Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Finally I finished my 1st dungeon.

QSatuQSatu WarsawPosts: 1,735Member Uncommon

I finished with pug story mode AC dungeon. I was expecting some very hard content. I was lvl 36 mesmer. I must say it wasn't as hard as people say. I don't know where those stories come from about how hard this dungeon is for a 1st experience. Sure I died 6 times, mainly during 1st few trash mobs and once during twins battle. I spend most of my time trying to stack confusion on enemies and created chaos fields so my team mates were shooting projectiles through it to stack even more confusion. Overall It was surprisingly fun.

I admit I was very sceptical about dungeons in GW2. From youtube it felt chaotic, uninteresting and claustrophobic. During my actual experience with the dungeon it was quite fun and challenging enough. I guess I learned my lesson to not judge something based on youtube.

What I liked the most was tactics I had to use. I was stunning enemies at the right times, creating combo fields and using focus skill to slow down enemies and pull them away from my allies.. Overall it really didn't feel chaotic. I felt like my team was controling the fight.

And of course everyone are screaming in map chat: LF 1 more member intead of 1 more guardian etc. =P

Comments

• FadedbombFadedbomb Aiken, SCPosts: 2,081Member
    Why do you have Nobunaga's family crest as your avatar :|?

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• QSatuQSatu WarsawPosts: 1,735Member Uncommon
    I played Shogun 2 and liked that crest.
  • timtracktimtrack StockholmPosts: 416Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by QSatu

I spend most of my time trying to stack confusion on enemies and created chaos fields so my team mates were shooting projectiles through it to stack even more confusion. Overall It was surprisingly fun.

That's the key. Many of the PuG's i've run with are full of people who are still stuck in the "I'm DPS specced"-mentality. I did a run yesterday as a Thief and i spent the majority of my time interrupting spells and attacks, and stealth-resurrecting. I could effectively lock down a single mob/boss, only allowing it to perform 2-3 attacks/spells, untill it died. Since everyone else was focusing on DPS'ing they obviously died allot, but i could easily resurrect them with my group-stealth abilities. There were no "wipes".

That's one in the group focusing on support because it was lacking, and the run went just fine. Imagine if everyone pitched in equally.

These dungeons are really best suited for guild groups. They are way more fun with a coordinated group that knows eachothers abilities. You can still get messed up by a crazy mob (i'm looking at you, Knight of Twilight Arbor) if you make a misstake, but you learn not to make misstakes, and how to counter dangerous situations. The best part is that you can never out-gear the dungeons. The only way to "steamroll" a dungeon is to become truly good at playing the game.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter BristolPosts: 2,830Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by timtrack
    Originally posted by QSatu

I spend most of my time trying to stack confusion on enemies and created chaos fields so my team mates were shooting projectiles through it to stack even more confusion. Overall It was surprisingly fun.

That's the key. Many of the PuG's i've run with are full of people who are still stuck in the "I'm DPS specced"-mentality. I did a run yesterday as a Thief and i spent the majority of my time interrupting spells and attacks, and stealth-resurrecting. I could effectively lock down a single mob/boss, only allowing it to perform 2-3 attacks/spells, untill it died. Since everyone else was focusing on DPS'ing they obviously died allot, but i could easily resurrect them with my group-stealth abilities. There were no "wipes".

That's one in the group focusing on support because it was lacking, and the run went just fine. Imagine if everyone pitched in equally.

These dungeons are really best suited for guild groups. They are way more fun with a coordinated group that knows eachothers abilities. You can still get messed up by a crazy mob (i'm looking at you, Knight of Twilight Arbor) if you make a misstake, but you learn not to make misstakes, and how to counter dangerous situations. The best part is that you can never out-gear the dungeons. The only way to "steamroll" a dungeon is to become truly good at playing the game.

Although on the flip side some of the earlier dungeons seem tuned to give challange to level 80s, meaning lower levels will in some ocasions have challenge bordering  frustrating isntead of challenging fun.

At least now rewards are more in line (according to patch notes, no chance to verify it first hand):

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• NaqajNaqaj Frankfurt am MainPosts: 1,673Member
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter

Although on the flip side some of the earlier dungeons seem tuned to give challange to level 80s, meaning lower levels will in some ocasions have challenge bordering  frustrating isntead of challenging fun.

At least now rewards are more in line (according to patch notes, no chance to verify it first hand):

I used to think so too, but after re-running AC and CM with almost the same group than the first time, but significantly less problems, I now think it really is a L2P issue. First time we just didn't play our characters to their full potential, this time we were comboing like pros, CCing, calling targets, moving, ressing, the whole deal. Very manageable. 

Almost dissappointing ;)

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter BristolPosts: 2,830Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Naqaj
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter

I used to think so too, but after re-running AC and CM with almost the same group than the first time, but significantly less problems, I now think it really is a L2P issue. First time we just didn't play our characters to their full potential, this time we were comboing like pros, CCing, calling targets, moving, ressing, the whole deal. Very manageable. 

Almost dissappointing ;)

I'm talking more about explorable mode and I bet between your group you had gained some15 levels and have better equipment.

Obviously learning the game and having good communicaion  helps alot and that is why the rez zerging arguments are silly.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders