Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Notification when posts are removed

GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
I've noticed that on more than a few occasions I've had my posts mysteriously disappear with no notification or reason.  I'd like to suggest that this not be done in the future.  If theres an issue with what was posted, let us know, don't just delete it.  Thank you.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

Comments

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

Was this in a thread that was still there - or - did you notice it from your overview (or even your post count)...?

I normally get the thwap message if any post is killed in a still active thread; but I've noticed my post count go down and posts I know I made disappear from my overview when the whole thread's nuked...

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Originally posted by VirusDancer

Was this in a thread that was still there - or - did you notice it from your overview (or even your post count)...?

I normally get the thwap message if any post is killed in a still active thread; but I've noticed my post count go down and posts I know I made disappear from my overview when the whole thread's nuked...

The thread is still there.  My post is not.  It was in my overview then 5 mins after posting it, the post was gone.  No message in my inbox or anything like that. 

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649
    Ah, yeah - there definitely should be something about that.  I was thinking about the overhead of notifying everybody in a thread deletion - but with something like that, yeah - one way or another there should be some form of notification.

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Originally posted by Ginaz
    Originally posted by VirusDancer

The thread is still there.  My post is not.  It was in my overview then 5 mins after posting it, the post was gone.  No message in my inbox or anything like that. 

Generally, the 'message' you'd get is some sort of action taken against your account, such as a warning or a temporary ban. If we do this, it's usually to spare you either and let the deletion speak for itself. If you have a question about a particular action (deletion, lock, etc) you can feel free to contact me at mikeb AT mmorpg DOT com and I'll take a look for you.

• SigilaeaSigilaea Member Posts: 317
    I had a post disappear 2 days ago and there wasn't anything derogatory or mean directed at anyone in it. Are you guys having db issues?
  • erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

I had post disappear when like an entire threads gets deleted.  I try not to post in threads that are so inflammatory that they get whacked and I suffer a 5 point to the star loss.

On the other hand I have had a few post over the years that just up and disappear, with no email going you received a warning. I had a couple disappear the past few weeks for no rime or reason.

I would think that any time you do something that affects your star count you should be notified that hey, you done this over here dude and its not cool.

However from what I read that Mike said it translated in my brain to this.  "I said something that got their attention but it was not bad enough to send me an email, and I should know why the post got nuked, and not do it again, without having to send out an email."   I get that they are busy, and sometimes in the threads it gets messy when folks get to going back and forth with personal attacks and they got to edit all that out.

I just don't like getting the one post you been given a temporary vacation go elsewhere, those are the ones we all dread.