Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[General Article] World of Warcraft: Pandaria Launch Day Thoughts

Comments

• roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402

My sub runs out today . I've not brought the expansion but I've had a lot of fun ganking as many Pandas as I can . I wont return to WoW apart from welcome back offers and if they offer MoP for free with a ten day trial I'll play its content .

The launch itself has had a few glitches but on the whole its been smooth . The Pandas themselves dont quite look as bad as I thought they would .

The expansion itself does not appear to be as successful as Cataclysm in bringing people back thus far . In the EU there are 15 high populated servers compared to 35 on the first day of the last expansion . It has brought people back but I doubt it is in the numbers Blizzard would have liked to see .

That of course could change in the course of the coming week or two . My gut instinct is that there will a brief 3 or 4 month boost and WoW will continue its long slow decline again .

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

It feels weird not to have this expansion. It feels weird to not be logged in as often as possible and leveling up my main. I'm curious about elements of the new content but so far anyway, not curious enough to plunk down $40 and buy it.

Maybe I will later. Blizz puts out a polished product for sure.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

My only real issue with the pandas: I don't like their classes....well, most of them. My main is a Hunter and I have a high level Shaman (though gathering much dust).

I want to play one, but not even the Monk interests me. Oh, what I wouldn't give to have more races be able to be Warlocks. I could actually play multiple copies of that one.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    Originally posted by Rockniss
    My thoughts are this is great, I was getting bored as heck in GW2, thanks for the little hold me over though now its tike for the real mmo.

same here :)

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    Originally posted by roo67

My sub runs out today . I've not brought the expansion but I've had a lot of fun ganking as many Pandas as I can . I wont return to WoW apart from welcome back offers and if they offer MoP for free with a ten day trial I'll play its content .

The launch itself has had a few glitches but on the whole its been smooth . The Pandas themselves dont quite look as bad as I thought they would .

The expansion itself does not appear to be as successful as Cataclysm in bringing people back thus far . In the EU there are 15 high populated servers compared to 35 on the first day of the last expansion . It has brought people back but I doubt it is in the numbers Blizzard would have liked to see .

That of course could change in the course of the coming week or two . My gut instinct is that there will a brief 3 or 4 month boost and WoW will continue its long slow decline again .

kidding right? check yourself http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/status 16:44 hours  23 full - 23 high. [mod edit]

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    I say fast- One Big Awesome! Jade forest is amating and we fight like crazy against horde.  GTG back! Nice job Blizz
  • sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Originally posted by botrytis
    I played the bata of this and I thought - this is the best Blizzard can do? Sorry, now it feels just like other Asian grinders (has Pandas and Pokemon) - way to innovate!

Agreed!  My neighbor purchased this today as he is a huge WOW fan and player and he is disappointed as well.  He looked at me and said, well, (scratched his head and paused)..... are we gonna play TSW or GW2?

• JuaksJuaks Member UncommonPosts: 271
    Originally posted by Mueslinator

I have been experiencing "Launch days" of all of WoW's expansions until now. MoP will be the first expansion I don't bother with.

I still am active in the forum of a guild that plays WoW, and their reports until now are the usual: Servers crashing, login queues, the first max levels after a couple of hours.

MoP just din't hit my tastes. I don't care for Asian themes. Beating a rotting horse: And I find that this newest addition simply doesn't fit and belong. It feels somehow wrong. LIke adding gremlins to "A Song Of Ice And Fire". I don't hate gremlins, but they simply don't fit into the franchise. And thus, there really is no incentive for me to go back. Which is a shame, since WoW has been a part of my life for years. But that's a past WoW.

Same here. Mop is the first WoW expansion I wont get. I do like Asian themes but I dont care about pandas in wows lore.

Same old leveling to level cap and then grinding gear in raids, no thank you.

I am happy with GW2.

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    Originally posted by nixium

I have now played the expansion and even rolled a Panda. 

This is my initial finding and conclusion:

It was like watching a Saturday morning cartoon show, with controls.

And I don't watch them anymore.

So I'm sticking with Lord of the Rings Online while I ponder my next move. Possibly to more mature MMORPG's.

End of WoW? No. But it's definitely moving towards a younger audience and those seeking a maturer game might want to consider other titles out there.

u-  my friend nailed it!

• MahavishnuMahavishnu Member Posts: 336
    My guild has already organised two raids - yes, before the espansion was even released. And when I think of hours and hours standing around listening to the explanation over TS, the guides, the gear-grind, the addons, I know, I will never come back.

Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Good luck all who go back.  For me and my friends (minus 1 airhead lol) we are sticking with GW2 as it truely offers one, the most bang for the buck and two, true differentiation in content.

WoW will continue to hemorage subscribers i na few months when all the world sees that this expansion is more of the same.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• nsignificnsignific Member Posts: 212
    Amazing how much energy some of you manage to channel towars hate for one singular thing. I dread asking how you feel about Apple, M$, pop music or anything else mainstream, really. Like food. Or water.
  • roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402
    Originally posted by papardelios
    Originally posted by roo67

kidding right? check yourself http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/status 16:44 hours  23 full - 23 high. maybe just a troll?

Firstly please be aware I was refering to english speaking servers . I was comparing the numbers of high population english speaking servers under MoP to high population english speaking servers under cataclysm . I should have said that but ommited it by mistake .

It still doesn't change the fact that there is around  half the english speaking servers at full status under MoP than there were at cataclysm .

How can I be a troll when I've been playing WoW for the last month lol ??? It still has some of the best intanced pvp around  .  So does that make me a troll of a flamer or just someone who enjoys elements of WoW and who isn't a total fanboy . There are some of us like that simply enjoy playing now and again you know who  don't  worship at the alter of Blizzard .

Ive just logged into WoW again now the numbers of high population english speaking servers says that it is current at 18 (11 of which are locked) .

Anyone who doubts me and currently plays can log in and see for themselves . If you in the EU I suggest you do so now and count them . You ll soon see what I state is not based on anything but fact .

Also Russian servers may come under EU battlenet but I would hardly call Russia part of Europe and I'm pretty dam certain most Russians wouldn't consider themselve European .

Whatever way you look at it the numbers seem to be down at present .

Just to clarify again ...

English speaking servers under Cataclysm with a High population were at 35+  in the first 24 hours

English speaking servers under MoP with a High population at 18 thus far . That number may go up this eveming of course given most people were working or at school .

• KarazulKarazul Member CommonPosts: 39
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

When they killed the skill trees, they killed any chance of many of us ever returning.

This will be the top of the list when it comes to worst expansions ever!

And if you use the word "hater" in your subject matter it just identifies you as an uneducated boob, the word is critic.

For me this killed the game...

Dont get me wrong, before I played the beta, I was ready to level my tank warrior to 90 and continue to be the MT of my guild. But the new talent system really sucks. And also I dont agree with the path Blizzard took... It made the game too much casual and childish. They are forgeting that casual players come and go, they dont stick to a game for too long.

And now that I decided to play GW2, its hard to come back... maybe when they offer a trial + free coming back (and they always do) I will try it, but this game does not deserve a paybox + subscription.

• KakkzookaKakkzooka Member Posts: 591
    This will be the first WoW expansion that I won't be buying. But it will be interesting to see what people think.

Re: SWTOR

"Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

• ShimpoGenmuShimpoGenmu Member Posts: 66

no thx

gw2 is the best themepark mmo,haters gonna hate

i am glad tho..cause the elitist wannabe who play gw2 will go back to wow...more peace in tyria thx pandas

• ShimpoGenmuShimpoGenmu Member Posts: 66
    Originally posted by botrytis
    I played the bata of this and I thought - this is the best Blizzard can do? Sorry, now it feels just like other Asian grinders (has Pandas and Pokemon) - way to innovate!

total letdown

only the blindly hardcore fans embrace this no matter what blizzard throws

• AcvivmAcvivm Member UncommonPosts: 323
    Originally posted by Kakkzooka
    This will be the first WoW expansion that I won't be buying. But it will be interesting to see what people think.

If your truly interested in hearing what actual players think, then I suggest you don't bother with this site since about 95% of the posters here haven't touched WoW in years and have no clue what they are talking about.

Go to mmo champ and you will be able to find real commentary on the expansion from actual players and not disgruntled mmo veterans who have a grudge against WoW or Blizzard games in general.

HEAVEN OR HELL
    Duel 1
    Lets ROCK!

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

Somewhere in there is a quest giver (a post from reddit):  http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/10fvz1/4_of_those_pixels_are_a_quest_giver/

• AcvivmAcvivm Member UncommonPosts: 323
    Originally posted by Badaboom

Somewhere in there is a quest giver (a post from reddit):  http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/10fvz1/4_of_those_pixels_are_a_quest_giver/

That pic is obviously doctored since this game is dead..../sarcasm

HEAVEN OR HELL
    Duel 1
    Lets ROCK!

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692
    Originally posted by Acvivm

Go to mmo champ and you will be able to find real commentary on the expansion from actual players and not disgruntled mmo veterans who have a grudge against WoW or Blizzard games in general.

Or....Maybe...

They could look at the official WoW site.

Instead of, yknow, another biased third party that could just as easily be recanting fond memories instead of actively playing, and filling in the holes in the new with assumption.

EDIT: Point being each place has it's own bias. That place is more pro-WoW than this place is. The WoW forums, while also biased, is the closest you will get to balanced though as the people there are at the least reliably active subbers if not players.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Its the first expansion I havent bought and I feel no need to play at all, but I will watch it and see how people react, then I will likely try.

• MitiyaMitiya Member Posts: 1

Personally, I don't see how you could be bored with Guild Wars 2. I've been playing WoW since vanilla and all we've seen so far is features that everyone's loved be taken away. No more arrows, hunters don't have mana, etc. Cataclysm was PLAYABLE, but they changed the whole system to the point that people have to relearn rotations, learn how to play different roles again and it's just a bit too much for me to handle.

I can understand the hype over the new continent and the new races and factions, but it really doesn't seem like Blizzard is changing much beside the introduction of pokèmon battles. The only reason I would even continue to play is for the love of my guild, but right now I'm into the everchanging world of GWII.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    Originally posted by Mitiya

but right now I'm into the everchanging world of GWII.

Everchanging? It's been the same everyday that I've logged in.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• Grimlock426Grimlock426 Member Posts: 159
    Originally posted by Keushpuppy
    I will play 1 char from 85 to 90 to see the content and a panda untill it leaves it starting area then stop. I have no desire to level another char from 1-end.

This sounds almost exactly like me.  :)