Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Greatest Threat to the future of GW2 is coming soon.

VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

That's right, in these days of Pandas and Zombies, Jedi and ... well, other stuff, the greatest threat to the future of GW2 actually lies about a month out...

The Mad King comes.

That's right all, our first GW2 Holiday event spectacular will be appearing in Tyria in about a months time as our old "friend", The Mad King, makes his return to Tyria in a fully voiced version that I can't personally wait to experience. A part (just a part) of the longevity  we all enoyed with GW1 was based around the holiday events they pulled off year after year and kept going back for, hence the slightly over melodramatic title. With the business model in place in GW2, I can easily see our holiday events drawing back multitudes of players that may have wandered over time for week long re-embraces into the game as they reconnect with the rest of us grey beards that stick to GW2 as our primary MMO... provided ArenaNet pulls off the difficult task of exceeding the events of GW1 and really giving players yet something else to look forwards to on a regular basis.

You know... with catapults, trebuchets and the like, I hope someone in Seattle saw an episode of "Punkin' Chunkin" and had a spark ignite...

Oderint, dum metuant.

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

i fell for it :)

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118
    I hadn't even thought of that yet, but I can't wait!!!  Love the Mad King!  My favorite in game holiday in any game is Halloween in GW1.  Looking forward to Anet topping it in GW2!

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by evolver1972
    I hadn't even thought of that yet, but I can't wait!!!  Love the Mad King!  My favorite in game holiday in any game is Halloween in GW1.  Looking forward to Anet topping it in GW2!

They said he's fully voiced now too... man, if they nail the voice this could be amazing. If he comes off sounding like Pee Wee Herman or Gilbert Godfried however...

I hope they nail the voice...

Ooh... Mad King costumes in the shop anyone?

Oderint, dum metuant.

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118
    Originally posted by Volkon
    Originally posted by evolver1972

They said he's fully voiced now too... man, if they nail the voice this could be amazing. If he comes off sounding like Pee Wee Herman or Gilbert Godfried however...

I hope they nail the voice...

LOL yeah, I hope they nail the voice too.  If it's done as well as Zojja, I'll be happy.  If not....well, I'd rather not think about that.  Although the idea of the Mad King sounding like Pee Wee is hilarious and I'd love to hear it with just one line.  The night before Halloween was Mischief Night (when I was a kid anyway) so it would be great if they pulled that kind of a prank.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

As long as his jokes are as bad as they've always been, I'll be a happy man :)

They did some great things with the closing events of the weekend betas, I hope some of that will be put in to practice too, I reckon there should definitely be a worldwide zombie plague!

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Bumping for the Mad King! Where's the love, people?!

Oderint, dum metuant.

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

Are they making a Halloween Event in GW2 this year??!!

OMG!!! I loved the MAD KING in GW1 !!!  He has a very peculiar sense of humor...^^

Hope they make it!!

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

I'm actually looking forward to making a GW2 version of this video I did for CO. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsoMy_vnC6U&feature=plcp