Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3.3 / 10 on Metacritic.

Comments

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    I'm not sure why people are rating it already, maybe they played the beta.. maybe not.  But some of these negative reviews are bashing the game because of network issues and load times.  I didn't agree with giving GW2 a lower score because of those things, and I don't agree with giving MoP a lower score because of those things.  Still, let's face it... Metacritic is even more useless in this case, pretty much anyone who was going to buy this is never going to read that site or make their decisions based on its reviews...

Agreed.  This is why user ratings are separated from (somewhat) professional reviews.  A user stakes absolutely nothing in how they score this or any game.

I'd dare say that a large majority of those user ratings are based on opinions that have 0 relevence to me, as are the ratings for most other games.

That's why this "sports team mentality" I see toward games drives me nuts.  I have to wade through a sea of absolute BS in order to get to information that might matter to me.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by Eazydzzz
    Originally posted by Nitth

It hasnt even been out a day lol..

That could be why the score is so high.  A lot of the people giving it 10s probably didn't play beta.

Pre-ordered MoP, played beta and asked a refund for MoP (Blizzard refunded me fully) and quited WoW indefinately. Damn, never seen so much garbage in any game's expansion as in MoP :(

SO yeah... 3.3/10 is rather high. I'll give it a -10 :D

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by Robsolf
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    I'm not sure why people are rating it already, maybe they played the beta.. maybe not.  But some of these negative reviews are bashing the game because of network issues and load times.  I didn't agree with giving GW2 a lower score because of those things, and I don't agree with giving MoP a lower score because of those things.  Still, let's face it... Metacritic is even more useless in this case, pretty much anyone who was going to buy this is never going to read that site or make their decisions based on its reviews...

Agreed.  This is why user ratings are separated from (somewhat) professional reviews.  A user stakes absolutely nothing in how they score this or any game.

I'd dare say that a large majority of those user ratings are based on opinions that have 0 relevence to me, as are the ratings for most other games.

That's why this "sports team mentality" I see toward games drives me nuts.  I have to wade through a sea of absolute BS in order to get to information that might matter to me.

"sports team mentality"

That has got to be the best, most accurate way I have seen people opinions towards games described.  It is so perfectly spot on. 

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by coretex666
    It shows how reliable the user reviews on Metacritic are. 

Careful, or you will recieve a 500 word essay from some idiot as to why Metacritic is indeed usefull...

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    We're up to 3.7 player rating now.
  • mark2123mark2123 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    How ironic that the people calling it a kids game are acting like 2yr olds by giving it a zero. That's just redicilously childish. You know that none of them have played it because they already made their minds up before it came out, so it's irrelevant, and pathetic.

I've been playing since the launch and am enjoying it more than I did GW2, which I can't even make myself log into now as its the same content and tasks repeated on every map.

MoP is fun and it ticks my boxes. Which is all I care about, not some skewed, pointless score affected by people not even interested in or playing the game.
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by mark2123
    How ironic that the people calling it a kids game are acting like 2yr olds by giving it a zero. That's just redicilously childish. You know they none of them have played it because they already made their minds up before it came out, so it's irrelevant, and pathetic.

I've been playing since the launch and am enjoying it more than I did GW2, which I can't even make myself log into now as its the same content and tasks repeated on every map.

MoP is fun and it ticks my boxes. Which is all I care about, not some skewed, pointless score affected by people not even interested in or playing the game.

.. And this is better when people give it a perfect 10/10 just to spite others for giving it a zero?  You could say that it deserves a 10, but to others it deserves that zero.

Same thing happened with Cataclysm .. which was a truly bland expansion, which should have just been a series of free patches.  People gave that monstronsity a perfect 10 out of 10 as well.  I guess now more gamers are just fed up with Activision's involvement, as we're witnessing.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• potacopotaco Member Posts: 82
    Originally posted by Karteli
    Originally posted by mark2123
    How ironic that the people calling it a kids game are acting like 2yr olds by giving it a zero. That's just redicilously childish. You know they none of them have played it because they already made their minds up before it came out, so it's irrelevant, and pathetic.

.. And this is better when people give it a perfect 10/10 just to spite others for giving it a zero?  You could say that it deserves a 10, but to others it deserves that zero.

Same thing happened with Cataclysm .. which was a truly bland expansion, which should have just been a series of free patches.  People gave that monstronsity a perfect 10 out of 10 as well.  I guess now more gamers are just fed up with Activision's involvement, as we're witnessing.

Talk about taking his post out of context... There's a huge gap between "this game doesn't deserve a 0/10" and "this game deserves a 10/10" and there is obviously middle ground that you are ignoring.

For the most part, people giving it a 0/10 is angry or upset. Likewise, people giving it a 10/10 are overly optimistic and unrealistc about it  ("fanboys"). To break it down a bit:

1) The expansion has been out for less than 2 days. If you're looking at ratings now, the majority will not be based on representative experiences of the expansion. One day is hardly enough for most people to even level up to the new cap, let alone try out a lot of the new content.

2) A score of 0/10 implies to me that the game is utterly destroyed or broken by this new addition, which simply isn't the case. This is the game's fourth expansion. Are people expecting the expansion to instantly change it into something completely different? It's essentially more of the game that millions of people play. Someone can be a panda and it makes your talking cow upset? Someone can play fake pokemon while you raid heroic modes? Oh, the horror!

3) It's nearly pointless to rate a game based on launch issues. People are really crying about the gyrocopter stuff for Alliance? I logged in, spent 10 minutes spamming rockets at the boats, thinking "well, this sucks"... then got credit and moved on. After the first hub, people spread out and I can't recall another show-stopping moment (besides one or two evade-bugged mobs and a bugged achievement that required a relog).

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

MoP what is left to say....its been said a 1000000 times...

It started as a april fools joke but got turned in reality, i woulnt believed it untill i saw Chris Metzen making the announcement with a strange vibe in his voice...as like he was disapointed to accounce panda's and pandaland.
    But i could be wrong.

Let me say i played games from Sillicon Synapse when most readers here where still in dipers.
    I saw it grow from ROck and roll racing to the warcraft RTS series and beyond.
    Warcraft brought a unique mmo on the market, at 1st i hated the style of graphics, but later on i loved it.

I rolled on Stormscale when WoW launched i quickly used the opertunity of FCM to Korgal and get of Swescale :)
    On Korgal i joined Lowlands companions and quickly boosted up to a top guild named RELIC.
    made it to rank 13 with 18 hours a day grinding Warsong and i loved it.
    Raided 6 days a week and had a blast
    Epics costed blood sweat and tears.

Then TBC came it was a hell of an expansion hardcore dungeons and hardcore raids.
    Arena introduced and was sold to it untill season 3 when i had enough glorified duals.
    Me and my wife where always around 1700/1900 rating as warlock / hunter <----retardedly frustrated to play.

But man TBC was epic....

Then came WotLK and epics started to rain, dungeon finder was heaven on earth for rude psychopaths and item griefing ninja's
    Game became slightly worse but Ulduar made WoTLK epic.

Cataclytm....Community's where gone drastic class changes for the worse...and there i lost my interest for the 1st time playing WoW...
    I could swallow Wintergrasp design but Toll Barad....it was so bad and raiding guilds where hard to find.
    Loot whores and i cant play on wipe nights, brb when you got it on farm mentality...
    I quited 1 month after Cata and came back midway to see it got better, but it got worse and worse.

MoP...
    Iam realy speechles about MoP
    Panda's <---no way i wanne raid or pvp with that shit beside me
    Pokemon style battles for pets...come on blizzard so much recources spend for a minigame that could be used to something alot more epic.
    Dumbed down talant systems...once again
    And the many many death servers you choose to ignore...thats something i hate you for.

I have 10 chars like my wife we both got all profesions on max.
    We transferd from Korgal <--death server to Laughing Skull <----death server to Bladefist<-----death server.

3x20 chars i believe its 20 euro per char per transfer...calculate that amount of money.
    And i refuse to transfer yet again.

Greed is what makes Blizzard worlds now, not the players who builded their emperium, we the veterans who played and payed since 2004...we dint get nothing back not even a email or a special mount or a free transfer...

Blizzard lost their touch with the playerbase, and this has caused massive damage.
    it affected my future perchase directly as i will not ever buy 1 single Blizzard product again.
    I vote with my wallet.

[mod edit]

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    Metacritic: one of the last places where gamers can retaliate against companies who use unscrupulous business practices in gaming. Long live Metacritic.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    While I do feel WoW has gone way down hill and isn't worth playing anymore, I do have to say this score isn't probably a very good score to follow. Give it a month or so, scores fluxate both up and down, over-rated games will go down in  rating and bashed games will go up.
  • stratasaurusstratasaurus Member Posts: 220
    Anyone who gives any score a day after release High or low is someone who already had an opinion about a game and never gave it a chance to succeed or fail.  In my opinion these numbers have no value either way.
  • aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by Eazydzzz

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/world-of-warcraft-mists-of-pandaria/user-reviews?sort-by=date&num_items=100

Just thought I would share.

A 3.3 seems a little high.  I am pretty angry about spending $40 on MoP!

I don't even play it (play GW2 here) but I think that score is ridiculously low and borderline mean.

MoP is actually pretty well made and impressive from the movies my guildmates posted. It was actually done much better than Cata). Probably deserves a 7 in terms of expansion quality.

If you put it side by side with fresh new games of course it will be low. Any expansions will be.

• DOGMA1138DOGMA1138 Member UncommonPosts: 476

82%+ of the low votes are 0/10(24 out of 133 of the negative ones are NOT 0, many of them are 1 or 2 with like 5 of them 4) yeah thats legit, what ever you think about WoW it is still one of the better MMO's, its accessible, has loads of content, and a huge active community. MC is a blight on the gaming industry, they really need to start policing their users, or just remove the user score all together.

I havent played WoW since Cata, for me it was the last straw the game changed, i changed and it just didn't feel the same any more.

Tried SWTOR, bought GW2 and got burntout during the beta and it was sadly too late for a refund, never played the game since the headstart to me it took the worst aspects of WoW and perfected them. Again doesnt mean it's a bad game but every thing i liked in Vanila(and somewhat during TBC) was not there.

No socializing, no group effort, nothing, WoW was at it's best when people had to work together, gearing up healers, tanks, farming reagents for raid consumbales, running new members trought attunment quests, guild marching trough the capital when you've just slain onyxia or blackwing, whole realms comming together to open the gates to AQ..

None of that exists in MMO's these days, not even the "hardcore" ones, maybe except for EVE but i really dont enjoy 99% of the mechanics of that game.

WoW died when people stopped using the forums, during WoTLK and the little i've played of Cata i didnt knew any one on the server excpet for guild mates, back in the old days you knew the players on both factions there was communication and the sence of community.

And before some GW2 fanboy comes and jumps in that its not the games fault its the player, it is 100% the games fault, games should facilitate behaivour trough gameplay thats the difference between good game design and bad. I don't expect solitaire to facilitate socializing, but I'm sure as hell expect it from an MMO and especially an MMORPG.

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

3.3, eh? Interestingly, that's 3.2 points higher than the review I would give to Metacritic's User "Reviews". It gets a 0.1 rather than 0.0 because it doesn't deserve to get the same rating as the one I'd give to YouTube's comments.

• nsignificnsignific Member Posts: 212

It's a 3.7 now, but it really doesn't mean anything. Not for a high profile game like WoW.

How can you even score something that's been out a few hours? Something as huge as an MMO? Rhetorical, you can't of course, you can just expel bile for whatever reason and because there's a button to push (0 through 10)  that seems to make your opinion relevant.

I don't even trust the proffesional review aggretated score and haven't FOR YEARS; these people *do not* know more about games than I do. How can they?

• Originally posted by alexmino
    Bitter people angry that it's selling better than GW2.

Could be this. But could as well be people thinking it's "fun" to 0-bomb popular games.

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    Lot of people have been burned by wow over the years. i would bet that 90% of those who voted on meta critic didnt even play the game. Not that im Defending WoW at all. i really have no interest in the game.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    I don't get why people buy MoP and then shout around how disappointed they are. I mean come on: why did you buy it at first? It's not like the contents of MoP are super surprising. Why buy something if you know that you will dislike it?

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Axxar
    Originally posted by alexmino
    Bitter people angry that it's selling better than GW2.

Could be this. But could as well be people thinking it's "fun" to 0-bomb popular games.

COULD be, but it's doubtful.  Unless someone is experiencing some serious denial, they will know a WoW expansion will outsell pretty much everything in its opening week.  Even if this were the case, why lay the blame on GW2 fans and not a bunch of other MMOs that MoP will outsell?

No, I think it's more the latter if anything.  People want their scores to matter and if they're on one side of the fence or the other, they want that score to mean as much as possible, hence the 0's and 10's.  Funny thing is, what you're really voting on is some redone dungeons, a new race, and a new zone.  It doesn't deserve a 0, but I hardly think it deserves a 10 either.

• ThanesThanes Member Posts: 182
    ^some people might be compelled to buy it.   I know I was but I resisted.
    it was the Fool me once things for Cata. Won't ever be picking it up again.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

Can someone please tell me the difference between metacritic and this forum?

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

Originally posted by xmenty

Well there's the..... hmmmm

What about... no, no thats not it.

Good question.

Because i can.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by xmenty

Forums are where idiots go

Metacritic is where idiots have been

This discussion has been closed.