Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 is getting a bit more boring, every day i play....

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I dont even see how people have been playing the game this long if they started when it released. 
  • RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136
    Originally posted by Naral
    Originally posted by Badaboom

Yeah its a casual MMO.  Whats your point?  If you are looking for hardcore or something more traditional, look elsewhere.

PS:  GW2 is all game.  All game is endgame.

That is the problem, isn't it? You have experienced all there is to experience in the game, fundamentally, by the time you are half way through the levels. Sure, the scenery changes, but after like level 50 or so the skills don't even change.  Sure there are new mobs, but the lofty goal of "just play for fun, and fun is the endgame," washes with a very VERY small number of people, certainly not enough people to sustain a major game, at least how I see it.

An MMORPG without progression needs to be better than anything out there with regards to play, and unfortunately for many, GW2 does not seem to be delivering.

VERY small number? I think you are stuck thinking of MMOs 10 years ago. Today most game makers have come to understand that the majority of the potential playerbase for any MMO is casual players. Your claim of playing for fun washing with a VERY small number is a stat you made up. Research has been done that shows hardcore players arew the minority.

Your claim of GW2 having no progression is false. You can claim anything you want and claim that many dont like it, but that does not mean the game is not delivering for many others beyond the ones you feel you represent with your claims. When the servers are empty I will believe that GW2 is not delivering for the majority of people who are playing it now. Until then I take your claims with a grain of salt.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by Mannish
    I dont even see how people have been playing the game this long if they started when it released. 

Waiting on FFXIV re-release.

• AshluraAshlura Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Originally posted by abeltensor

There is a reason you and alot of other people, my self included, are getting extremely bored with this game.  It is by nature extremely boring. 

There is no endgame.  (thats correct.)  Every class is a Healer/DPS/Tank so wheres the skill when all people do is zerg all the PvE content.  Even in a 5 man group there are no defined roles to play.  No one takes the blame or all the glory.  Everything about this game is hand-holding.  You enter a new zone, You find the scout then head for the heart thats near your level.  You kill stuff or play a silly minigame, then you explore a bit, but its not really exporing because its all marked on your minimap.  When you are tired of that, you do your Personal story which isnt that personal because by around lvl 35 everyone has the same storyline with minor details changed. Rinse and repeat.  

I absolutely hate the post WoW MMO era.  Pre-wow, it took hours to get one level, getting a reward ment working for it, quests were special events that you did to get unique items and even learning new skills was a mystery in the begining.  Now everything is on rails.  Theres no running across the direlands to get to BSD like in AC or going on a 4 hour epic corpse run because you died to a bunch of level 50 brownies in a zone 3 hours away from your bind point like in EQ.  with the linear leveling system that GW2 has in place, you essentually hit the climax of the game around lvl 5 when you obtain your skills and then everything else just is an after thought.      

IMO, After vinilla wow, the genera known as the MMO died.  All we have left are large chat rooms with detailed graphical UIs and even then with the new phasing enviroment and other features of that nature, the social aspects of these games get lost in translation so to speak.  The devs who are making these games are missing the point by pushing so much on the idea that they need capture a causal audiance of players because MMos by definition are not causial games.  You are supposed to get invested in the character you created.  You are supposed to put a lot of time and effort into playing these games to achieve the smallest of achievements.  Devs seem to think that if they make things more convieniant then the game will be better.  This is false, Extremely false.  

Welcome to my world. After UO all games except for SWG have been dull. LOL

Easier and easier.

• UmbralUmbral Member Posts: 1,051
    Originally posted by grimal

Yeah its a casual MMO.  Whats your point?  If you are looking for hardcore or something more traditional, look elsewhere.

It's an MMO; but some of us want an MMORPG. I think that's where the difference lies.  I don't recall Arenanet ever saying they were taking the RPG aspect out, but it seems like they did (IMO).

For me, basically, PVE GW2 is the following:

Levels 1-5 : Action Fighting MMO

Levels 6+ : Watered-down version of "Tomb Raider" online but limited to jumping puzzles.

See I already own several different versions of Tomb Raider and they do the exploring/puzzle thing much better.  Second, if I wanted that kind of game, I would simply play that. What I want is an online Role Playing Game with others. So I can keep rerolling characters and bring them to level 5 but after a while it gets pretty dull.  (Sidenote: If they do downleveling, can't they also do upleveling??? Since I really don't get anything I care about in advancing the latter levels, I might just prefer to skip the whole experience thing and go to the next area..but then again, it becomes like Tomb Raider and I'm not really looking to play that now)

I have no interest in going back and doing lower levels because, hey, just like in Tomb Raider, once I finish a level I am pretty much done with it.

P.S. In case you are wondering, all this is my opinion.  Feel free to agree/disagree as you like.

Your definition of "RPG" is very personal and I completely disagree.You relate gear and leveling progression to "RPG" mechanics in a very simplistic way.

Keep in mind there is no "pure RPG" in computer gaming, but I can give several examples of games that are considered RPGs and are not limited by this concept of progression. (Vampire Bloodline, Dark Souls & Demon's Souls, Oblivion and the Witcher.)

By your definition Lineage 2 would be a true MMORPG, but the approach of Guild Wars 2, Everquest 2 and Vanguard are much more close to what I want from an electronic RPG than Lineage 2. All these games have RPG mechanics but different approaches, the major difference here is what we want as a player.

I have been playing PC and Console games (and tradicional RPGs) for more than 20 years and your comparison between Guild Wars 2 and Tomb Rider to me is absurd and almost a joke. You said when you past a level in Tomb Raider you are done with it, this is the opposite of what happens in GW2, level downs calling make every past area playable again and in my opinion.

See, in EQ2 I just love to mentor and exprience dungeons and zones more times, I can do the same in Guild Wars 2.Because of it's mechanics lore and atmosphere Guild Wars 2 is more of a RPG to me than games like Lineage 2 and WoW.

The concept of casual and hardcore is also relative. I have the impression people here think they are hardcore because they spent an year leveling in a game like Lineage 2 or raiding in WoW, I have nothing against that but this kind of thing is not an exemple of skill or game/player depth, it is just an example of patience and time dedication, nothing more. 

Fighting games, some RTSs and FPSs are games that truly demand skills from players, MMORPG gamers talking about "challenge" just don't know what they are talking about (and I played UO and EQ).

I understand, Guild Wars 2 is for you just like Tomb Raider. But to me Guild Wars 2 is a cooperative electronic RPG. I have the impression the game is boring to you while to me the game is pretty nice and the only online game I want to spend my time playing, in the end there is no "universal truths" in this discussion.

The funny thing is, these days I don't enjoy "pure" MMO games, but I enjoy RPG games and this is why I really like Guild Wars 2 just like I enjoy Dark Souls and Witcher 2.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    It's sad to see how many people think the core gameplay of GW2 is map completion. It isn't. The game is about dynamic events, which you have obviously missed while you were running between map points. Slow down and pay attention to NPCs and you might realise why the rest of us are having so much fun.
    Originally posted by Umbral

It's an MMO; but some of us want an MMORPG. I think that's where the difference lies.  I don't recall Arenanet ever saying they were taking the RPG aspect out, but it seems like they did (IMO).

Levels 6+ : Watered-down version of "Tomb Raider" online but limited to jumping puzzles.

See I already own several different versions of Tomb Raider and they do the exploring/puzzle thing much better.  Second, if I wanted that kind of game, I would simply play that. What I want is an online Role Playing Game with others. So I can keep rerolling characters and bring them to level 5 but after a while it gets pretty dull.  (Sidenote: If they do downleveling, can't they also do upleveling??? Since I really don't get anything I care about in advancing the latter levels, I might just prefer to skip the whole experience thing and go to the next area..but then again, it becomes like Tomb Raider and I'm not really looking to play that now)

I have no interest in going back and doing lower levels because, hey, just like in Tomb Raider, once I finish a level I am pretty much done with it.

P.S. In case you are wondering, all this is my opinion.  Feel free to agree/disagree as you like.

Your definition of "RPG" is very personal and I completely disagree.You relate gear and leveling progression to "RPG" mechanics in a very simplistic way.

Keep in mind there is no "pure RPG" in computer gaming, but I can give several examples of games that are considered RPGs and are not limited by this concept of progression. (Vampire Bloodline, Dark Souls & Demon's Souls, Oblivion and the Witcher.)

By your definition Lineage 2 would be a true MMORPG, but the approach of Guild Wars 2, Everquest 2 and Vanguard are much more close to what I want from an electronic RPG than Lineage 2. All these games have RPG mechanics but different approaches, the major difference here is what we want as a player.

I have been playing PC and Console games (and tradicional RPGs) for more than 20 years and your comparison between Guild Wars 2 and Tomb Rider to me is absurd and almost a joke. You said when you past a level in Tomb Raider you are done with it, this is the opposite of what happens in GW2, level downs calling make every past area playable again and in my opinion.

See, in EQ2 I just love to mentor and exprience dungeons and zones more times, I can do the same in Guild Wars 2.Because of it's mechanics lore and atmosphere Guild Wars 2 is more of a RPG to me than games like Lineage 2 and WoW.

The concept of casual and hardcore is also relative. I have the impression people here think they are hardcore because they spent an year leveling in a game like Lineage 2 or raiding in WoW, I have nothing against that but this kind of thing is not an exemple of skill or game/player depth, it is just an example of patience and time dedication, nothing more. 

Fighting games, some RTSs and FPSs are games that truly demand skills from players, MMORPG gamers talking about "challenge" just don't know what they are talking about (and I played UO and EQ).

I understand, Guild Wars 2 is for you just like Tomb Raider. But to me Guild Wars 2 is a cooperative electronic RPG. I have the impression the game is boring to you while to me the game is pretty nice and the only online game I want to spend my time playing, in the end there is no "universal truths" in this discussion.

The funny thing is, these days I don't enjoy "pure" MMO games, but I enjoy RPG games and this is why I really like Guild Wars 2 just like I enjoy Dark Souls and Witcher 2.

Sorry, missed the part in my post where I defined what an MMORPG is.  Can you repeat it?  Oh, you can't because I never gave one.  I simply pointed out that the RPG aspect of an MMORPG is missing in GW2. 

Also, just so you know, I do understand the different between Role Playing in a CRPG vs. a PNP RPG.

I tried Lineage 2 but I didnt like it. 

As to your underlined part: It's cooperative, but it lacks any of the RPG elements.  I'd argue it's more akin to Gauntlet than DND.

It appears our definition on an RPG differs...that's fine.  I base my idea of an RPG on the old PNP games (ADnD, Shadowrun, Cyberpunk, Star Wars RPG, etc).  Understandable, when CRPGS came to be, most of the traditional RPG element was pushed aside.  No longer was a DM needed when the world could be created on your very screen.  Sure, there is some roleplaying involved occassionally in MMOS, but that's more to do with the player than the game itself.  I can't relate to the games you mentioned, because I haven't played them (Witcher 2, Dark Souls).  I have played UO and EQ.  The former I enjoyed immensely...the latter, well, not quite as much as UO.  Character Progression/evolution/life/whatever you want to call it has always been the core of the RPG journey.  If you don't agree, simply look back at DND.  It was based on levels. Your journey, if you lived through it all, was the birth of your character at level 1 until whatever you were able to achieve (max was 20 but I never got that high).  Each level granted you improved abilities, higher stats, new skills, ability to use new weapons, ability to go to new areas, etc.   This has been since the very very beginning of DND. 

This "progression" occurred while you went on these great and sometimes not so great adventures.  Sometimes, the adventure came to you.  But always, there was the promise of good loot and experience.  But, personally, I did it for the roleplay...and to build my character.

What GW2 has done is remove this "progression" b/c they seem to think WoW or some other treadmill MMO invented this and hey, people don't really enjoy that so let's remove it.  Let's be so differerent that people won't even know what to do.   We're ANET, we're so different.  Sacrifice this "progression" and we'll give them these amazing platform puzzles and this world that we think is just so so amazing and unlike anything you'll ever see.  And guess what?  Endgame? that starts at level 1 because we say so.

Well, guess what?  I don't find their "different" world so interesting past the first few areas.  In fact, it gets kind of boring.  And second, I like the character progression rooted in a genre I grew up with.  So what are we left with?  Basically nothing.  I see a lot of people claiming they "love" exploring...well, if that's the case, I got a great game for you: it's called Google Earth.  You can "explore" the whole world from your computer and guess what?  There's no treadmill.  I'd be interested to know if you like that game since the graphics are pretty darn good and I hear the map is pretty big too.

Me? I'll take character progression over that any day.

• UmbralUmbral Member Posts: 1,051

Sorry, missed the part in my post where I defined what an MMORPG is.  Can you repeat it?  Oh, you can't because I never gave one.  I simply pointed out that the RPG aspect of an MMORPG is missing in GW2. 

Yes, in your words you showed what is a mmoRPG to you pointing out that the RPG aspec is (in your opinion) missing in GW2 as a MMO and not a RPG. 

Your reaction is not needed, it is not a dispute. I am pretty sure you are an inteligent person and you understood what I said and why I said it, it is completely related to your post.

Also, just so you know, I do understand the different between Role Playing in a CRPG vs. a PNP RPG.

As to your underlined part: It's cooperative, but it lacks any of the RPG elements.  I'd argue it's more akin to Gauntlet than DND.

No, the RPG elements are present in Guild Wars, there is character progression, choices, story progression and many others. See I also was a tradicional RPG player and I understand why Guild Wars 2 is called an RPG, why the Witcher is called an RPG, why EQ is called an RPG and why Dark Souls is called an RPG.

None of them are "pure" RPGs,  but adaptations. Anyway, what you made clear is that in your opinion what you see as a "true RPG" is the combination of aspects used on tradicional MMOs. The idea of gear, character progression you expressed are just like the ones used on tradicional MMOs, nothing more. The rational conclusion is Guild Wars 2 is not a tradicional MMO, something we already knew.

I mentioned EQ2 great mentoring system, does the mentoring removes character progression? Not at all! The same happens with GW2 leveling scalling.

It appears our definition on an RPG differs...that's fine.  I base my idea of an RPG on the old PNP games (ADnD, Shadowrun, Cyberpunk, Star Wars RPG, etc).  Understandable, when CRPGS came to be, most of the traditional RPG element was pushed aside.  No longer was a DM needed when the world could be created on your very screen.  Sure, there is some roleplaying involved occassionally in MMOS, but that's more to do with the player than the game itself. 

If you truly base your idea of a RPG in all the aspects of a PnP game then will won't find true RPGs among MMOs.

I can't relate to the games you mentioned, because I haven't played them (Witcher 2, Dark Souls).  I have played UO and EQ.  The former I enjoyed immensely...the latter, well, not quite as much as UO.  Character Progression/evolution/life/whatever you want to call it has always been the core of the RPG journey. 

You should try The Witcher 2 and Dark Souls, they are truly great games, Dark Souls and Demon's Souls are well known for the challenging aspects of these games and The Witcher 2 for it's great narrative.

Yes, there is character progression in traditional RPGs, I was an avid Vampire player, but character progression in a RPG is not equal to gear/grind progression of MMOs.

To tell the truth, the system of grind progression is a classic mechanic of MMOs but note truly related to RPGs.

You want the progression system of a classic MMO, right? Well, Guild Wars 2 is not what you are looking fore, but not because it is "less" RPG, but it is "less traditional MMO".

This "progression" occurred while you went on these great and sometimes not so great adventures.  Sometimes, the adventure came to you.  But always, there was the promise of good loot and experience.  But, personally, I did it for the roleplay...and to build my character.

What GW2 has done is remove this "progression" b/c they seem to think WoW or some other treadmill MMO invented this and hey, people don't really enjoy that so let's remove it.  Let's be so differerent that people won't even know what to do.   We're ANET, we're so different.  Sacrifice this "progression" and we'll give them these amazing platform puzzles and this world that we think is just so so amazing and unlike anything you'll ever see.  And guess what?  Endgame? that starts at level 1 because we say so.

I have the impression you have a personal issue with the developers. Anyway, there is progression, there is character, player , environment progression, there is lore, exploration and itemization. All the details are there, so we can call Guild Wars 2 an electronic RPG, just like we can call Oblivion an electronic RPG and there is less level progression in Oblivion (everything levels with you) than in Guild Wars.

As I said before, the classic MMO progression is not present in Guild Wars, but lets me honest, the progression in tradicional RPG games also has nothing to do with EQ,UO,MMO grind.

I am pretty sure you can find the traditional MMO progression in many games today, but expect to find different concepts of character progression in different games from traditional PnP games to computer, console, single and multiplayer RPGs.

• GMan33GMan33 Member UncommonPosts: 79

Well the beauty of MMOs is when you dont like the one your playing, there is always another one to try. And i done that and im happy. Guild Wars 2 is not a bad game, of course not, but it most definitely does not cater to what i want in a MMO game, as many here also have expressed.

So overall, GW2 great, but not what im looking for :)

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461
    Originally posted by evilastro
    It's sad to see how many people think the core gameplay of GW2 is map completion. It isn't. The game is about dynamic events, which you have obviously missed while you were running between map points. Slow down and pay attention to NPCs and you might realise why the rest of us are having so much fun.

I have to agree with this.. I have realized that the events were to be the main source of adventure XP and it sorta makes sense..

In life we are surrounded by events.. Consequences and reactions of each event spawing or creating other events that could ultimately send ripples throughout our world..

The game tries to mimic this and really does create a great foundation for other 'themeparks' to follow (if they are to continue being profitable)..

I really feel like they should have made the hearts repeatable.. The tasks kinda feel like jobs or occupations.. Why not allow players to repeat them daily and say after doing a certain one so many times get rewarded a special 'occupation' title.. So if you stand gaurd at a post and do a heart that has you protecting someone or something maybe you can eventually get recognized as a gaurd of that faction or something..

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Took me this long just to find a main class to play! Too many good choices but I am finally loving my Mesmer and moving forward! To each their own I suppose.

• dimasokdimasok Member UncommonPosts: 183

I got bored after reaching the cap. However, I was also playing a lot of the beta tests so I am sure that factored in to my eventual boredom.

I love the game though and I am sure that a short break will bring me back. There is still half a map to explore, pvp and running alts.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by Umbral

It appears our definition on an RPG differs...that's fine.  I base my idea of an RPG on the old PNP games (ADnD, Shadowrun, Cyberpunk, Star Wars RPG, etc).  Understandable, when CRPGS came to be, most of the traditional RPG element was pushed aside.  No longer was a DM needed when the world could be created on your very screen.  Sure, there is some roleplaying involved occassionally in MMOS, but that's more to do with the player than the game itself.  I can't relate to the games you mentioned, because I haven't played them (Witcher 2, Dark Souls).  I have played UO and EQ.  The former I enjoyed immensely...the latter, well, not quite as much as UO.  Character Progression/evolution/life/whatever you want to call it has always been the core of the RPG journey.  If you don't agree, simply look back at DND.  It was based on levels. Your journey, if you lived through it all, was the birth of your character at level 1 until whatever you were able to achieve (max was 20 but I never got that high).  Each level granted you improved abilities, higher stats, new skills, ability to use new weapons, ability to go to new areas, etc.   This has been since the very very beginning of DND. 

Well, guess what?  I don't find their "different" world so interesting past the first few areas.  In fact, it gets kind of boring.  And second, I like the character progression rooted in a genre I grew up with.  So what are we left with?  Basically nothing.  I see a lot of people claiming they "love" exploring...well, if that's the case, I got a great game for you: it's called Google Earth.  You can "explore" the whole world from your computer and guess what?  There's no treadmill.  I'd be interested to know if you like that game since the graphics are pretty darn good and I hear the map is pretty big too.

Sounds to me like you havent even played the game if you think theres no progression. Or maybe youre just one of those people who is stuck in a teeny tiny little box and if something isnt done the exact same way as its always been done, it doesnt exist.

Try going into WvWvW at level 5-10, find a levl 80 to fight, then come back and say theres no progression after he stomps the crap out of you with his 70 Trait points increasing multiple stats, adding bonus passives & procs, the extra pieces of armor he has that you dont, the upgrades slottd into his gear that add multiple stats and at a higher number than the ones you have, his food buffs which also do multiple stats and at a higher number than youre capable of at lower level, the rare, exotic, and legendary gear which doesnt even exist at lower levels, and the 3 utility skills + elite skill that youre not even able to slot all picked from a selection of skills you dont even have access to.

Hmmm yeah I guess youre right. None of those things I listed exist in the game. Theres no progression at all. /sarcasm

• TalinTalin Member UncommonPosts: 918
    I've been playing 5-8 hours a week since launch, and loving progressing through the PvE world, the storyline, and a little dabbling at PvP/WvW(vW). If I was playing more than that, I do think some of the repetition would likely wear on me over time. I have a demanding job and wonderful family, so all GW2 is to me is a light hobby.
  • ImperialSunImperialSun Member Posts: 212
    Originally posted by botrytis
    Originally posted by SnarlingWolf

You're not the only one OP. People are leaving the game in droves and the amount of hours played is going down quickly.

It is a game full of TASKS, not quests and interesting content. It is 99% kill this, gather this, destroy this, over and over and over and over and over and over. Hey a new heart I wonder if I will be killing, destroying and collecting.... yup. Hey a new DE I wonder if I will be killing or collecting... ooohhh it is killing this time.

In every other MMO players have complained about the amount of killtasks added over real quests. In GW2 the rabid fans someone called making the game 99% killtasks... "innovation".

In every other MMO people expect to either get the game for free and have a store, or buy a box and pay a monthly fee. With GW2 you pay a box AND have a store. Guess what the fans called it? "Innovation and the future of gaming", man I hope paying $60 more for the same model is not the future of MMO gaming.

Someone should really make a new Xfire numbers thread for good measure too, those are more interesting than the same 75 threads where some people defend the awesomeness of GW2 while all the others point out the flaws.

Xfire is arbitrary numbers - because how many % of GW2 players have it installed? 0.5%, 1% 10%? this needs to be known for all the games, so it is a level comparison can be made. Just saying Xfire says this game is dead is not doing anyone any justice.

Always love this sort of climb down :)

Whilst maybe not you personally, many, many, many rabid GW2 fanboys held up the xfire numbers as absolute proof of how well the game was doing and used the data as validation that GW2 has changed the MMORPG landscape forever (snigger)...

Now just because people are bored of the game even more quickly than people got bored of SWTOR, suddenly xfire becomes arbitrary and meaningless.....like I said maybe not you peronsally, but fanboys in general can't have it both ways....:)

Driz

• ImperialSunImperialSun Member Posts: 212
    Originally posted by Yakamomoto
    Originally posted by JayFiveAlive
    Originally posted by Yakamomoto
    Originally posted by JayFiveAlive

All of my friends and I are at this point as well - we played the first two weeks and enjoyed it quite a bit until these exact things started to sink in. Bummer cause I really was hoping I'd have an MMO to play a few years. Now I am just glad for no monthly fee! I guess the next game I am looking forward to is ArchAge... years away :(

Is Archeage really *years* away?? I thought it is nearly finished? Anyway, that title is on my radard, so is World of Darkness by CCP, but that will still take some time. Until then I´m having fun with Secret World (awesome), X-Com (Demo released!!) and Planetside 2 (got a beta key, yay!) Also I sense a SWTOR expansion..don´t know why but I think Christmas might bring some surprises.

Most likely at least 2 years - it's supposed to come out in Korea sometime late next year and still no NA publisher announced, it's very likely to be a 2014+ title for us with conversions and all that :(

I got plenty non-MMOs to play as well. XCOM as you mentioned (demo was awesome.. really thought they did a damn good job!) Sleeping Dogs, Dishonored to name a few. XCOM I am excited about most! Loved the first few...

I'll take the first commercial AAA sandbox MMO which hits the market. Hopefully WoD, but Gw2 bores me to tears. If it must be themepark, at least give us meaningful tasks to do and great story, and Gw2 failed in both departments. Therefore many people get bored. 

Check out Black Desert...looks like it could be really good :)

Driz

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    by the end of the first week i was utterly bored of the PVE....
    Originally posted by kaiser3282

Sounds to me like you havent even played the game if you think theres no progression. Or maybe youre just one of those people who is stuck in a teeny tiny little box and if something isnt done the exact same way as its always been done, it doesnt exist.

Try going into WvWvW at level 5-10, find a levl 80 to fight, then come back and say theres no progression after he stomps the crap out of you with his 70 Trait points increasing multiple stats, adding bonus passives & procs, the extra pieces of armor he has that you dont, the upgrades slottd into his gear that add multiple stats and at a higher number than the ones you have, his food buffs which also do multiple stats and at a higher number than youre capable of at lower level, the rare, exotic, and legendary gear which doesnt even exist at lower levels, and the 3 utility skills + elite skill that youre not even able to slot all picked from a selection of skills you dont even have access to.

Hmmm yeah I guess youre right. None of those things I listed exist in the game. Theres no progression at all. /sarcasm

I've been playing since Early Access.  I was talking about PVE.  I don't have much interest in WvWvW.

@ Umbal:

Obviously, what I am looking for in an MMORPG and RPG differs from what you want.  We'll just have to agree to disagree.  I appreciate the suggestions for other games.  Maybe I'll run into you in a game we both enjoy.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

I feel the same as you, OP. A bit more bored every day, a bit less inclined to log back in. I still can't even 100% say why, but somehow the urge, the desire to log back vanishes slowly but continually.

For once, the last 10-20 levels are just too difficult and strenuous, like sucking all life out of me. And it is too much kill kill kill in the end. *shrug*

So, you're not alone with your feeling, OP.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Eletheryl
    Originally posted by ImperialSun
    Originally posted by botrytis
    Originally posted by SnarlingWolf

You're not the only one OP. People are leaving the game in droves and the amount of hours played is going down quickly.

It is a game full of TASKS, not quests and interesting content. It is 99% kill this, gather this, destroy this, over and over and over and over and over and over. Hey a new heart I wonder if I will be killing, destroying and collecting.... yup. Hey a new DE I wonder if I will be killing or collecting... ooohhh it is killing this time.

In every other MMO players have complained about the amount of killtasks added over real quests. In GW2 the rabid fans someone called making the game 99% killtasks... "innovation".

In every other MMO people expect to either get the game for free and have a store, or buy a box and pay a monthly fee. With GW2 you pay a box AND have a store. Guess what the fans called it? "Innovation and the future of gaming", man I hope paying $60 more for the same model is not the future of MMO gaming.

Someone should really make a new Xfire numbers thread for good measure too, those are more interesting than the same 75 threads where some people defend the awesomeness of GW2 while all the others point out the flaws.

Xfire is arbitrary numbers - because how many % of GW2 players have it installed? 0.5%, 1% 10%? this needs to be known for all the games, so it is a level comparison can be made. Just saying Xfire says this game is dead is not doing anyone any justice.

Always love this sort of climb down :)

Whilst maybe not you personally, many, many, many rabid GW2 fanboys held up the xfire numbers as absolute proof of how well the game was doing and used the data as validation that GW2 has changed the MMORPG landscape forever (snigger)...

Now just because people are bored of the game even more quickly than people got bored of SWTOR, suddenly xfire becomes arbitrary and meaningless.....like I said maybe not you peronsally, but fanboys in general can't have it both ways....:)

Driz

People here have been talking about GW2 as the new MMO messiah, ¨the best themepark MMO of the history¨, the game who will change everything, is nothing like that and to be honest they just dont want to accept the sad truth about the game, is a good MMO, but thats all. People is getting bored fast even more than swtor, and Anet cant deal with the overpopulation of bots, hackers and goldspammers. Do you guys really believe that having full servers 24/7 is because the game have an insane amount of active players?, thats because bots dont sleep. 

People who play 5-12 hrs a day everyday will get burned out on any game. It is fact. It doesn't matter what game it is - there are people who like to rush to be first to be 'UBER'. In Rift, one person got to max level in 2 days - why not other games.

There are not that many bots - please get a clue before you actually talk about something. Gold spammers are in every game - please don't make it sound like it is ONLY GW2 - your bias is showing.

Originally posted by Elikal

I feel the same as you, OP. A bit more bored every day, a bit less inclined to log back in. I still can't even 100% say why, but somehow the urge, the desire to log back vanishes slowly but continually.

For once, the last 10-20 levels are just too difficult and strenuous, like sucking all life out of me. And it is too much kill kill kill in the end. *shrug*

So, you're not alone with your feeling, OP.

LOL.

I feel very much the same.  I launch up the game, hop on one character, realize I don't want to play it...eventually cycling through all my characters until I realize I really don't want to play it at all.  Walk away for about 30 mins.  Come back, do the same thing.

These are my evenings as of late.

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

Not all that fussed with logging into it myself now really. Just for the occasional dabble in sPvP and even then I am not too drawn to it as I prefer other games for filling that particular niche.

I'll keep going back to it from time to time, which is why it is good value as it can sit nicely alongside one of the upcoming games that look interesting. And being fair to the game, I didn't expect it to do any more.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• ThaneUlfgarThaneUlfgar Member Posts: 283

OP: I haven't logged in in a little while either.

It's called Borderlands 2.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
       I also has pretty much stopped, but I have no regrets...it can stay on the HD and I can log in when ever the mood stikes me

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin