Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Setting.. read and critique.. but please, be gentle. :)

BraveLion82BraveLion82 Las Cruces, NMPosts: 7Member Uncommon

So, some of you may of read my design document thread which got moved here. I'm still working on it, but, in an effort to

1. hopefully have a chance at making *something* and

2. Relative ease of implementation, since we're dealing with things like possiable permadeath, which frankly I'm not sure how well they'll work.

I've decided to make it into a mud. I'm currently modifying the CoffeeMud codebase, which is suprisingly easy to use and adapt. Most changes don't have to be hard coded in, which is awesome, since my java isn't real good. Anyway, I started writing some setting background and I'd love to hear other people's questions, suggestions, criticisms, what have you.

Link to google doc.

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1cBPVed0XZ7MWNLtcoS_TXuOXdbzZuFV2Bi62neuYOCM

Comments

• NitthNitth AustraliaPosts: 3,894Member Uncommon

Originally posted by BraveLion82
    So, some of you may of read my design document thread which got moved here. I'm still working on it, but, in an effort to1. hopefully have a chance at making *something* and2. Relative ease of implementation, since we're dealing with things like possiable permadeath, which frankly I'm not sure how well they'll work.I've decided to make it into a mud. I'm currently modifying the CoffeeMud codebase, which is suprisingly easy to use and adapt. Most changes don't have to be hard coded in, which is awesome, since my java isn't real good. Anyway, I started writing some setting background and I'd love to hear other people's questions, suggestions, criticisms, what have you.Link to google doc.https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1cBPVed0XZ7MWNLtcoS_TXuOXdbzZuFV2Bi62neuYOCM

Hi,

I wouldn't mind lending a hand so i can get some experience with MUD development.
    I'm currently proficient with C# (undertaking official certification) but have some experience with java.

I don't know if any of this will help you, But yeah just looking to pitch in. just not full time

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• BraveLion82BraveLion82 Las Cruces, NMPosts: 7Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Nitth
      Originally posted by BraveLion82
    So, some of you may of read my design document thread which got moved here. I'm still working on it, but, in an effort to
      1. hopefully have a chance at making *something* and 2. Relative ease of implementation, since we're dealing with things like possiable permadeath, which frankly I'm not sure how well they'll work. I've decided to make it into a mud. I'm currently modifying the CoffeeMud codebase, which is suprisingly easy to use and adapt. Most changes don't have to be hard coded in, which is awesome, since my java isn't real good. Anyway, I started writing some setting background and I'd love to hear other people's questions, suggestions, criticisms, what have you. Link to google doc. https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1cBPVed0XZ7MWNLtcoS_TXuOXdbzZuFV2Bi62neuYOCM

Hi,

I wouldn't mind lending a hand so i can get some experience with MUD development.
    I'm currently proficient with C# (undertaking official certification) but have some experience with java.

I don't know if any of this will help you, But yeah just looking to pitch in. just not full time

Wow, thank you very much for the offer. May I think about it? Being honest this is little more than a hobby for me at the moment. When I get bored I tinker around, etc.. if I involved other people I'd feel compelled to take it a lot more seriously, as I wouldn't want to waste your time, or feel like you're wasting yours. That said, it is really something I'd love to see made... I know the idea of innovation in a mud is odd, it's like saying you have an innovative horse drawn carriage, but I think with the proper features, and a fresh interesting setting. It could draw in quite a few people. So yeah, thank you very, very, very much and just give me a day or so to mull it over.