Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 & TSW Metacritic user scores.

1235»

Comments

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Randayn

Have you read the reviews for TSW?  Even MMORPG.COM didn't play the game at length before reviewing.  If you've played TSW and then went and read critic reviews (cept for maybe 1 or 2 no name reviews) it was blatantly obvious that the critics might have played the game for all of 2-6 hours, only doing the first dungeon.  The pictures they included in their reviews were pictures that were around prior to closed beta starting.  I believe one even commented on the fact that the ENTIRE game world has mob density issues...that's actually only true in Blue Mountain and a small part of the area before that...and they actually fixed the mob density issue there about a week into launch if I remember correctly.

Critics have 0 credibility anymore....I remember sitting around for 2 months waiting for reviews of MMORPG's that just launched because the critics actually played through the game before commenting...now most don't even download it...

They played it for a month, so did IGN. You just have to accept that your opinion of the game isnt consistent with the majority of gamers.

• SimphanaticSimphanatic Member Posts: 92

For the time I played TSW, I quite enjoyed it. The need to move about as you fight really works with my style. Some of the quests are innovative, and I appreciated that some quests could be repeated. More than anything, I liked that I never once encountered an elfe, orc, or dragon. To me, TSW felt original. The one initial downside was that uniqueness in character creation totally sucked.

The main thing that caused me to stop playing TSW is I'm sick to death of carrot and stick themeparks. While I was playing, TSW's economy was nonexistant and the game's weird "crafting" system just doesn't cut the mustard for me. And, running about searching for lore does not make a sufficient alternative to doing quests.

Much like SWTOR and most other themeparks these days, if you're not in the mood for combat or doing quests, there's just nothing in the TSW for you to do.

One last shot: for me (and I make no broadbrush claims about the real merit of this or that game), TSW is much better than GW2. I played GW2 only for a few hours before I'd had enough of it.

Developers, please please please give us games that rely as much on our brains as the twitchiness of our trigger fingers.