Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 is getting a bit more boring, every day i play....

Comments

• ValkaernValkaern Member UncommonPosts: 497

At 80 with an alt on the way and still seeing I have more ahead of me on my *to do* list than on my *completed* list.

I'm looking forward to content patches and updates for sure, as much as anyone, but for those interested in chasing down rare skins, achievements and stuff, there's just a ton to do. I think maybe people used to gear/stat progression grinds might find it hard to adjust to a level playing field in which the pixels just look cooler rather than have more stats.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by Valkaern

At 80 with an alt on the way and still seeing I have more ahead of me on my *to do* list than on my *completed* list.

I'm looking forward to content patches and updates for sure, as much as anyone, but for those interested in chasing down rare skins, achievements and stuff, there's just a ton to do. I think maybe people used to gear/stat progression grinds might find it hard to adjust to a level playing field in which the pixels just look cooler rather than have more stats.

In one system they lock the content behind gear checks - you farm the gear to do the next bit of content and then your gear is obsolete with the next content patch/xpac.

In the other system they give you all the content first and hide the gear behind grind so the gear is never obsolete.

So in the traditional scenario  (gear grind)(content)(gear grind)(content) and in the other (content)(gear grind)

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

It's alright bro, some of us like steak while others prefer a good hamburger and you just happen to be the type that prefers the burger over the finer alternative.

Different strokes and all that.

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

You're not the only one OP. People are leaving the game in droves and the amount of hours played is going down quickly.

It is a game full of TASKS, not quests and interesting content. It is 99% kill this, gather this, destroy this, over and over and over and over and over and over. Hey a new heart I wonder if I will be killing, destroying and collecting.... yup. Hey a new DE I wonder if I will be killing or collecting... ooohhh it is killing this time.

In every other MMO players have complained about the amount of killtasks added over real quests. In GW2 the rabid fans someone called making the game 99% killtasks... "innovation".

In every other MMO people expect to either get the game for free and have a store, or buy a box and pay a monthly fee. With GW2 you pay a box AND have a store. Guess what the fans called it? "Innovation and the future of gaming", man I hope paying $60 more for the same model is not the future of MMO gaming.

Someone should really make a new Xfire numbers thread for good measure too, those are more interesting than the same 75 threads where some people defend the awesomeness of GW2 while all the others point out the flaws.

• raven222raven222 Member Posts: 88

I have to admit i am the opposite of that , i enjoy the game more everytime i login .

My time is limited to a an hour or two gameplay each day max , i guess that might make a huge difference.

Anet has designed a great game , i do realize that people used to gear grinding as a means of progression will soon leave to MMO's that do that better , but to be honest i wish Anet keeps the game as it is.

Dungeons are so hard , sometimes insane if u just go in there with not the right build and group , but i do love it that way.

WvW rocks , SPVP too , for me this is an MMO to last , and it gets better every day.

But i guess we do not all feel the same.

Many will rush to the gear grind in WoW new expansion and other games too , hopefully the community in GW2 will consist in the end , of people that are in there cause they love what Anet has created , and enjoy it.

I have been playing MMO's many many years and to me this is fresh air , to other's it might be same old same old.

I wish i had more time to play than spend here reading the same posts over and over.

i wish a nice day to u all.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by SnarlingWolf

You're not the only one OP. People are leaving the game in droves and the amount of hours played is going down quickly.

It is a game full of TASKS, not quests and interesting content. It is 99% kill this, gather this, destroy this, over and over and over and over and over and over. Hey a new heart I wonder if I will be killing, destroying and collecting.... yup. Hey a new DE I wonder if I will be killing or collecting... ooohhh it is killing this time.

In every other MMO players have complained about the amount of killtasks added over real quests. In GW2 the rabid fans someone called making the game 99% killtasks... "innovation".

In every other MMO people expect to either get the game for free and have a store, or buy a box and pay a monthly fee. With GW2 you pay a box AND have a store. Guess what the fans called it? "Innovation and the future of gaming", man I hope paying $60 more for the same model is not the future of MMO gaming.

Someone should really make a new Xfire numbers thread for good measure too, those are more interesting than the same 75 threads where some people defend the awesomeness of GW2 while all the others point out the flaws.

Xfire is arbitrary numbers - because how many % of GW2 players have it installed? 0.5%, 1% 10%? this needs to be known for all the games, so it is a level comparison can be made. Just saying Xfire says this game is dead is not doing anyone any justice.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by SlickShoes
    Originally posted by PsyMike3d

The 1st week i was so excited and i was playing 5-8 hours per day....

Now, after few weeks, i find myself bored and only playing 2h max and not every day....

I realised, that GW2 is not meant to be a "Main" mmo, just a casual backup game.

I feel Guilds are just chatboxes and nothing more, like most f2p games out there.... 

My guild isn't even a chatbox, half the people use mumble to acutally talk and the rest don't type anything anyway. I miss the days when people used text chat.

I actually like being in voice better, especially with GW2. I don't know how other people can type and do combat at the same time, and I'm not a slow typer by any means. Especially for WvW, hop in TS and it's a blast. We have a couple commanders now that have (at least the one I heard last night) earned the spot well enough that people donated to get him the book, and it's a ton of fun being a part of it in this way.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• cliff123cliff123 Member Posts: 1
    I'm personally still enjoying GW2; though admittedly I haven't reached max level yet, so I'll have to wait a bit to be sure. I am fairly confident that it'll stay fun for a long time since the original Guild Wars gave me years of (fun) gameplay.
    Originally posted by botrytis

Xfire is arbitrary numbers - because how many % of GW2 players have it installed? 0.5%, 1% 10%? this needs to be known for all the games, so it is a level comparison can be made. Just saying Xfire says this game is dead is not doing anyone any justice.

I deleted XFire after GW2 went live, mainly because I didn't want it fighting with GW2 over resources. On reflection, I don't think it really mattered... i7 860 processor, ATI Radeon 5770 card,8Gig DDR3 ram, so I do fine regardless... I'm just funny like that I guess.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• lightningjaclightningjac Member Posts: 92
    If I play that much with any game i would get burnt out fast like you just like how i am with borderlands 2 right now and thats a single player/co-op game.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by lightningjac
    If I play that much with any game i would get burnt out fast like you just like how i am with borderlands 2 right now and thats a single player/co-op game.

feel the same can't see how people can play any game 8 hours a day everyday and not get bored.. guess people are looking for a game that controls and takes over their life instead of one they can just enjoy alonside their life. With work and my family I'm lucky to get 20 hours a week playing games.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• JuaksJuaks Member UncommonPosts: 271
    I am still having a blast, still plenty of stuff to do, crafting, WvW is fun as hell, runing explorable dungeons, leveling alts etc. It will be my main mmorpg for a long time.
  • SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697
    Originally posted by botrytis

I'm not saying they are or aren't correct. And I'm not saying that approx. the same percentage of players in any MMO would have XFire installed giving it validity in comparing one to the other.

I'm just saying that those posts tend to be far more interesting than the 75th GW2 is/isn't awful threads with the same exact statements being made by each side that were made in the last thread.

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

No wonder you're bored.  As much as you've played you should be bored.  Take a break for a while and when you go back to it, play a little less per day.

But, I guess the cool thing now is to talk about how lame GW2 is so have at it.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762

Now, after few weeks, i find myself bored and only playing 2h max and not every day....

I realised, that GW2 is not meant to be a "Main" mmo, just a casual backup game.

I feel Guilds are just chatboxes and nothing more, like most f2p games out there.... 

I'm right there with ya. Now I only play a couple of times a week for a couple of hours. Besides beating stuff up while exploring, there isn't that much to do (other than crafting, which I don't like in any MMO). The story mission is just bad, so I don't bother with it.

I need a sandbox game that doesn't play like a pretty spreadsheet. If Ultima Online wasn't so hard on the eyes, I'd probably go back to that. Wish Archage would come to the States. That looks promising.

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• Butcher_IncButcher_Inc Member Posts: 17

I agree, I was excited until I beta tested it. I play a Ranger & Thief, spamming the same skills over and over. Boss mechanics are either 'don't stand in the fire' or 'run away when you get aggro'. Not really intricate enough for organized play. WvW is a zergfest.

The revolutionary 'social' aspects of the game, i.e. no killstealing, shared exp, etc. actually make the game more antisocial, since there is no reason to party with people.

The game looks beautiful, but apart from that nothing compells me to play. But I'm only level 45 so I guess it could change.

If I hadn't sold my WoW account last year I'd be playing MoP... 

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Butcher_Inc

If I hadn't sold my WoW account last year I'd be playing MoP... 

offtopic

but for $60.00 you can have a new WOW acct with all expansions including MOP

Blizzard has a 45% discounted upgrade bundle for all Starter Accounts

Dear OP.

Whatever you choose to do, make sure you're around for Halloween, most likely Lions Arch to be specific.

Sincerely,

Volkon

Oderint, dum metuant.

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363
    Originally posted by evolver1972

I must be quite a hipster then, I got bored rather early during beta.

Sadly I find it too repetitive to hold my attention. Also many aspects gone, social, reasons to group, trinity, then the whole downlevel/uplevel thing. Why levels at all then?

• JayFiveAliveJayFiveAlive Member UncommonPosts: 601
    Originally posted by Yakamomoto
    Originally posted by evolver1972

I must be quite a hipster then, I got bored rather early during beta.

Sadly I find it too repetitive to hold my attention. Also many aspects gone, social, reasons to group, trinity, then the whole downlevel/uplevel thing. Why levels at all then?

All of my friends and I are at this point as well - we played the first two weeks and enjoyed it quite a bit until these exact things started to sink in. Bummer cause I really was hoping I'd have an MMO to play a few years. Now I am just glad for no monthly fee! I guess the next game I am looking forward to is ArchAge... years away :(

• SigilaeaSigilaea Member Posts: 317

I'm starting to slow down myself. For me the biggest draw of the game is the open, explorable world. And now that the novelty is wearing off, I would like something else to use that explorable land for.

It might be fun if we could place housing that isn't instanced. I know that isn't possible and I remember the funny problems it caused in UO, but we need something to make us feel like we are vested in the world we walk around in, and housing would be one way to help.

I am starting to feel like an outsider to everybody else's conflicts; the centaurs, the orr, etc...Like it's their world and I am some visitor breaking up fights, and helping people sell their wine so they can live happily on their plot of Tyria.

• monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622

Been playing the same thief since head start weekend and still have tons to do. My world map completion is hovering around 75%, still need to finish that. Theres a bunch of dungeons i havent done yet. Havent even touched SPvP. PLayed a bunch of WvW, and its always fun there. Ive doen about 25% of jumping puzzles, so theres that too. And I'm still wokring on my cultural teir 3 atrmor (asura), picked up the gloves and boots last night.

Theres plenty to do if u want to.

• HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773
    Originally posted by abeltensor

There is a reason you and alot of other people, my self included, are getting extremely bored with this game.  It is by nature extremely boring. 

There is no endgame.  (thats correct.)  Every class is a Healer/DPS/Tank so wheres the skill when all people do is zerg all the PvE content.  Even in a 5 man group there are no defined roles to play.  No one takes the blame or all the glory.  Everything about this game is hand-holding.  You enter a new zone, You find the scout then head for the heart thats near your level.  You kill stuff or play a silly minigame, then you explore a bit, but its not really exporing because its all marked on your minimap.  When you are tired of that, you do your Personal story which isnt that personal because by around lvl 35 everyone has the same storyline with minor details changed. Rinse and repeat.  

I absolutely hate the post WoW MMO era.  Pre-wow, it took hours to get one level, getting a reward ment working for it, quests were special events that you did to get unique items and even learning new skills was a mystery in the begining.  Now everything is on rails.  Theres no running across the direlands to get to BSD like in AC or going on a 4 hour epic corpse run because you died to a bunch of level 50 brownies in a zone 3 hours away from your bind point like in EQ.  with the linear leveling system that GW2 has in place, you essentually hit the climax of the game around lvl 5 when you obtain your skills and then everything else just is an after thought.      

IMO, After vinilla wow, the genera known as the MMO died.  All we have left are large chat rooms with detailed graphical UIs and even then with the new phasing enviroment and other features of that nature, the social aspects of these games get lost in translation so to speak.  The devs who are making these games are missing the point by pushing so much on the idea that they need capture a causal audiance of players because MMos by definition are not causial games.  You are supposed to get invested in the character you created.  You are supposed to put a lot of time and effort into playing these games to achieve the smallest of achievements.  Devs seem to think that if they make things more convieniant then the game will be better.  This is false, Extremely false.  

Thank you for explaining that. I will definately keep my mouth shut about how much I like GW2 because I am obviously not having fun.

My feelings while playing is false and I am really grateful that a true oldschool gamesplayer could explain how important it is that my game feels like hard work instead of good casual fun.

Just to get started I will log in - I bet if I really work hard at it eventually tedium will hit me and I will also be on my way ascending into your Nirvana of gamyness.

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    5-8 hours a day that's your problem.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919

2 hours max isn't a bad thing you know, gives you more time to do other stuff, more variety if you would.