Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 is getting a bit more boring, every day i play....

Comments

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363
    Originally posted by JayFiveAlive
    Originally posted by Yakamomoto

All of my friends and I are at this point as well - we played the first two weeks and enjoyed it quite a bit until these exact things started to sink in. Bummer cause I really was hoping I'd have an MMO to play a few years. Now I am just glad for no monthly fee! I guess the next game I am looking forward to is ArchAge... years away :(

Is Archeage really *years* away?? I thought it is nearly finished? Anyway, that title is on my radard, so is World of Darkness by CCP, but that will still take some time. Until then I´m having fun with Secret World (awesome), X-Com (Demo released!!) and Planetside 2 (got a beta key, yay!) Also I sense a SWTOR expansion..don´t know why but I think Christmas might bring some surprises.

Most likely at least 2 years - it's supposed to come out in Korea sometime late next year and still no NA publisher announced, it's very likely to be a 2014+ title for us with conversions and all that :(

I got plenty non-MMOs to play as well. XCOM as you mentioned (demo was awesome.. really thought they did a damn good job!) Sleeping Dogs, Dishonored to name a few. XCOM I am excited about most! Loved the first few...

I'll take the first commercial AAA sandbox MMO which hits the market. Hopefully WoD, but Gw2 bores me to tears. If it must be themepark, at least give us meaningful tasks to do and great story, and Gw2 failed in both departments. Therefore many people get bored. 

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I haven't logged in for about 2 weeks now.  It was pretty fun at first and theres a few features I'd like to see every MMO adopt (no fighting for resource or mobs being the big one) but it just didn't keep my interest.  I'll probably drop in once in awhile but I don't think I'll ever get a character to 80.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• sertioussertious Member Posts: 29

I'm with some of the posters in this thread.  Granted the game is still amazing, each alt I make, each area I go into (minus the bugs and glitches associated with them lol) are absolutely amazing.  Granted my highest toon just hit 50 so a lot of this is still new to me.  

But I think I played so much since i've gotten the game, there are boring times.  But thankfully it is B2P so I can take a break without thinking "omg i'm paying monthly so I have to play".  Play for a little bit, spend time with the family, maybe even play some ps3 or something if I get bored than come back to gw2 and feel a little excitement again.

Game is amazing just we all have to take breaks every now and than to try to keep it fresh.  And with Anet working on some of the issues, taking a break every now and than isnt a bad thing. 

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186
    Originally posted by PsyMike3d

The 1st week i was so excited and i was playing 5-8 hours per day....

Now, after few weeks, i find myself bored and only playing 2h max and not every day....

I realised, that GW2 is not meant to be a "Main" mmo, just a casual backup game.

I feel Guilds are just chatboxes and nothing more, like most f2p games out there.... 

Welcome to the Club friend!

• 0Neo00Neo0 Member UncommonPosts: 47

There is a reason you and alot of other people, my self included, are getting extremely bored with this game. It is by nature extremely boring.

(There is no endgame. (thats correct.) Every class is a Healer/DPS/Tank so wheres the skill when all people do is zerg all the PvE content. Even in a 5 man group there are no defined roles to play. No one takes the blame or all the glory. Everything about this game is hand-holding. You enter a new zone, You find the scout then head for the heart thats near your level. You kill stuff or play a silly minigame, then you explore a bit, but its not really exporing because its all marked on your minimap. When you are tired of that, you do your Personal story which isnt that personal because by around lvl 35 everyone has the same storyline with minor details changed. Rinse and repeat.

I absolutely hate the post WoW MMO era. Pre-wow, it took hours to get one level, getting a reward ment working for it, quests were special events that you did to get unique items and even learning new skills was a mystery in the begining. Now everything is on rails. Theres no running across the direlands to get to BSD like in AC or going on a 4 hour epic corpse run because you died to a bunch of level 50 brownies in a zone 3 hours away from your bind point like in EQ. with the linear leveling system that GW2 has in place, you essentually hit the climax of the game around lvl 5 when you obtain your skills and then everything else just is an after thought.

IMO, After vinilla wow, the genera known as the MMO died. All we have left are large chat rooms with detailed graphical UIs and even then with the new phasing enviroment and other features of that nature, the social aspects of these games get lost in translation so to speak. The devs who are making these games are missing the point by pushing so much on the idea that they need capture a causal audiance of players because MMos by definition are not causial games. You are supposed to get invested in the character you created. You are supposed to put a lot of time and effort into playing these games to achieve the smallest of achievements. Devs seem to think that if they make things more convieniant then the game will be better. This is false, Extremely false.)

+1

My last purchased mmo was quiet a while ago,Conan was the start of the linear garbage.

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

It feels more like a small scale multiplayer game and not a full on mmo to me. But given there is no sub, I am fine with that. I just log on every so often for a bit of casual sPvP or WvWvW when it takes my fancy.

I just had to readjust my approach to the game, alter my expectations in comparison to what I would expect from a more full on mmo. After that it seems good value and I enjoy my time within the game.

I think it will go nicely with Unholy Wars. The latter will take up most of my gaming free time and yet if I fancy a change of pace I can pop onto GW2 for a blast up without having to worry about the fact that I am "out of touch" because I haven't logged in for a while.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Four problems with the game :

1) Too easy as all newer mmos have become.

2) Because its too easy you really don't need friends and a community as all newer mmos have become.

3) You get most all skills by level 5, and most all the rest by level 40.

4) Lots of fun features, but there all to make the game easer, and you have all of them figured out by level 20. So big deal.

All mmo's have become 30 hits as of the last few years.  I don't know about everyone else but once I figure everything out I done with the game no matter what level I am......Now if GW2 were community driven, I would play longer, if not years.

I still log in but only for an hour now and then.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Yeah, I have same thing.  Bough it had some fun and now it is not interesting anymore. Only WvWvW maybe but in very small quanitites and deffo not everyday.

It is not because game is bad or something.  It is because it is not my type of mmorpg.  I was sure about that it never could be long-term or main mmorpg game for me, just was not suspecting that it will end so fast. 

I also haven't played huge number of hours aside of first  beta weekend maybe - when I really played intensively through weekend.  

After release not so much - I have one character at 14 level, another one at 10 level and almost don't play arenas so it is not because I spent time there.

• eAzydamaneAzydaman Member Posts: 218

All of my friends and I are at this point as well - we played the first two weeks and enjoyed it quite a bit until these exact things started to sink in. Bummer cause I really was hoping I'd have an MMO to play a few years. Now I am just glad for no monthly fee! I guess the next game I am looking forward to is ArchAge... years away :(

Is Archeage really *years* away?? I thought it is nearly finished? Anyway, that title is on my radard, so is World of Darkness by CCP, but that will still take some time. Until then I´m having fun with Secret World (awesome), X-Com (Demo released!!) and Planetside 2 (got a beta key, yay!) Also I sense a SWTOR expansion..don´t know why but I think Christmas might bring some surprises.

Most likely at least 2 years - it's supposed to come out in Korea sometime late next year and still no NA publisher announced, it's very likely to be a 2014+ title for us with conversions and all that :(

I got plenty non-MMOs to play as well. XCOM as you mentioned (demo was awesome.. really thought they did a damn good job!) Sleeping Dogs, Dishonored to name a few. XCOM I am excited about most! Loved the first few...

I'll take the first commercial AAA sandbox MMO which hits the market. Hopefully WoD, but Gw2 bores me to tears. If it must be themepark, at least give us meaningful tasks to do and great story, and Gw2 failed in both departments. Therefore many people get bored. 

Stop acting like your statements are fact lmfao. It failed FOR YOU. Have fun waiting for WoD when the company clearly is focusing on DUST 514. Go outside and do RL stuff instead, come back in 5 years and you will be just in time to check out the next sandbox failure.

Originally posted by Aodhan

There is a reason you and alot of other people, my self included, are getting extremely bored with this game. It is by nature extremely boring.

(There is no endgame. (thats correct.) Every class is a Healer/DPS/Tank so wheres the skill when all people do is zerg all the PvE content. Even in a 5 man group there are no defined roles to play. No one takes the blame or all the glory. Everything about this game is hand-holding. You enter a new zone, You find the scout then head for the heart thats near your level. You kill stuff or play a silly minigame, then you explore a bit, but its not really exporing because its all marked on your minimap. When you are tired of that, you do your Personal story which isnt that personal because by around lvl 35 everyone has the same storyline with minor details changed. Rinse and repeat.

I absolutely hate the post WoW MMO era. Pre-wow, it took hours to get one level, getting a reward ment working for it, quests were special events that you did to get unique items and even learning new skills was a mystery in the begining. Now everything is on rails. Theres no running across the direlands to get to BSD like in AC or going on a 4 hour epic corpse run because you died to a bunch of level 50 brownies in a zone 3 hours away from your bind point like in EQ. with the linear leveling system that GW2 has in place, you essentually hit the climax of the game around lvl 5 when you obtain your skills and then everything else just is an after thought.

IMO, After vinilla wow, the genera known as the MMO died. All we have left are large chat rooms with detailed graphical UIs and even then with the new phasing enviroment and other features of that nature, the social aspects of these games get lost in translation so to speak. The devs who are making these games are missing the point by pushing so much on the idea that they need capture a causal audiance of players because MMos by definition are not causial games. You are supposed to get invested in the character you created. You are supposed to put a lot of time and effort into playing these games to achieve the smallest of achievements. Devs seem to think that if they make things more convieniant then the game will be better. This is false, Extremely false.)

+1

My last purchased mmo was quiet a while ago,Conan was the start of the linear garbage.

I agree somewhat with what you say, but nowdays i'm a full time PVPer in any MMO I play so i'm pretty happy with GW2 right now and after they implement a ladder system for sPVP it will really last long term for me.

In DAOC which was the last good MMO I played you could loose hours upon hours of gameplay from only 1 pve death :P

But you should never compare anything to World of pokemon, that game was never hard. GW2 actually requires you to look at your screen lol

• caetftlcaetftl Member Posts: 358

My friend who still plays WoW, was linking me to all the progression movies by Jack...  Looking back made me realize how much WoW has been taken for granted.  People claim it was never hard, it was, for top progression guilds, sure for people who overgeared content and waited til raids were nerfed for the masses, flew through it, but when you did stuff prenerf it was hard.  Some fights had a lot of stuff going on, and it was very easy to wipe the raid if players weren't on the ball. 

But aside from the difficulty level of the game, depending how fast and hardcore you were.. I think people take for granted the boss mechanics.  Some of the raids and bosses and stories in that game were pretty damn cool, looking back at ulduar now without my diehard progression goggles on, it really had some cool themes and some great bosses.  Same with all the original raids of course. 

Originally posted by caetftl

My friend who still plays WoW, was linking me to all the progression movies by Jack...  Looking back made me realize how much WoW has been taken for granted.  People claim it was never hard, it was, for top progression guilds, sure for people who overgeared content and waited til raids were nerfed for the masses, flew through it, but when you did stuff prenerf it was hard.  Some fights had a lot of stuff going on, and it was very easy to wipe the raid if players weren't on the ball. 

But aside from the difficulty level of the game, depending how fast and hardcore you were.. I think people take for granted the boss mechanics.  Some of the raids and bosses and stories in that game were pretty damn cool, looking back at ulduar now without my diehard progression goggles on, it really had some cool themes and some great bosses.  Same with all the original raids of course. 

Sure, but remember that people could always check strats on the web and complete raids with ease. Even if you get the strats on how to beat a boss in GW the combat system and unpredicable aggro will make the fights hard regardless. Corpse running makes the fights pretty easy though, if I would change one thing it would be to remove close checkpoints and make trash mobs respawn.

WOW raids are so damn scripted and once you learn how to deal with it you roflstomp.

• redman875redman875 Member Posts: 230

Ilove it when someone says something negative about this game, specifically referencing their lack of interest and motive to login....and like6-12 people feel the need to tell them they play too much or that they are burned out on mmo's...

The game has no endgame...guilds are just chatrooms with no competative or territorial aspect to conquer and defend ect.

Playing less or taking a break isnt going to fix these issues..neither is attempting to make these complaints look like isolated events that are the fault of the OP and not the game.

Also theres been no mention from anet on any plans to  "put the guild back in guildwars" or to even try to sell you guys the endgame in an expansion...though i seriously doubt they are too stupid to realize that no endgame means this game dies fast.

I really belive that if this game didnt have the unusual hype and lack of sub that this game would make SWTOR look like a successful post launch.  I mean at least that game tried to do an endgame for both pve and pvp...despite both sucked.

Originally posted by redman875

Ilove it when someone says something negative about this game, specifically referencing their lack of interest and motive to login....and like6-12 people feel the need to tell them they play too much or that they are burned out on mmo's...

The game has no endgame...guilds are just chatrooms with no competative or territorial aspect to conquer and defend ect.

Playing less or taking a break isnt going to fix these issues..neither is attempting to make these complaints look like isolated events that are the fault of the OP and not the game.

Also theres been no mention from anet on any plans to  "put the guild back in guildwars" or to even try to sell you guys the endgame in an expansion...though i seriously doubt they are too stupid to realize that no endgame means this game dies fast.

I really belive that if this game didnt have the unusual hype and lack of sub that this game would make SWTOR look like a successful post launch.  I mean at least that game tried to do an endgame for both pve and pvp...despite both sucked.

They suck for you yup. If you need endgame go play something else. PVP in this game is awesome IMO, it's DAOC's rvr with action/twitch based combat. Haven't had this much fun in a 5v5 setup since I was doing CS.

• caetftlcaetftl Member Posts: 358
    Originally posted by eAzydaman
    Originally posted by caetftl

Sure, but remember that people could always check strats on the web and complete raids with ease. Even if you get the strats on how to beat a boss in GW the combat system and unpredicable aggro will make the fights hard regardless. Corpse running makes the fights pretty easy though, if I would change one thing it would be to remove close checkpoints and make trash mobs respawn.

WOW raids are so damn scripted and once you learn how to deal with it you roflstomp.

Yes and no, you weren't doing heroic ICC even if the top progression guilds posted their vids and strats, if you didn't have a decent group early on.  And obviously diehard progression raiders were doing this stuff before the strats were all over the net. 

• smh_alotsmh_alot Member Posts: 976

? This makes no sense as a statement. GW2 has its L80 zones, its PvP arenas, its dungeons, its World vs World PvP. You think other MMO's have better PvE and PvP? What, the WoW raid dungeons? Aren't we reading all the time on these exact forums how people have become fed up with raid dungeons and gear progression?

Or let's get rid of it all, and look what endgame was in pre-WoW games like DAoC and EQ: in DAoC you had 3-faction RvR - GW2's WvW comes closest - and EQ's open-world raids. That was it. Do you think the current MMO gamers incl the 1st generation vets would be happy with only that?
  • ChrisReitzChrisReitz Member Posts: 115
    Guildwars 2 isnt a backup mmo you are crazy. Just cause you dont like it and you get bored easily. I really do mean easily doesnt make it a backup mmorpg. Go outside read a book go play something else quit complaining.
  • halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Originally posted by ChrisReitz
    Guildwars 2 isnt a backup mmo you are crazy. Just cause you dont like it and you get bored easily. I really do mean easily doesnt make it a backup mmorpg. Go outside read a book go play something else quit complaining.

I am sure he is talking about himself when he says GW2 is a back up MMO. If he is crazy for giving his opinion then i guess we all are crazy?

• amadeuzamadeuz Member Posts: 73

I still have a great time playing GW2. I have a  tons of my check lists that I want to progress in GW2, such as,

- Finding  my best builds for my characters in PvP, in WvWvW. 

- Grinding for the awesome look of gears, and Exotic gears.

- Clear all the explorable mode of every dungeons and collect all of the gear dungeons.

- Map Completion 100%

- Get the Dragon Rank in sPVP

- And finally, I will not stop playing it until I get Legendary gears and show off to my Guildmates

PLUS, The good things about GW2 is I can wait the new contents, the new patches without paying any sub fees every month. And I love there is no gear treadmills in this game, so no need to rush the game and grinding for the most powerful gears to play the endgame. Also I can take a break from GW2 and playing other offline games and back to play GW2 again anytime what I want without wasting any sub fees for this online game.

Except you really hate the concept in this game , so I can't see the reason to throw away the game, and stop playing GW2 forever.

• CallsignVegaCallsignVega Member UncommonPosts: 288
    Originally posted by eAzydaman

They suck for you yup. If you need endgame go play something else. PVP in this game is awesome IMO, it's DAOC's rvr with action/twitch based combat. Haven't had this much fun in a 5v5 setup since I was doing CS.

You just didn't compare GW2 to DAoC did you? The latter utterly destroys GW2 in PvP.

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850
    Sure glad no gear grind....from what you listed two are grinding gear...the other is titles or rank...and achievements...sure glad it is not like other games....
  • amadeuzamadeuz Member Posts: 73
    Originally posted by Ausare
    Sure glad no gear grind....from what you listed two are grinding gear...the other is titles or rank...and achievements...sure glad it is not like other games....

What I just said, I love the progression and grinding what they offer in this game. I didn't say this game has no grind.

Again Grinding =/= Gear Treadmills  :) (cuz Gear Treadmills you have to grind forever everytimes they have the new patches which include new tiers of gears.)

• MavekMavek Member Posts: 138
    Originally posted by abeltensor

There is a reason you and alot of other people, my self included, are getting extremely bored with this game.  It is by nature extremely boring. 

There is no endgame.  (thats correct.)  Every class is a Healer/DPS/Tank so wheres the skill when all people do is zerg all the PvE content.  Even in a 5 man group there are no defined roles to play.  No one takes the blame or all the glory.  Everything about this game is hand-holding.  You enter a new zone, You find the scout then head for the heart thats near your level.  You kill stuff or play a silly minigame, then you explore a bit, but its not really exporing because its all marked on your minimap.  When you are tired of that, you do your Personal story which isnt that personal because by around lvl 35 everyone has the same storyline with minor details changed. Rinse and repeat.  

I absolutely hate the post WoW MMO era.  Pre-wow, it took hours to get one level, getting a reward ment working for it, quests were special events that you did to get unique items and even learning new skills was a mystery in the begining.  Now everything is on rails.  Theres no running across the direlands to get to BSD like in AC or going on a 4 hour epic corpse run because you died to a bunch of level 50 brownies in a zone 3 hours away from your bind point like in EQ.  with the linear leveling system that GW2 has in place, you essentually hit the climax of the game around lvl 5 when you obtain your skills and then everything else just is an after thought.      

IMO, After vinilla wow, the genera known as the MMO died.  All we have left are large chat rooms with detailed graphical UIs and even then with the new phasing enviroment and other features of that nature, the social aspects of these games get lost in translation so to speak.  The devs who are making these games are missing the point by pushing so much on the idea that they need capture a causal audiance of players because MMos by definition are not causial games.  You are supposed to get invested in the character you created.  You are supposed to put a lot of time and effort into playing these games to achieve the smallest of achievements.  Devs seem to think that if they make things more convieniant then the game will be better.  This is false, Extremely false.  

I completely agree.  I strongly dislike the path mmos have gone of instant gratification.  Sure, I dont have as my time as I used to to play games but being able to go form level 75-76 in gw2 in half an hour is rediculous in my opinion.  I want an epic struggle, I want to fight tougher monsters over time, not something reskinned and is now level 75 as opposed to a mob with the same base name and avatar in a beginner zone.  I'm sad :(

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Originally posted by abeltensor

There is a reason you and alot of other people, my self included, are getting extremely bored with this game.  It is by nature extremely boring. 

There is no endgame.  (thats correct.)  Every class is a Healer/DPS/Tank so wheres the skill when all people do is zerg all the PvE content.  Even in a 5 man group there are no defined roles to play.  No one takes the blame or all the glory.  Everything about this game is hand-holding.  You enter a new zone, You find the scout then head for the heart thats near your level.  You kill stuff or play a silly minigame, then you explore a bit, but its not really exporing because its all marked on your minimap.  When you are tired of that, you do your Personal story which isnt that personal because by around lvl 35 everyone has the same storyline with minor details changed. Rinse and repeat.  

I absolutely hate the post WoW MMO era.  Pre-wow, it took hours to get one level, getting a reward ment working for it, quests were special events that you did to get unique items and even learning new skills was a mystery in the begining.  Now everything is on rails.  Theres no running across the direlands to get to BSD like in AC or going on a 4 hour epic corpse run because you died to a bunch of level 50 brownies in a zone 3 hours away from your bind point like in EQ.  with the linear leveling system that GW2 has in place, you essentually hit the climax of the game around lvl 5 when you obtain your skills and then everything else just is an after thought.      

IMO, After vinilla wow, the genera known as the MMO died.  All we have left are large chat rooms with detailed graphical UIs and even then with the new phasing enviroment and other features of that nature, the social aspects of these games get lost in translation so to speak.  The devs who are making these games are missing the point by pushing so much on the idea that they need capture a causal audiance of players because MMos by definition are not causial games.  You are supposed to get invested in the character you created.  You are supposed to put a lot of time and effort into playing these games to achieve the smallest of achievements.  Devs seem to think that if they make things more convieniant then the game will be better.  This is false, Extremely false.  

Awesome post, it sums up my feelings far better then I could.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

when u play 5-8 hours a day what does one think will happen?

you'll get bored,sooner rather than later.Especially with todays MMO's,where people burn through them in a matter of weeks..

this is why I only play like 2,3 or 4 hours max spread throughout a day.