Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hype...

GhostshadowsGhostshadows Member UncommonPosts: 70

Looks like once again its building great hype like the first DF...only 2 months to find out and hopefully more info releases!

People take the internet too serious...go out get some sun and cool off

Comments

• IkisisIkisis Member UncommonPosts: 443
    image 2003 never forget!

• GamefunGamefun Member Posts: 290
    Let's just hope they dont screw this one up again. I'm definitely looking forward to this but I'm not going to get my hopes up either.
  • GhostshadowsGhostshadows Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Originally posted by Gamefun
    Let's just hope they dont screw this one up again. I'm definitely looking forward to this but I'm not going to get my hopes up either.

I agree with ya 100% lets hope the devs "fixed" the issues. Deja Vu all over again maybe, But still I'll be playin it with my buddies.

• 123443211234123443211234 Member UncommonPosts: 244

Well the first one despite some flaws was aboslutely an amazing experience.  Darkfall ruined me for any other mmorp, as in without the persistent danger, and the necessary skills (no auto aim, friendly fire etc...) it was such a thrilling experience that no other game has even come close to.  It deserves all the hype it can get and probably then some.  This game definetely won't be for the faint of heart or carebear crowd but if you are looking for a thrilling gaming experience that literally keeps you on the edge of your seat and the adrenaline pumping then Darkfall is for you!

LONG LIVE DARKFALL!!!

• GamefunGamefun Member Posts: 290
    Originally posted by Ghostshadows

I agree with ya 100% lets hope the devs "fixed" the issues. Deja Vu all over again maybe, But still I'll be playin it with my buddies.

Too bad all my clan mates jumped ship and left or I'd still be playing it right now until Darkfall Unholy Wars comes out. :|

Originally posted by 123443211234

Well the first one despite some flaws was aboslutely an amazing experience.  Darkfall ruined me for any other mmorp, as in without the persistent danger, and the necessary skills (no auto aim, friendly fire etc...) it was such a thrilling experience that no other game has even come close to.  It deserves all the hype it can get and probably then some.  This game definetely won't be for the faint of heart or carebear crowd but if you are looking for a thrilling gaming experience that literally keeps you on the edge of your seat and the adrenaline pumping then Darkfall is for you!

LONG LIVE DARKFALL!!!

Ditto!

• IkisisIkisis Member UncommonPosts: 443
    Anyone who has this game that hasnt played id advise you to resub for a month and max your toon out so you have a maxed character in UW.. Just a tip.

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by Ikisis
    Anyone who has this game that hasnt played id advise you to resub for a month and max your toon out so you have a maxed character in UW.. Just a tip.

I'm pretty sure this is a new game and not an expansion pack..

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

LONG LIVE DARKFALL!!!

That all sounds really tempting and cool, I just don't like the P2P model anymore.  I assume the new Darkfall will be a sub like the first?

• 123443211234123443211234 Member UncommonPosts: 244
    Originally posted by Eir_S

LONG LIVE DARKFALL!!!

That all sounds really tempting and cool, I just don't like the P2P model anymore.  I assume the new Darkfall will be a sub like the first?

I'm 99% sure it will be subscription based, which is very very good for this type of game.  You absolutely cannot do F2p in a full loot, no-auto aim,  ffa game.  The amount of hacking would be absurd in a f2p version.

• NakedFuryNakedFury Member UncommonPosts: 411

F2P model can be done, nothing is impossible. They would just need to set a limit to what they want to sell.

No power items, maybe all cosmetic, maybe little pets for show, weapon skins, etc.

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417
    Dear god, no. No F2P. I'm completely willing to pay a monthly fee for this game.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

If its F2P theres no way me and my friends will be playing this...just saying.

• NakedFuryNakedFury Member UncommonPosts: 411
    Was just saying, it can be done.

• kuntakintaykuntakintay Member Posts: 44

Well the first one despite some flaws was aboslutely an amazing experience.  Darkfall ruined me for any other mmorp, as in without the persistent danger, and the necessary skills (no auto aim, friendly fire etc...) it was such a thrilling experience that no other game has even come close to.  It deserves all the hype it can get and probably then some.  This game definetely won't be for the faint of heart or carebear crowd but if you are looking for a thrilling gaming experience that literally keeps you on the edge of your seat and the adrenaline pumping then Darkfall is for you! LONG LIVE DARKFALL!!!

i agree, the game wasnt that bad at all, it was a fun experience and did have a lot of issues but was still way better than any other mmo ive ever played and ive played a lot.. it also ruined me in terms of other mmo's as well, i literally cant play any tab target mmo's at this point, or even any mmos without full loot.. its just so boring
  • AzernoAzerno Member UncommonPosts: 23
    I'm extremely excited to see what Aventurine has in store for us in this new installment of the game. I've played Darkfall Online on and off since it's EU launch, and like amny others i simply can't get any enjoyment out of any other MMOs anymore. Nothing gets your blood pumping and adrenaline flowing like the combat in Darkfall. I truly beleive that AV has learned from the mistakes they made in the early days of Darkfall and will continue to improve upon the systems that they have in place, creating a truly great game.
  • 7star7star Member Posts: 405

But you know you will.

Just like me and everyone else who loves what this game can be.

• kizzaykizzay Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by Flex1

F2P model can be done, nothing is impossible. They would just need to set a limit to what they want to sell.

No power items, maybe all cosmetic, maybe little pets for show, weapon skins, etc.

I don't know about this.. I fully support a subscription-fee if it gives AV the resources to maintain/update the game

• killer128killer128 Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by 7star

But you know you will.

Just like me and everyone else who loves what this game can be.

And this game could be something spectacular!  As long as they fix the issues with skill caps and the class system they've designed I'm sure it'll be great!  Another thing I would love to see is local banking,  I'm sure that would sprout a whole litter of gangs/ pirates that attack people who are moving their banks. SO MUCH POTENTIAL.

Darkfall Unholy Wars

• Scypheroth87Scypheroth87 Member Posts: 14

really hype? wow cuz this is the first post i ever seen even talk about it or mention the word hype....

ALSO NO its a compleatly new game no char xfers no nothing, plus a new world that will be smaller to promote better pvp and it will have less water from what i been hearing in game.

• 7star7star Member Posts: 405
    Originally posted by killer128  Another thing I would love to see is local banking,  I'm sure that would sprout a whole litter of gangs/ pirates that attack people who are moving their banks. SO MUCH POTENTIAL.

I agree with this. This is one thing Mortal Online got right.

• Mighty123eMighty123e Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by Scypheroth87

really hype? wow cuz this is the first post i ever seen even talk about it or mention the word hype....

ALSO NO its a compleatly new game no char xfers no nothing, plus a new world that will be smaller to promote better pvp and it will have less water from what i been hearing in game.

Yeah i heard there is going to be less water, but there is alot of hype i've seen, i mean imagine the darkfall you guys never got.

• miasmafxmiasmafx Member UncommonPosts: 15
    I love the old Darkfall, if they just improve off of what they have and make it to where not only hardcore PvPers enjoy the game then it would be perfect.
  • Mighty123eMighty123e Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by miasmafx
    I love the old Darkfall, if they just improve off of what they have and make it to where not only hardcore PvPers enjoy the game then it would be perfect.

Exactly, im hoping for 40 people at a goblin spawn on launch ^^

• eAdrianeAdrian Member Posts: 3

LONG LIVE DARKFALL!!!

I completely agree. 

All the tab and click games lost purpose. PvP in Darkfall was and is still so far ahead of other games. Not being a devoted PvP player I still never had a better gaming experience then Darkfall. In what other game are you scared when mining? In what other game are you scared of dying.

Those who only played Darkfall when it was new in the Zerg missed out on the depth of the game.

If it wasnt for such terrible community management, horrible skillweekends and announcing the death of the game I would still play. 

I wish for more depth in crafting, less difference of a new and levelled player, but with or without that I'm so excited about this game.

DARKFALL IS DEAD. LONG LIVE DARKFALL!!!