Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 is getting a bit more boring, every day i play....

PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388

The 1st week i was so excited and i was playing 5-8 hours per day....

Now, after few weeks, i find myself bored and only playing 2h max and not every day....

I realised, that GW2 is not meant to be a "Main" mmo, just a casual backup game.

I feel Guilds are just chatboxes and nothing more, like most f2p games out there.... 

Comments

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,455

I still play as much as I can afford to beside work and family. Opinions vary, as well as play styles.

[mod edit]

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737

You need a break. I have never played a MMO more than a month anyways. For me al though issue is different. I am not bored of the game but i am stuck on my personal story and can not progress any further. So i am going to take a break till it gets fixed.

Otherwise having loads of fun in game.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    I've not logged in for a week but that's cus Ive been working on our kick as guild website http://harvest.moarlasers.com (work in progress) and now MOP is out so I am kinda torn. And XCOM is out in a few week.. arggggg!
  • VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    I'm just about to get my first piece of exotic gear from one of the vendors in Orr, I want to see what they have at the Lyssa temple before I commit 42K karma though. It's getting more interesting for me... still have most of the dungeons to do and a couple last bits of the personal story. Then will be my Norn ranger (46, who's effectively taking the Northern route through things), then the other alts... not remotely bored yet, but of course your mileage may vary.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by PsyMike3d

Now, after few weeks, i find myself bored and only playing 2h max and not every day....

I realised, that GW2 is not meant to be a "Main" mmo, just a casual backup game.

I feel Guilds are just chatboxes and nothing more, like most f2p games out there.... 

It really is up to you if it is a maingame or not... But if I were you I would take a break and come back later when you feel it might be fun.

Life is too short to play something you dont really enjoy and the game isnt going anywhere anyways.

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

I'm not sure why you think GW2 was not meant to be a "main MMO"

i thought it was meant to be the greatest MMO ever created.  it would be silly to create such a huge project with the main goal to be mediocre.

In any case, i sympathize with not liking things a month after you have them as much as the first day or two you have them.  thats just the way life is for many people at many times with many things.

Originally posted by The_Korrigan

I still play as much as I can afford to beside work and family. Opinions vary, as well as play styles.

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

Good luck anyway, nothing wrong in playing a game you only paid $60 for a month and needing a break. The magic is that you can come back whenever you want, even for just a week end, without having to pay one more cent :)

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

• dariuszpdariuszp Member Posts: 182

Seriously, you play too much. If I would play 5-8 hours a DAY :| in ANY game I would burn out too. I play max 2 hours because of my work (when I can play or program i want to program, I play when I'm bored with programming) and I still have a blast.

It's all about burning out. Nothing more.

Well if you are a person that had played some MMO 5-8 hours / day for couple of months/years then I can say GW2 is at fault there. But if you never had something like this then it's just burning out.

Take a break. Good luck. Have fun.

• abeltensorabeltensor Member UncommonPosts: 26

There is a reason you and alot of other people, my self included, are getting extremely bored with this game.  It is by nature extremely boring. 

There is no endgame.  (thats correct.)  Every class is a Healer/DPS/Tank so wheres the skill when all people do is zerg all the PvE content.  Even in a 5 man group there are no defined roles to play.  No one takes the blame or all the glory.  Everything about this game is hand-holding.  You enter a new zone, You find the scout then head for the heart thats near your level.  You kill stuff or play a silly minigame, then you explore a bit, but its not really exporing because its all marked on your minimap.  When you are tired of that, you do your Personal story which isnt that personal because by around lvl 35 everyone has the same storyline with minor details changed. Rinse and repeat.  

I absolutely hate the post WoW MMO era.  Pre-wow, it took hours to get one level, getting a reward ment working for it, quests were special events that you did to get unique items and even learning new skills was a mystery in the begining.  Now everything is on rails.  Theres no running across the direlands to get to BSD like in AC or going on a 4 hour epic corpse run because you died to a bunch of level 50 brownies in a zone 3 hours away from your bind point like in EQ.  with the linear leveling system that GW2 has in place, you essentually hit the climax of the game around lvl 5 when you obtain your skills and then everything else just is an after thought.      

IMO, After vinilla wow, the genera known as the MMO died.  All we have left are large chat rooms with detailed graphical UIs and even then with the new phasing enviroment and other features of that nature, the social aspects of these games get lost in translation so to speak.  The devs who are making these games are missing the point by pushing so much on the idea that they need capture a causal audiance of players because MMos by definition are not causial games.  You are supposed to get invested in the character you created.  You are supposed to put a lot of time and effort into playing these games to achieve the smallest of achievements.  Devs seem to think that if they make things more convieniant then the game will be better.  This is false, Extremely false.  

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by abeltensor

There is a reason you and alot of other people, my self included, are getting extremely bored with this game.  It is by nature extremely boring. 

There is no endgame.  (thats correct.)  Every class is a Healer/DPS/Tank so wheres the skill when all people do is zerg all the PvE content.  Even in a 5 man group there are no defined roles to play.  No one takes the blame or all the glory.  Everything about this game is hand-holding.  You enter a new zone, You find the scout then head for the heart thats near your level.  You kill stuff or play a silly minigame, then you explore a bit, but its not really exporing because its all marked on your minimap.  When you are tired of that, you do your Personal story which isnt that personal because by around lvl 35 everyone has the same storyline with minor details changed. Rinse and repeat.  

I absolutely hate the post WoW MMO era.  Pre-wow, it took hours to get one level, getting a reward ment working for it, quests were special events that you did to get unique items and even learning new skills was a mystery in the begining.  Now everything is on rails.  Theres no running across the direlands to get to BSD like in AC or going on a 4 hour epic corpse run because you died to a bunch of level 50 brownies in a zone 3 hours away from your bind point like in EQ.  with the linear leveling system that GW2 has in place, you essentually hit the climax of the game around lvl 5 when you obtain your skills and then everything else just is an after thought.      

IMO, After vinilla wow, the genera known as the MMO died.  All we have left are large chat rooms with detailed graphical UIs and even then with the new phasing enviroment and other features of that nature, the social aspects of these games get lost in translation so to speak.  The devs who are making these games are missing the point by pushing so much on the idea that they need capture a causal audiance of players because MMos by definition are not causial games.  You are supposed to get invested in the character you created.  You are supposed to put a lot of time and effort into playing these games to achieve the smallest of achievements.  Devs seem to think that if they make things more convieniant then the game will be better.  This is false, Extremely false.  

i agree

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

at least you still login 2 hours / day

i haven't actually login even once for almost 2 weeks now

that is why Anet mentioned since forever ago that this game is not going to be your usual Main MMO

and good thing that it's b2p, you should probably try to login next year when new expansion or w/e is being implemented

because i dont know what to do in the game now as well, other than the WvWvW and grinding the Explorable which makes my head feel like a exploding bomb

So What Now?

When I was young, we were going to school uphill in the snow, with very low temperatures, frozen to the bones.

The fact that we had to do it, because there was no other choice, doesn't make it more fun than not having to do it, in any way.

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

I have not logged in since the first week... one of the most boring games i have played..

but we all like different things..

Im happy playing PS2 beta and will be playing Darkfall:UW as soon as i get the chacne...

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    You are playing it worng! (tm) image But to tell the truth no MMO has lasted only one week for me except GW2. Good thing is it doesn't have a sub so I can log in again if I want. I don't even know if it's because I don't like fantasy MMOs anymore or because it's so bland and shallow. Maybe both.
  • IngvarIngvar Member UncommonPosts: 193
    I got to lvl 51 and must say its really boring... the event grind is no better then quest grind...
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,359
    I'm still loving it. Having a blast! Sorry you're not. [mod edit]
  • DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

When I was young, we were going to school uphill in the snow, with very low temperatures, frozen to the bones.

The fact that we had to do it, because there was no other choice, doesn't make it more fun than not having to do it, in any way.

Keep telling yourself that :)

Having everything handed to you on a plate, without having to invest anything at all, is a very quick route towards overexposure and apathy.

There's really no way around that, but naturally - how well GW2 fits with that claim is up to every individual to decide.

Personally, I suspect most fans will figure this out in 2-3 months - and the game will be left with a significantly smaller segment of people who, for one reason or another, enjoy some of the aspects of the game so much that this core issue won't be a big deal for them.

Maybe you'll be one of them - and you certainly seem very eager to prove how much fun you're having in every single thread that speaks against the game.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

5-8 hrs a day? WOW - give it a break. That borders on extreme and can cause health issues. No game is meant to play this way. Get out and enjoy the fresh air - do something in RL.

You don't get what guilds are about - they are more than chat boxes OR, as in other games, a way to grind gear.

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    I still can't get enough... I afraid to type /age already. I'm about to have my second 80 and then I will likely glue myself to WvW for quite sometime. 
  • SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Originally posted by Margrave
    I'm still loving it. Having a blast! Sorry you're not. [mod edit]

[mod edit]  Still bored of GW2 and seeing it as shallow and bland.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Complete opposite opinion here. I have to grudgingly force myself to log off and go to bed so I can get up for work the next day, something I haven't felt since Everquest 1.
  • PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by Margrave
    I'm still loving it. Having a blast! Sorry you're not. Have fun in Pandaland.

another one copying other ppls posts

Originally posted by evilastro
    Complete opposite opinion here. I have to grudgingly force myself to log off and go to bed so I can get up for work the next day, something I haven't felt since Everquest 1.

Hehe same here, specially when deep to the neck into WvsW. I'm playing, and suddenly "omg it's 3am, time to sleep a bit".

Respect, walk
    Yes, they are back !

• eAzydamaneAzydaman Member Posts: 218

These threads has to stop, c'mon we know some people are bored but everyday there's a new thread with the exact same content.

I don't make a thread everyday telling you how much I love the game and how every other MMO out there is garbage. Discussing opinion won't lead anywhere. 

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

GW2 is an incredible game for $60 but imho anet has fumbled the ball by diminishing my experience to the point i cant level my 2nd character and now no longer desire to try...

Whats weird is that i play in a group of RL friends almost always and we run the same DE line together and im the only one who keeps getting diminishing returns to the point i have to quit the game for an hour..

Im going to try it one more time later today since they patched and if i get diminished again im just going to quit and uninstall as its frustrating when this happens every single day while not effecting anyone else in my group and its not like i didnt get my moneys worth of fun before anet perma broke the game for me but once uininstalled it will stay that way..

Anet has provided no answers to why this appears to be happening to just me and one other guy out of 12 of us doing the exact same pve DE circuits together..

I feel unjustly targeted..

Playing GW2..