it sucked the subs will drop.

As I see it that will be the fairest way to measure it.

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

Originally posted by Axxar
    Could be this. But could as well be people thinking it's "fun" to 0-bomb popular games.

Yeah. 90% of the user "reviews" on Metacritic are 0 or 10 - beats me why they don't just switch to a thumbs up/thumbs down system like YouTube et al. And 90% of those aren't reviewing the game - they're just fanboy'ing in a 10 or hating in a 0. You might as well go to a football game, count the number of jerseys for the home team and the visitors, and say "man, the visitors sucked, only 3.3% of the crowd gave them a positive review".

2 <a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.mmorpg.com/profile.cfm/username/MikkelB"; href="http://www.mmorpg.com/profile.cfm/username/MikkelB"; title="View information about MikkelB" suhlink"="">MikkelB

And i will not argue with you because you are entitled to having your own opinion, as well as enjoying the game you like. There is nothing bad in that you liked D3 or ME3. But truth is, a lot of people didnt, and both games had a major failure related to them:

Diablo 3:

- It is lacking features that even D1 had (true character development, where you can allocate stats that do matter, true progression to max level, this was added lately though)

- it was a game focused on singleplayer that was unplayable several WEEKS from the launch because they forced online-only DRM on you

- Several other huge flaws related to the "online-only" policy, like getting DC'ed because of server side issues moment before boss died, or moment before you picked up loot, or moment before you picked up an item you dropped in town

- Broken AH that first resulted in constant outages and then Blizzard blatanly steaing money from their customers and banning them on forums so they cant complain (one dude only got him money back after his article was put up on Forbes)

- Broken balance, where an advice to "how do i clear Inferno with class X" was "reroll DH"

- Which was fixed in a way to constantly deprieve people of their hard-earned loot (crappy legendaries were buffed without retroactively changing gear people acquired, yet attack speed items were retroactively changed, nerfing a lot of people's gear to the ground, and so on so on), no doubt to keep people interested in playing and spending real money on RMAH

- Generally, game built about loot acquisition for a specific build (say, monks need to stack one resistance) that is based on specific class abilities, has those abilities constantly changed or nerfed, making hard-earned gear constantly go obsolete (like, no-vit gear fo wizards back when energy shield worked as intended, but then they change it and all that gear becomes useless)

- Btw, Single player game where i HAVE to mandatorily install patches that make game less fun to play for me? What's not to love!

- Until fixed recently, absolutely broken multiplayer because grouping increased mob damage which just demolished you (heh, mobs were already oneshotting you most of the time, but now you didnt have chance at all)

- Absolutely boring mind-numbingly insane-driving gameplay at inferno involving kiting everything forever if you want to advance past Act II. Yah you'll still have to restart the game constantly when you meet invulnerabe vortex molten fire chain in a narrow cave...

And i could go on and on. Mind it i played Wizard, which was second best class, so i wasnt as gimped as my friend barbarian who just couldnt do SHIT in inferno, like at all, while DH's were having their way being invincible all the time AND dealing huge damage

Mass Effect 3

I can only speak from other people's word, from what i studied for several hours on indoctrination theory and the endings that were insanely lackluster (which gave birth to the theory). Granted, game makers apologised and made new endings, but it i'm talking the release game state, the one that Metacritic's critics rated. Day 1 DLC to play a race that is crucial to the universe? Yes please! Kill everything with the ending, whatever you chose (all mass relays destroyed -> all allied fleets stranded in one system and have starved to death)? Yes please!

Once agian, if you enjoyed them, good for you. I also enjoyed D3 for several days while i got to 60 and got my good gear. But fun dwindled, and butthurt and frustration raised to the floor. And then i decided to look at it objectively and saw only failure and failure over failure with not really much of a "game". And then i understood i had paid 60$ or so for it, and a lot of people pay WAY MORE with RMAH (1 item 200$ lol). And it was disgusting!

• ronpackronpack Member Posts: 138

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/world-of-warcraft-mists-of-pandaria/user-reviews?sort-by=date&num_items=100

Just thought I would share.

A 3.3 seems a little high.  I am pretty angry about spending $40 on MoP!

Let me get this straight. People are hyped about "pandas" in WoW? Really? I hope all those people who are hyped up for it also love and worship Kung Fu Panda.

• raistlinmraistlinm Member Posts: 673

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/world-of-warcraft-mists-of-pandaria/user-reviews?sort-by=date&num_items=100

Just thought I would share.

A 3.3 seems a little high.  I am pretty angry about spending $40 on MoP!

I wish metyacritic was coded like the games are meaning unless you enter your game code you can't enter a score we've seen too many examples where we know for a fact people are simply over or under rating games for whatever ulterior motive they have.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    3.3 eh?  So does that bring up WOW's overall score?

It's up to 3.9 now. Looks like it might do better than D3. Not much better, but better. Dunno why there is so much hate already. People react like that when they buy a game and then can't play it at launch day. Oh well, it happens. Let's see what kind of scores they'll be getting tomorrow.

imageimage
  • gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413
    Originally posted by GoldenArrow
    People are just trolling at MoP, wait for critics :j

Yeah, the 9-10 critic rates will be coming in soon. As soon as the paycheck from Blizzard arrives. Fortunately the last one from Arenanet arrived also in time.

Hodor!

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877

When it comes to games like D3 and MoP I don't trust Metacritic worh a crap as people would more likely give it a negative review because they simply hate the game.  TSW might have some fair ratings as it is a more nitche crowd but with MoP haters in droves would vote negatively for the sheer pleasure of it having a negative review even though they never played or bought the game.

Not saying MoP is good or bad, didn't buy it and have no intrest in it, but that metacritic is highly unrealiable when top notch popular games like WoW.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Originally posted by Sukiyaki

There is a reason why some shops have many boxes and even the collector edition left in their shelves and some shops already threw  pricecuts on the game just 3 days after launch...

I didnt expect the expansion sales to turn out THAT bad.

Effectively lowering the server caps (likely fiddling with the caps through the "cross realm" server merge system) to fake longer queues  at least on a few server and adjusting server ratings (in multiple steps before the expasion, but they where still caught by player noticing their low servers suddenly where flagged medium for no reason) to fake more "high" or "medium" server on the realmlist, nor well compensated or bandwagoning "professional" reviews will change anything on it.

But dont worry not in half a year like usual but already in 4 days MOP will release in China and all "the numbers" they used to throw at naive user will look much more rosy on paper this time again!

This information isn't correct though. Maybe in your area you are still having stock on the game but where I live all the stores are sold out. There are quite a few servers on high and full currently, I know the queue on my server yesterday was around 3 hours. It surely isn't doing as well as previous expansions but it isn't doing bad by any means.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Ren128

Seems like most scores are either very low (0-2) or very high (8-10) with hardly anything in-between, meaning MoP polarised people. 

Meaning "another typical set of user ratings from Metacritic".

Bear in mind, the majority of the gaming population sees only absolutes.  Yes (10) or No (1).  Whoever heard of a 4 or a 6?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

lol a bunch of 10s and even more 0s. Remind me why metacritic user reviews are any better than official reviews?

This discussion has been closed.