Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Servers are full once again

2»

Comments

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325
    Originally posted by Creslin321
    Originally posted by Ghern
    Originally posted by SnarlingWolf
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61

Xfire numbers are way up too

Finally! I've been waiting for XFire number posts all day. Maybe the forums will start to get more interesting now with all the debate over the validity of any meaning whatsoever of Xfire numbers. Would have been better for it to be a thread fully dedicated to WoW XFire numbers vs GW2 numbers, but I'll take it.

Why does the GW2 to WoW numbers matter?

Because man!  Because!  Don't you see????

It's all about who's game will reign supreme!

You should never be satisfied with just enjoying a game you play.  No!

You have to grind all the other games into DUST!

Yeah and this is in direct response to the more hysterical and retarded members of the GW2 forum community that made stupid statements like GW2 was going to crush wow, become the new standard for MMOs, and change the face of gaming forever, in the months leading up to release. Not saying its any less retarded behavior now that the shoe is on the other foot, but this is what happens when portions of a game fan base make bold and ridiculous statements far beyond the actual game makers intentions.

Maybe now that both games are out the dust cloud of bullshit will finally settle and we can get back to talking about enjoying games with out wanting to go for each others throats.

Fanboyism, sod it.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    it'll change soon enough.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    Originally posted by Kyleran

I thought EU had over 200 servers...or has that number come down some with consolidations and what not?

I get hearing from all of people I know that still play WoW occasionally that Blizzard is not merging any servers in EU and NA even though next to populated servers are many dead ones with very low populations that are low for YEARS and months.

Why?  "It will get better once we get our new tech / expansion. It really it will it will ! ! and In mean time we will earn millions on server transfer fees".

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804

It's a another big expansion but sales are already known to be underwhealming.

The lack of big mid-night releases and long lines caused a 3.5% slump in Blizzard stock today.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    not sure how they can be full, a year or two back WoW had twice the numbers as it did yeasterday

I miss DAoC

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    Originally posted by AZHokie54

So basically, the game had more hours logged a month ago. Not looking good at all.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't WoW just release today?  You will want the xfire numbers that will be posted tomorrow.

That is correct. The xfire numbers just show that lots of xfire players playing WoW pre-release :) Tomorrow numbers will be interesting.

I wonder.  If 50K hours played (of xfire users) was the status quo prior to GW2, it will be interesting to see if the hemorraging of subs (1million+ subs lost from previous year) continues and shows a peak less than 50K or if you will see a resurgance to much higher numbers.

The XFire numbers have gone up to 66k today which as you can see by the graphi is higher than the Aug numbers. I don't play WoW, or care how it does but I thought I'd stoke the fire a little.

• gothagotha Member UncommonPosts: 1,074
    I am going to say around 3 million sales this month.    It might be in decline but its still WoW.

That is correct. The xfire numbers just show that lots of xfire players playing WoW pre-release :) Tomorrow numbers will be interesting.

I wonder.  If 50K hours played (of xfire users) was the status quo prior to GW2, it will be interesting to see if the hemorraging of subs (1million+ subs lost from previous year) continues and shows a peak less than 50K or if you will see a resurgance to much higher numbers.

The XFire numbers have gone up to 66k today which as you can see by the graphi is higher than the Aug numbers. I don't play WoW, or care how it does but I thought I'd stoke the fire a little.

November 30 ths numbers should tell the tale. I honestly expected the XFire numbers to be at least in the high 80's if not above 100K

I miss DAoC

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697
    Originally posted by Jackdog

November 30 ths numbers should tell the tale. I honestly expected the XFire numbers to be at least in the high 80's if not above 100K

I would guess it will show a higher number tomorrow than today and it is tough to say what the weekend numbers will be so you might just see the high 80's or above.

Originally posted by Jackdog

I would guess it will show a higher number tomorrow than today and it is tough to say what the weekend numbers will be so you might just see the high 80's or above.

if it does not hit 90K on Sunday I would be looking for a new job if I were a designer for that expansion, seriously

I miss DAoC

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    For what it's worth local EB 150 copies in stock ...9 sold
  • Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

Why is August 26th so much higher? 

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Considering the amount of effort and time people have invested on their characters in WoW it would be foolish to think this expansion would not do well.
    Chamber of Chains
  • ZecktorinZecktorin Member Posts: 231
    Originally posted by Sukiyaki

56 medium and 35 borderline high populated server (by GW2 standards). Rest low or dead.

Not that amazing for the launch of an expansionpack of the most advertised MMORPG in history and all the hype.But not surprising either.

Maybe WoW will not even manage to surpass GW2 at its peak a month ago, before it starts tanking again.

Are you trying to tell people Gw2 has more players than WoW lol?

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Threads like this, are the true MMORPG end game. I'm grinding the forums for active subscriptions.

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,869

A handful of servers being full / high doesnt mean much in the grand scheme of things. Alot of people are logging on for the new expansion but it already has been predicted that the sales will be far far less then any previous WoW expansion. Hell, less then a Blizzard product has had since WoW originally released even...

http://venturebeat.com/2012/09/27/world-of-warcraft-mists-of-pandaria-performance-disappointing/