Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 is getting a bit more boring, every day i play....

Comments

• rungardrungard Member Posts: 1,035
    Originally posted by Elikal

I feel the same as you, OP. A bit more bored every day, a bit less inclined to log back in. I still can't even 100% say why, but somehow the urge, the desire to log back vanishes slowly but continually.

For once, the last 10-20 levels are just too difficult and strenuous, like sucking all life out of me. And it is too much kill kill kill in the end. *shrug*

So, you're not alone with your feeling, OP.

are you being serious? GW2 is probabally the easiest game to level in the history of mmo's.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Originally posted by rungard
    Originally posted by Elikal I feel the same as you, OP. A bit more bored every day, a bit less inclined to log back in. I still can't even 100% say why, but somehow the urge, the desire to log back vanishes slowly but continually. For once, the last 10-20 levels are just too difficult and strenuous, like sucking all life out of me. And it is too much kill kill kill in the end. *shrug* So, you're not alone with your feeling, OP.
     are you being serious? GW2 is probabally the easiest game to level in the history of mmo's.

Agreed, after level 20 the level curve basically flattens out all the way to 80, only thing that changes on the way to 80 are the difficulty of mobs to fight (and the amount surrounding areas). Unlike many other MMO games where the curve gets really steep halfway to max level.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    Originally posted by TeknoBug

Originally posted by Elikal I feel the same as you, OP. A bit more bored every day, a bit less inclined to log back in. I still can't even 100% say why, but somehow the urge, the desire to log back vanishes slowly but continually. For once, the last 10-20 levels are just too difficult and strenuous, like sucking all life out of me. And it is too much kill kill kill in the end. *shrug* So, you're not alone with your feeling, OP.

Agreed, after level 20 the level curve basically flattens out all the way to 80, only thing that changes on the way to 80 are the difficulty of mobs to fight (and the amount surrounding areas). Unlike many other MMO games where the curve gets really steep halfway to max level.

I don't think he mean how long it takes pe rlevel when he write 'streuneus and life-sucking'.  I can be wrong though.

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by lightningjac
    If I play that much with any game i would get burnt out fast like you just like how i am with borderlands 2 right now and thats a single player/co-op game.

feel the same can't see how people can play any game 8 hours a day everyday and not get bored.. guess people are looking for a game that controls and takes over their life instead of one they can just enjoy alonside their life. With work and my family I'm lucky to get 20 hours a week playing games.

Really depends on the game and what my interests are.

I can play EverQuest, Skyrim, or any other BioWare/Bethesda game hours on end.  Because there is so much you can do that adds depth to your character and the game.  Sometimes I will just want to go dungeon crawling.  But other times I will hunt to get pelts to make bags or work on getting my enchanting up to increase my weapons.  This doesn't take over my life.. but has the opposite effect, allowing me to relax in building something.

Other times I just like simplicity. I put on Pac Man Championship Edition.  Each game is limited to 10 minutes, see if I can beat my high score.  Or a few levels in castle crashers.

Unfortunately I dont get those 8 hour play sessions anymore (the good old days).  With family, kids, and work I am lucky if I get 45 minutes a night.  My Dilemma is now mostly around WHAT do I play?!  Majority of the time I just get anxious over my choices and dont play anything :-)

But I'm getting better....

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237
    [mod edit]

Every game you will buy is a gamble.  If you cant afford the loss then you are in the wrong hobby.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by TeknoBug

LOL - THAT was the point of GW2 leveling. People were complaining they didn't like the leveling curves some games used. I guess the moral of the story is you can't please everyone.

• Rhianni32Rhianni32 Member Posts: 222

Pretty much what I expected. 5 pages of "I need validation of other people agreeing with my opinion!"

Look there are hundreds of MMOs, dozens of video game genres, hundreds of hobbies. So you don't like 1 thing out of a thousands of choices of what to do with your time.  If there was a request for features or changes or discussion on what could be improved that would be one thing. But all this is here is a pity party. [mod edit]

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

@OP

Dont like it, dont play it. It isnt like everyone shares your opinion

Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • MimzelMimzel Member UncommonPosts: 375

I hardly play anymore. I have alot of things going on in RL, so its not like I play 8+ hours a day. The game simply never "kicks off" for me. My personal opinions:

- Everything is endgame translate into lack of progression (how many zones does that cow wander around in anyway?)

- Good bye trinity translates into 4 hour dungeons with countless dying (yeah I know you are leet)

- "All the map is a team" does not make this a social game

- Downleveling is a technical solution for developers, not for gamers like me. I actually want to oneshot things 30 levels lower than me. Downleveling feels like pissing upwind.

- Our guild got 60 members during the first two weeks with 30+ people online during primetime. We still have 60ish members representing, but only 5-7 members online (translates into poor retention on a game basis)

On the upside: Great scenery and atmosphere. No subs. Can return later.

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Haven't played for 2 weeks now. Thought about rolling a new toon but just cannot force myself to repeat all those copy paste zones and lackluster DE's. Help to kill x rats/bandits/centaurs whatever. Tbh this is the shortest MMO experience for me personally. Cities are the best I've seen in any MMO though.
  • NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748
    Originally posted by Mimzel

I hardly play anymore. I have alot of things going on in RL, so its not like I play 8+ hours a day. The game simply never "kicks off" for me. My personal opinions:

- Everything is endgame translate into lack of progression (how many zones does that cow wander around in anyway?)

- Good bye trinity translates into 4 hour dungeons with countless dying (yeah I know you are leet)

- "All the map is a team" does not make this a social game

- Downleveling is a technical solution for developers, not for gamers like me. I actually want to oneshot things 30 levels lower than me. Downleveling feels like pissing upwind.

- Our guild got 60 members during the first two weeks with 30+ people online during primetime. We still have 60ish members representing, but only 5-7 members online (translates into poor retention on a game basis)

On the upside: Great scenery and atmosphere. No subs. Can return later.

This, sadly, is translating pretty well to all the people in my guild. We had some die hard GW fans, and some uber hyped GW2 fanbois, and a lot of people just coming on board to kill time waiting for the next game. Not many of us left. I am still having a good time, but I can feel myself having less of a desire to log in. The game is gorgeous, but does not draw me in.  To me it just feels kind of shallow, and more repetitive than many other MMORPGs. I feel after making level 40 that nothing is really changing. It feels the same now as it did when I was level 20.

Imho, this game just needed more variety in progression. I think progression is there, but it is all just sort of the same and easy, and the important part to me--skills--are done long before you get to level 80. In fact, that is where our guild has lost the most people, folks who just don't feel like they are doing anything but killing for level sake, with no real advancement associated with that level. 

I don't know, I am a casual player, and I feel I got my money's worth, but I just wanted and expected something more than I feel I am getting. It is really just a touch of disappointment I guess, is all. 

That said, like you said, with no subs we can always come back.

• HerodesHerodes Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Originally posted by Naral

That said, like you said, with no subs we can always come back.

...and do the Public Quests solo. ;)
  • RetiredRetired Member UncommonPosts: 744
    Originally posted by PsyMike3d

The 1st week i was so excited and i was playing 5-8 hours per day....

Now, after few weeks, i find myself bored and only playing 2h max and not every day....

I realised, that GW2 is not meant to be a "Main" mmo, just a casual backup game.

I feel Guilds are just chatboxes and nothing more, like most f2p games out there.... 

Any game gets boring  after 5-8 hours a day. wth do you expect?

• nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,062

Now, after few weeks, i find myself bored and only playing 2h max and not every day....

I realised, that GW2 is not meant to be a "Main" mmo, just a casual backup game.

I feel Guilds are just chatboxes and nothing more, like most f2p games out there.... 

1. 5-8 hours a day playing anything, and you will get bored. I learned several years ago to limit myself to only 2-3 hours tops per night in any 1 game, that's why I play 3 different games. On work nights, 4 days a week, I only play GW2 1 hour a day, if that.  On non work nights, 3 days a week, I play around 3 hours a day. 

2. Why can't GW2 be a main MMORPG? Except for pre-WoW MMORPG's, with the rare exception afterwards, all MMO's shouldn't be played obsessively. MMORPG's pre-WoW required tons of grinding, and leveling up with a group was addicting, so you could get away with playing those games all day if you wanted, and you'd still not gain many levels.

3. Most Guilds are just chat boxes in any game since WoW came out. That's because there's just so damned many of them these days, and most games don't have any real purpose for having a guild. Territorial PvP games, sure, hardcore raiding games, sure. 

Just FYI, I'm no fanboi. I've never been enthusiastic about playing GW2, except on the first day because it was new. I just play it because it has a gorgeous world to explore and it's free. I don't even have a character over lvl 40 yet. I also recently resubbed to WoW to play a Monk after not playing that game since WoTLK. I also playing League of Legends and follow their World Championship. So basically, I have no loyalty to GW2. I just think your problem, and many others, is that you get a new game, go balls to the wall in it, and end up burnt out quickly. I know this from experience, since I used to do the same thing until around 2006 or so after I already been playing MMO's for 4 years.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

I like how if you play a lot and are getting bored its your fault for playing too much. But if you play a lot and are still having a blast its because the game is amazing. Just a funny observation.

• umie214umie214 Member Posts: 123
    People devoured gw2 like no other. This is a sign that anet made a great game and that many will be back with content updates. Some people are leaving but new players are constantly streaming in, which means that the game's population has not even dipped.
  • loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944

well the only things that keeps kme away from the game are

-issues from RL

-bugged events

-crappy Trading Post

the funny is that none mentioned bugged events/bad beta, everyone makes a crap criticism about trinity, downed state and all these bullshits which you can complain only if you havent played the game or you have brans in your brain ...

• IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707
    To quote Captain Obvious: Then go play another game. (@op)
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    Originally posted by loulaki

well the only things that keeps kme away from the game are

-issues from RL

-bugged events

-crappy Trading Post

the funny is that none mentioned bugged events/bad beta, everyone makes a crap criticism about trinity, downed state and all these bullshits which you can complain only if you havent played the game or you have brans in your brain ...

That's an easy one. Because the thread title says about being bored with the game, not being fed up with its problems. Ie, people that enjoyed the game but are losing their enthusiasm little by little as opposed to people being aggravated because the game is so problem riddled that they can't enjoy it.

Hope I helped.

• LoverNoFighterLoverNoFighter Member Posts: 294
    Originally posted by IPolygon
    To quote Captain Obvious: Then go play another game. (@op)

Doesn't really solve anything tbh.

• IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707

There is nothing to be solved. Even sex gets dull if you do it 5-8 hours a day.

Edit: typo

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Yeah that happens. Check back in a few months when Anet had the time to add content/features. As for your guild comment, might want to find a different guild maybe, because the way you describe it , it can happen in any MMO.

• moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337
    There is nothing to be solved. Even sex get's dull if you do it 5-8 hours a day.

Not if its with a midget that has terets syndrome.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by abeltensor

There is no endgame.  (thats correct.)  Every class is a Healer/DPS/Tank so wheres the skill when all people do is zerg all the PvE content.  Even in a 5 man group there are no defined roles to play.  No one takes the blame or all the glory.

THAT....makes it a winner.....something different then the classic DPS/Healer/Tank + 'let's skip all the content, let's rush to endgame-THAT's what's important" crap.

Devs everywhere have been catering thos eplayers too much the past 10y.  MMO's means servers with a lot of players in it...not being forced to group up. It's what Blizzard has been spoonfeeding you lot and you started to believe it.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748
    There is nothing to be solved. Even sex get's dull if you do it 5-8 hours a day.

You're playing it wrong. ;-)