Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW is dying slowly but more expansions to come!

2»

Comments

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    By slow if you mean another 10 years yeah..i feel sorry for Blizzard.
  • GameboyMarcGameboyMarc Member UncommonPosts: 395
    I've played WoW on and off since it came out and never felt or got the impression it was dying  image. But I could be wrong.

• Imperator101Imperator101 Member Posts: 131

Originally posted by InSpectre
    Originally posted by Impeator101
    Fine you guys can stick to that bubble gum cartoony point and click same old WoW mega grind BS, I will play a real mans MMO (The games I listed in my original post). I wanna feel the clash of combat, the intensity and adreneline , feeling my sword and shield pound against the enemy (you can play Dark Fall:UW in first person), WoW does not provide this at all. Pvp in WoW is running around pressing keys over and over while targeing 1 enemy, then moving onto the next one if you are still alive. 

Thanks for trying to save me. Many have come before you, all have failed. One day I shall awaken from my selfish delusions and realize there are other products called "games" that exist outside of World of Warcraft.

I've already pre-ordered Mists, so you were just a day late in rescuing me as the game shipped today so it's too late to cancel. I'll try not to enjoy myself as I now know that you won't be playing anything at all for the next 6-24 months.

Yea, no MMO's but Im still playing Gears of War 3 and Mass Effect 2 rightn on console, only have a netbook but I will get a gaming comp at christmas and play WoW for a week finally deciding if I should dedicate myself to it. The best way to play WoW and have time for other games is to regulate your time. This is what Im doing.

1 month- Only playing WoW and Planetside 2

1 month Halo 4, Gears of War 3, Red Orchestra 2, WoW 2 weekends a month/ 1 or 2 other games I wanna play.

I would rotate each month. 

• Mike_LMike_L Member UncommonPosts: 72
    Fine you guys can stick to that bubble gum cartoony point and click same old WoW mega grind BS, I will play a real mans MMO (The games I listed in my original post). I wanna feel the clash of combat, the intensity and adreneline , feeling my sword and shield pound against the enemy (you can play Dark Fall:UW in first person), WoW does not provide this at all. Pvp in WoW is running around pressing keys over and over while targeing 1 enemy, then moving onto the next one if you are still alive. 

You know... the childish way you attack people because they play a game you don't like seem a bit sad. Accept that not everyone play what you play and you don't play the game with by far the most subcribers.

The good thing about MMOs is that there are so many of them that one of them likely fits you. Not everyone but you don't have to worry about everyone as long as you like it.

If it ain't dead you're not pressing 2 hard enough.

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459
     Yea, no MMO's but Im still playing Gears of War 3 and Mass Effect 2 rightn on console, only have a netbook but I will get a gaming comp at christmas and play WoW for a week finally deciding if I should dedicate myself to it. The best way to play WoW and have time for other games is to regulate your time. This is what Im doing.

1 month- Only playing WoW and Planetside 2

1 month Halo 4, Gears of War 3, Red Orchestra 2, WoW 2 weekends a month/ 1 or 2 other games I wanna play.

I would rotate each month. 

So you are going to be playing " that bubble gum cartoony point and click same old WoW mega grind BS"?

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066
    So here are the WoW killer MMO's I think are worth playing, maybe not a wow killer, GW2 is trying to do that but definently, these will be better games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNtB5DoJ6OI   Black Desert Online, real time sand box MMORPG being made in Korea, it will probably release in North America by late 2013 or Q1-Q2 2014. 

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/738/The-Repopulation.html  The Repopulation another sandbox MMO sci-fi themed, Free to play with paying options, going to be released Q1 2013. 

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/875/Darkfall-Unholy-Wars.html  Dark Fall Unholy Wars will have a redesigned game engine. The most intense full loot pvp game ever with real time combat and fps like combat when you are using spells with full ability to aim. 

GW2 is the WOW killer,haven't you heard lol.

But seriously,9 million subs and dying slowly, i wonder how many gaming company would agree with you.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Shadoed

Not sure quite what you expected when you posted this thread on a wow forum? Did you expect everyone to bow down to your superior knowledge of what constitutes a good game and tell you that we are all dumping our subs tomorrow to follow you to the promised land and we will even drink the coolade if you want us to?!?

OK, we get it, you don't like WoW for whatever reason you have and the game isn't for everyone, but wouldn't it have been easier to just post "I hate this game" than going to all that trouble?

well have to look at the comparisons, i mean, Darkfail vs WoW..  that ones so out there im not even sure its not some kind of ironic joke..  anyone trying to prove something using Darkfail as an object lesson is kind of spoiling their own argument, even as a FFA PVP game DF failed to appeal, Aventurine killed their own game, who hasnt after all, heard of the afk grinding necessary to even begin to compete with other players, or how OP archery and magic were vs melee, or how often hacks were used, and undetected.. though im not sure about the undetected bit, it wouldnt surprise me if they couldnt afford to lose all those players using the hacks because their subs base was so small.. and its these kinds of issues that DF;UW doesnt even address. MoP may not be WoW's best ever expansion, but it does at least offer quite a bit in terms of game play, and it will probably keep even the most jaded WoW'er interested for a few months. image

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Sylvarii
    So here are the WoW killer MMO's I think are worth playing, maybe not a wow killer, GW2 is trying to do that but definently, these will be better games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNtB5DoJ6OI   Black Desert Online, real time sand box MMORPG being made in Korea, it will probably release in North America by late 2013 or Q1-Q2 2014. 

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/738/The-Repopulation.html  The Repopulation another sandbox MMO sci-fi themed, Free to play with paying options, going to be released Q1 2013. 

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/875/Darkfall-Unholy-Wars.html  Dark Fall Unholy Wars will have a redesigned game engine. The most intense full loot pvp game ever with real time combat and fps like combat when you are using spells with full ability to aim. 

GW2 is the WOW killer,haven't you heard lol.

But seriously,9 million subs and dying slowly, i wonder how many gaming company would agree with you.

never even heard of the first game, but its Korean so maybe thats why, so many games there that never see the light of day outside of Korea after all, and the repopulation.. which is in early stages of development, to say that Q1 OF 2013 is their release date is.. well i would say optimistic but im not sure that even covers a fraction of it,  and then there is DF;UW..  a title fully deserving of the 'picard face palm'  as for WoW, the 9 million was before MoP was released, it would be interesting to see how it is now.. but even if the numbers didnt increase, which is unlikely, at 9 million active subs for a P2P game, hardly an indictment on a failing genre. WoW is a game some people just love to hate, and after Diablo 3 Blizzard have surely come in for some stick, deservedly imo, but everyone is entitled to at least one mistake, their hardly SOE after all image

• bone12bone12 Member Posts: 31

Blizzard has said they plan 3-4 more expansions after MOP. I don't see how WOW will be successful, they have been dying slowly since BC, each expansion has seen gains in subs with sharp declines 8+ months since release. I think they should do a graphics redo and gameplay redo for the next expansion, make the game play real time based on skill, swinging your sword and blocking with your shield all in real time, aiming with spells like an FPS but I don't think that will ever happen, the most they will do is a graphics redo. There are just so much better looking games and better MMO's being made right now. WoW is the same old generic BS, what we have all come to expect from a MMO, there is nothing new or innovative about it, it has spawned legions of clone games like the pathetic joke of a MMO, The Old Republic. 

None of these MMO's are the typical points and click no skill invovled BS that WoW is. I was thinking about going back to WoW but Im interested in these games, I don't think I will go back to it. I did play retail wow but I quit after level 35 and got bored, I also played on a private server 2 or 3 times before, each time I got bored of the game within 3-4 months and quit.

I get so obsessed with WoW at first but then it starts to feel so stale and boring. 

first of all Give us proof that Blizzard will make 3-4 more expansions cause they dont say so...

they said a couple of year's ago that wow would reach level 100 as max level means that its 1-2 expansions more.. i doubt that they do more then that..

oh ye and those 3 games u listed is crap... they dont beat wow at all.. or Gw2