Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is me at 16. Here I am at 56. I look the same... I've looked the same.

bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Level 16 me. 

This is me at 56

Why does 90% of the gear look the same. Do you think this is ok? 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

Comments

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919

I was actually going to comment about what kind of plastic surgery you got to look that young.

Then I saw the pics.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Thats no true you got different colored dye on... and I notice the lac kof the staff there, so it is different! 

Should of posted the UI too, cause a lot of that would of looked the same too I'm sure. :)

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,373

Aren't you supposed to be off grinding somewhere to get better looking/more unique gear? image

Well, perhaps the cash shop can help?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    keep up the good work. :-)

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    Ive been refreshing and I cant see the pics!!!

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136
    As a Ranger my gear has changed looks just about every 10 levels since I turned level 20. But to me I really dont care how the armor looks through level progression.
  • cyraethcyraeth Member Posts: 53
    Im currently a level 80 mesmer.. been trough the mayority of armor changes ( every 10 levels or so aprox, was more than enough to keep with leveling pace and monster strengh) and i hardle repeated a look... maybe one piece here and there... but thats what the transmutations stones are for.(wich you can easily get for free via map comp, or achievements)... just saying... maybe you had severe bad luck and just got the same armor model... but even so, dyes make a drastic improvement.. maybe sometime later i will post some pics

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Rokurgepta
    As a Ranger my gear has changed looks just about every 10 levels since I turned level 20. But to me I really dont care how the armor looks through level progression.

Like as in short skirt long skirt? I've had a couple short skirts. It seems like I've only encounterd two styles of armor pre 80.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Pics aren't working for me... but I do agree that there aren't enough different styles of armor outside of dungeons and racial sets.  I figure they'll work on that.
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308

This is actually the biggest problem with GW2. The gear aesthetic variety is kinda crappy. Sure, people look much cooler at 80, but my friend is level 52, and he linked me his gear he was crafting. The sword and shield were exactly like the starting sword, and a beginning wooden shield AT LEVEL 52 (the items themselves were level 50, I believe)!

I was actually wearing a sword and shield at level 12 that looked exactly the same as what he was just crafting for his level.

Hopefully it gets better not much later, 'cause it's not exactly motivating me to level.

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by Rokurgepta

Like as in short skirt long skirt? I've had a couple short skirts. It seems like I've only encounterd two styles of armor pre 80.

No. At level 40 Ranger gear was pirate stuff. Pirate hat and Pirate coat looked quite good really. Now at level 50 the good stuff has a noble theme too it and looks nothing like my level 40 gears. The difference is not just length fo skirt or pants in these cases. Now your race/class might be different and I may not have seen any of that as the only class I can discuss at these levels is my Ranger.

Now I did see a level 50ish engineer over the weekend whose armor set reminded me of American old West gunfighter type vest over a lontg sleeved shirt. Looked like an old time sheriff.

• SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552

Right Click and "open image in new tab" and you can see the pictures.

This has been a big argument for me as well. Lazy gear design really annoys me because like a lot of people in games I like to see my paper doll progress with shiny new gear :P
    But seriously I didn't get a piece of gear that looks vastly different until 35 and I am 45 now and have the same visual armor...very annoying, very lazy. Great game, love the world and the events but hate the armor.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547

Level 16 me. 

This is me at 56

You've gained weight?

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• Jason1989Jason1989 Member Posts: 28
    Originally posted by Aviggin

This is actually the biggest problem with GW2. The gear aesthetic variety is kinda crappy. Sure, people look much cooler at 80, but my friend is level 52, and he linked me his gear he was crafting. The sword and shield were exactly like the starting sword, and a beginning wooden shield AT LEVEL 52 (the items themselves were level 50, I believe)!

I was actually wearing a sword and shield at level 12 that looked exactly the same as what he was just crafting for his level.

Hopefully it gets better not much later, 'cause it's not exactly motivating me to level.

I feel the same way. I am right around the 50s and am crafting gear that looks just like the lowbie starting gear.

This is one of my pet peeves about this game. In other MMO's there is a pretty massive difference in gear between the beginning levels and the over half-way mark to the cap.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575
    pics don't work for me, but i agree there needs to be more options.  Vanity tabs are great too.  I'd love to see that implemented over the stat coins.
  • NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Level 16 me. 

This is me at 56

Fugly skin. I hate how it looks in-game. Did you do the personal story parts? You get different looking skins every so often, and can pull together a nice looking set and keep that look via the transmutation stones.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by NBlitz

Fugly skin. I hate how it looks in-game. Did you do the personal story parts? You get different looking skins every so often, and can pull together a nice looking set and keep that look via the transmutation stones.

That's the short skirt I get every once in awhile. Matter of fact that's the other vaariation I've seen. It's either that or the one I have on. I haven't seen a third...

• prpshrtprpshrt Member Posts: 258

In all seriousness, the lack of unique gear is retarded. It feels like only half the game's released considering you can explore half the bloody map. Hopefully they bring in more armors and weapons with the release of the other zones. I got to 80, did cof a few times and thought, "Screw this I'm done". Now I'll only be done until they release the rest of the zones. It's been an awesome ride to 80 but until new content, Imma play Torchlight II.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by NBlitz

That's the short skirt I get every once in awhile. Matter of fact that's the other vaariation I've seen. It's either that or the one I have on. I haven't seen a third...

Well that's infuriating...but being B2P I can see why it was implemented the way it was. 

• prpshrtprpshrt Member Posts: 258

Level 16 me. 

This is me at 56

It isn't ok. They need to release more stuff soon. Not cause of the subs but they need to keep people interested until they can release another expansion so more people will buy. If people stop caring, they wont even bother buying an expansion. 

• jinxxed0jinxxed0 Member UncommonPosts: 841

I've been trying to force myself to play this because I preorded it just to get in the beta.

I've made a bunch of characters and finally settled on one. I can only make it to 14. The game is just boring. It's just a single player game with a chatroom filled with goofy people and no one ever wants to team up to do stuff because the game gives them no reason to.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

All under level 15 in these shots.. some gear early on is generic and some looks amazing.. you can usually tell by the icon what type it is. Overall Can't think of an MMO I have looked this good at this low of a level.imageimage

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• gelraengelraen Member UncommonPosts: 316

There is actually a pretty insane amount of armor choices imho, but you do need to go searching for it sometimes.  I say there is a lot of variation, taking into consideration that there is usually the tier of crafted you're on, then 1-3 equivalents from Karma vendors scattered around the world, then some which are drops.  Also keeping under consideration that you can dye each piece, mix and match from any level range which you have experienced so far by transmuting skins onto new armor, etc.  I gives a pretty huge amount of variation.

Here is a nice post of armor sets:

http://donoftheslum.minus.com/

or where he has sorted them into groups:

http://donoftheslum.minus.com/uploads

I do agree that in the first 10 levels there could be a few more, but it quickly expands.

EDIT:  that doesn't mean that I also don't want MORE!  :)

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by gelraen

There is actually a pretty insane amount of armor choices imho, but you do need to go searching for it sometimes.  I say there is a lot of variation, taking into consideration that there is usually the tier of crafted you're on, then 1-3 equivalents from Karma vendors scattered around the world, then some which are drops.  Also keeping under consideration that you can dye each piece, mix and match from any level range which you have experienced so far by transmuting skins onto new armor, etc.  I gives a pretty huge amount of variation.

Here is a nice post of armor sets:

http://donoftheslum.minus.com/

or where he has sorted them into groups:

http://donoftheslum.minus.com/uploads

I do agree that in the first 10 levels there could be a few more, but it quickly expands.

awsome shots!:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• tabindextabindex Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Aerowen, that's fine and dandy that all of your level 15's look fancy.  The thread is about the fact that there's little to no change all the way to 80.  No offense (really, I don't mean any offense by this next statement), but my underfstanding is that you have eight characters that are all like level 10 or 20.  Thus, you haven't a good understanding on this issue.