Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In case you missed DF 1.0 and are curious...

Comments

• Spades911Spades911 Member Posts: 1

9 v 27+

2 v who knows how many chinese

CO Raiding a player event while recording their vent in the process of doing so (mad people)

Raw recording of their vent

CO fighting UDL/SB/HH/friends

CO vs DHW/SB

• FluteFlute Member UncommonPosts: 455

Harlequin

The ozzies are comming to Darkfall : Unholy Wars!  Woot :)  I remember these guys from a long time ago, sure they terrified the heck out of me but then a game needs "qualtiy reds" :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=ZDXSPFSKAWc&NR=1

It is awesome to see some of the old names dusting off thier old FRAPS in anticipation of the glorious carnage that will ensue when Df:UW opens.

Want to listen to someone discussing roleplaying and Darkfall?  Check out this podcast interview with Lord Zannul, the Hero of Mercia.  No kidding, this guy was one of the legitimate "good guy" heros on the NA-1 server.  Other players gave him the nickname, and he earnt it.  Df-centric from about 25 minutes in.

http://blog.mmosmacktalk.com/1183/mmo-podcast/vpr-cast103-lord-zanuul/

• Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

It's still basically the same game.

(which was pretty bad)

Originally posted by Angier2758

It's still basically the same game.

(which was pretty bad)

Actually it wasn't bad, just really horrible new player experience and some really bad design blunders over the life of Darkfall 1.0, which Aventurine has actually fronted up and discretely admitted really screwed up the game (instant ray spells in particular).

The simplest way to "pidgeonhole" the game would be a "pre-Trammel UO style" game. If you liked Everquest and hated UO, then you likely would prefer GW2 over Df.  Nothing wrong with that, just very different games.

• 123443211234123443211234 Member UncommonPosts: 244

If you want to see how truly epic and dynamic sieges in Darkfall can be watch this series of three videos.  I was there for these sieges, they started around 5 am pacific time (done on purpose by the attackers so there would be less defenders) and lasted for the next 4-5 hours.  We are talking constant movement coordination and massive battles on multiple fronts.  4 cities of ours all were attacked 4 cities all were defended.  Epic battles around the map involving 100's of players on each side.   NO OTHER GAME OUT THERE WILL GIVE YOU THIS TYPE OF DYNAMIC ENVIRONMENT IT IS F'ng AMAZING!

Part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY5Wu1U3-ps&feature=plcp

Part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIV-djxIOik&feature=plcp

Part 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOTg-K1KZwg&feature=plcp

These events are just the happenings one morning in the world of Darkfall. 

PS.  Make sure to watch the beginning of part 2 if you don't understand the tactics used in part 1 as the current game mechanics have changed since this occurred.

• gabbelgabbel Member UncommonPosts: 21
  • timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Niiicee.. i will be watching this game from now :D
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751
    Originally posted by timeraider

It's open world so I hope you've got your $5k computer ready :p

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

i actually can't wait for this game to launch. i played DF for about 8 months but, since i was abot a year late  in starting, i was never competitive enough to be part in any sort of semi fun pvp.

pvp was always a huge disappointment, where i would be 2 shot by pretty much everyone.

i really hope DF UW will prevent that huge nube-vet gap from happening again.

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603
    Wow those videos look horrible. Thanks for the "Do not get this game" thread.
  • kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by bunnyhopper
    Originally posted by timeraider

It's open world so I hope you've got your $5k computer ready :p

No you dont need a great computer. Just one with good processing power on individual cores since it only uses 1. An expensive multi-core computer with low power in each one performs like crap. They may have fixed this in UW though, but havent seen them discuss it.

My PC ran me about $900 a year ago and can run the game on max settings without a single problem

• PurppezeroPurppezero Member Posts: 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iEBer4P5mw

In my opinion, this is one of the greatest DF videos ever made.

• Hephaestus_XiiHephaestus_Xii Member Posts: 21
    Good times lets hope there are many more in DF:UW image

Sabotage Gaming TS3 Open To All Gamer's

Teamspeak IP. 162.243.205.195
  • JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075
    Originally posted by PsyMike3d
    i just found this Darkfall video, its so funny http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXscO9pV6ec&feature=related

thanks for link that video was very funny.

My blog: image

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

I miss Darkfall 1 and soon it will be gone forever. I just dont have time anymore.

I will say what I dont like about what I have seen on the new version is the is targeting system. What I liked about Darkfall 1 is no target help.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682

Missed Darkfall? Which one?

Darkfall, Darkfall 2010, Darkfall 2.0, or Darkfall: Unholy Wars? Which is the the one that isn't vaporware?

I'm so confused...

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • Justin9820Justin9820 Member Posts: 49
    Originally posted by grimgryphon

Darkfall, Darkfall 2010, Darkfall 2.0, or Darkfall: Unholy Wars? Which is the the one that isn't vaporware?

I'm so confused...

There was only ever one darkfall...

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by Justin9820

I'm so confused...

Yup. Just one.

And contrary to the hopes and dreams of a few little "odd specimens" it clearly never ended up as vaporware. Too bad so sad.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Originally posted by SEANMCAD

I miss Darkfall 1 and soon it will be gone forever. I just dont have time anymore.

I will say what I dont like about what I have seen on the new version is the is targeting system. What I liked about Darkfall 1 is no target help.

As far as I know, there is no targeting help. Still need to aim all attacks.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    Originally posted by Cecropia

I'm so confused...

Yup. Just one.

And contrary to the hopes and dreams of a few little "odd specimens" it clearly never ended up as vaporware. Too bad so sad.

It wasn't vaporware, but sadly it also wasn't anything even close to being a sandbox game.  At best, it was a clan warfare themepark, with the worst community imaginable.

Hoping the next version will be much, MUCH closer to what the original game was supposed to be.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by Rohn

Yup. Just one.

It wasn't vaporware, but sadly it also wasn't anything even close to being a sandbox game.  At best, it was a clan warfare themepark, with the worst community imaginable.

Hoping the next version will be much, MUCH closer to what the original game was supposed to be.

I could not disagree with you more about the game being a theme park, but I do hope you find what you're looking for with UW. There's a hell of a lot of sandbox fans out there that could really do with a quality alternative to the mighty EVE.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• Justin9820Justin9820 Member Posts: 49
    Originally posted by Rohn

I'm so confused...

Yup. Just one.

Im don't really agree with you. while it isn't a full blown sandbox, it was extremely far from themepark. Themepark gets its name because when you play a themepark game, you are just along for the ride. Darkfall was a game where you made the ride, sure there was premade mob spawns and you couldn't truly shape the world, but on every other level than that it was  a baby sandbox game.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627
    Originally posted by WhisperXIII
    Originally posted by PsyMike3d
    i just found this Darkfall video, its so funny http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXscO9pV6ec&feature=related

One of the funniest moments I've ever seen in a Darkfall video:

http://youtu.be/eKrTwddk7eI?hd=1

>.<

Oh god, lmao.... that was fracking halarious....

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"